vs Belmont (4-4) - Tuesday, 1/23/24 - 7 pm - ESPN+

ISU86

Belmont loves to score quickly but can be exposed on defense; if we can shoot even respectably from beyond the arc, this one is snatchable.

Bruins 70
Redbirds 72

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Is Belmont going to get here? They can't just bus up tomorrow morning I don't think. They going to be able to fly in to BMI? I know a lot of flights were cancelled today.

Dmills

Is Belmont going to get here? They can't just bus up tomorrow morning I don't think. They going to be able to fly in to BMI? I know a lot of flights were cancelled today.
Very random... but I saw a guy who was approximately 6'8" decked out with a very nice Belmont Bruins jacket at Aldi in Normal on Sunday. Definitely seemed like an athlete and my immediate thought was that he was on the basketball team since I knew they played Tuesday. My best guess is Cade Tyson-I wish I would've thought to look at the roster sooner. I just wasn't sure why he would be in town on Sunday at Aldi by himself. Didn't realize they were in Peoria on Saturday. That being said, I'm pretty confident the team has been in town since Sunday.

Dmills

It would be nice to enter the Bradley game at 11-11 (5-6). Would need to win 2 out of next 3 vs Belmont, @Evansville, and @Murray State. Bradley has won 8 in a row and have Murray State, @Indiana State, and Northern Iowa coming up.

BirdAlum2K15

Can confirm that Belmont did not go home. They were practicing in RBA yesterday morning.

No idea how we are favored after that Valpo loss. 45% +FG and 33%+ from three and we will win. Dont think that will happen. Take care of the ball. Myles needs to kick it out when he's double teamed.

72-67 Belmont.

Adunk33

Staff member
Can confirm that Belmont did not go home. They were practicing in RBA yesterday morning.

No idea how we are favored after that Valpo loss. 45% +FG and 33%+ from three and we will win. Dont think that will happen. Take care of the ball. Myles needs to kick it out when he's double teamed.

72-67 Belmont.
My reaction upon seeing the spread also was "Why?"

Myles did a much better job kicking out against Mo State on Saturday with 4 assists. I assume that's a season high for him.

RedbirdSoxFan

My reaction upon seeing the spread also was "Why?"

Myles did a much better job kicking out against Mo State on Saturday with 4 assists. I assume that's a season high for him.
Probably thought “Why” when you saw Belmont -7 for the game @ Belmont after Belmont had just pounded Drake by 22. Final score was:
Belmont 67
Redbirds 60
So if Vegas got that one right I’m gonna be very happy if they got this one right!

Manchester Matt

72-67 Belmont.
Probably has something to do with they've been terrible on the road.

Top Bottom