@Valpo 1/2/19 7pm

Redbird60451

Is anyone making the drive to the ARC? Or is my family going to be the only ones in Red in the game?

Rollbirds

https://twitter.com/pg_benson/status/1079877946238795776?s=21

https://twitter.com/pg_benson/status/1079878136127545345?s=21

Atrey22

Wouldn't it be possible for Taylor be able to play in a handful of games & then they could still redshirt him?

stats

Atrey22 said:
Wouldn't it be possible for Taylor be able to play in a handful of games & then they could still redshirt him?
I might be wrong on this, but here goes.
If he plays in less than 3 games and gets hurt, the team can request a redshirt for the player, which NCAA would most certainly accept.
If he gets injured in the off-season, but then is well enough to play in 2 games, I'm not sure they would accept a redshirt request.

SoCalRedbird

Redbird60451 said:
Is anyone making the drive to the ARC? Or is my family going to be the only ones in Red in the game?
Our family will be in D section.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Redbird60451

SoCalRedbird said:
Redbird60451 said:
Our family will be in D section.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Section BB with family friends that went to Valpo

Manchester Matt

I’m planning to go to the game. Probably just get a ticket on Wednesday night when I get to the ARC.

Metamoron

stats said:
Atrey22 said:
If he plays in less than 3 games and gets hurt, the team can request a redshirt for the player, which NCAA would most certainly accept.
If he gets injured in the off-season, but then is well enough to play in 2 games, I'm not sure they would accept a redshirt request.

I know redshirt rules in football have changed dramatically. Not sure about hoops.

TIMMY

Metamoron said:
stats said:
Atrey22 said:

I know redshirt rules in football have changed dramatically. Not sure about hoops.
The basketball rule hasn't changed yet but it will.

DannyCooksey

I don’t think we are ready to win at Valparaiso. I just hope we play hard and avoid complete embarrassment.

Valparaiso 84
Birds 71

I think Rey gets 10 points.

PS—Happy New Year and safe travels to all making the trip.

stats

I'm psyched for the season to finally begin tomorrow.
ISU 66 Valpo 56. Good team defense will take over.

ChiRedbirdfan

CaliRdBrd said:
cpacmel said:
Illinois State +3

Over / under 143.5
Pretty much says everything you need to know.

I can not see ISU being favored in any game on the road unless some significant improvement in play happens on a consistent basis. This team seems to play solid for a little over half of a game with the remainder of the game being bad play. Hard to win many games with that type of overall performance. Can ISU please come out ready to play...cold starts have been a common thing.

Going to check out the Loyola and Indy State game tomorrow night since it is in Chicago. Interested in seeing Barnes as he was impressive last year and sounds like he is having a good season to date.

stats

ChiRedbirdfan said:
I can not see ISU being favored in any game on the road unless some significant improvement in play happens on a consistent basis.

I would guess the home team will be favored in a pretty high percentage of games in the MVC, regardless of who is playing. At least early on, it seems pretty wide open. Like I said a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't want to make a living by betting on MVC games this year.

ISU86

cpacmel said:
Illinois State +3

Over / under 143.5

Eleven days since being boatraced at Central Florida, lot of areas that can be improved (defense, rebounding, shooting).

Be nice to see some synergy on the court as well, hopefully it starts at Valparaiso; however, the Brigham Young game seems to be the only one where they rallied together as an unit.

Hopefully I am wrong, but ...

Redbirds 71
Crusaders 78

Adunk33

Staff member
stats said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:
I can not see ISU being favored in any game on the road unless some significant improvement in play happens on a consistent basis.

I would guess the home team will be favored in a pretty high percentage of games in the MVC, regardless of who is playing. At least early on, it seems pretty wide open. Like I said a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't want to make a living by betting on MVC games this year.

Other MVC lines for today:
Drake -1 @ Evansville. O/U 150
SIU -7 vs Missouri State. O/U 144
Bradley -8 vs UNI. O/U 129
Loyola -6.5 vs INST. O/U 131

I think most if these are pretty close to what to expect. I like that Drake game and our Birds. It'd be tough to play anything else.

Phantom

Winnable? Yes. But we're awful on the road. No time like now to fix that, but...

Them 77
Us 70

I think we will do a good job today. I am hoping the team has seen enough junk at this point to be able to prevail in these conference games. I sure hope the break was a good recharge for them. I wonder how many were able to go home over the holidays or if there was no time for that (obviously I mean the far out-of-towners)... Anybody know the scoop on that?

Top Bottom