UNI vs JM

Sladerunningbear

UNI gets screwed on 2 fumble calls. They need to protest this game!

UNI has a good defense (but allow receivers to be wide open), but their offense is horrible!

Redbirds100

It's 10 0 JMU at half, UNI has no offense and the defense is playing good but on the field most of the first half, JMU defense looks pretty strong...

Adunk33

Staff member
Just saw the final score and didn’t see a play of the game. Seems like UNI should’ve been in it if they had a shred of offense. Games like this drive the defensive squad nuts.

Chi-bird

Saw most of the game. I thought JMU was impressive and looked really balanced. They look like the should be making it to Frisco and might just be the team to beat.

RedbirdSoxFan

Chi-bird said:
Saw most of the game. I thought JMU was impressive and looked really balanced. They look like the should be making it to Frisco and might just be the team to beat.

10 points against UNI doesn’t tell me they are the team to beat. Especially after being given two BS calls on turnovers, and still only scored 10 points.

fourthandshort

Final was 17-0 .. didn't see game but UNI hung tough defensively .. 1st downs were 21 to 7 ... so their defense was on the field on whole lot and held them to 17 points .. impressive against an explosive team like JMU.

RedbirdSoxFan

fourthandshort said:
Final was 17-0 .. didn't see game but UNI hung tough defensively .. 1st downs were 21 to 7 ... so their defense was on the field on whole lot and held them to 17 points .. impressive against an explosive team like JMU.

I know the final was 17-0, but the last touchdown was a freebie. With about 2:20 left in the game, UNI was forced to go for it on 4th and 2 @ around their own 10 yard line. The quarterback go tackled at the one (actually, I thought the QB was tackled in the ends zone and it should have been called a Safety, and the final should have been 12-0). JMU ran it in from the one. To me, I didn’t really count that touchdown against the UNI defense.

Chi-bird

RedbirdSoxFan said:
Chi-bird said:

10 points against UNI doesn’t tell me they are the team to beat. Especially after being given two BS calls on turnovers, and still only scored 10 points.

They had three times as many yards and first downs as a fairly good UNI team and have blown the doors off most of their opponents as of late. Will see. I'm sure NDSU will be favored, but I think JMU can slow their running attack. It should be a good one.

Top Bottom