@ UNI, 2/13/19, 7 pm, ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHBird

Why hasn't UNI done better the last few years? You figure with WSU leaving the conference they would rule, but they've been pretty so so the last few years. I thought Jacobsen was a great coach...seems like their teams should be better.

I think we lose by 1 point at the end, with Phil missing two free throws.

stats

JHBird said:
Why hasn't UNI done better the last few years? You figure with WSU leaving the conference they would rule, but they've been pretty so so the last few years. I thought Jacobsen was a great coach...seems like their teams should be better.

I think we lose by 1 point at the end, with Phil missing two free throws.

It would not surprise me at all to see them be the team that is dancing this year.

ISU86

they say bad things come in threes; might as well get that last miraculous heave out of the way now

Redbirds 64
Panthers 67

(and for our contract "junkies" on the board, Coach Jake is locked in through 2027 at $900+k per)

Bird Friend

Racine Bird 3813 said:
UNI hits a 3/4 court shot at the buzzer to win 62-61.

Too soon???

What really happens is the score is tied and Phil goes in for an epic jam to win the game, loses control of the ball, slams it off the back iron, and watches with a sense of impending doom as the ball flies into the UNI basket.

Phantom

Green goes off for 31 but in keeping with the inexplicable nature of this season we win by 10.

SgtHulka

Birds 71
Purple Pansies 69

Down to 4 players, Hein comes in wearing sweats and nails a 3/4 court shot for the win.

gobirds85

ISU86 said:
they say bad things come in threes; might as well get that last miraculous heave out of the way now

Redbirds 64
Panthers 67

(and for our contract "junkies" on the board, Coach Jake is locked in through 2027 at $900+k per)

Jake has 4 ncaa tourney wins since 2010. How many does Dan have?

bb fan

gobirds85, I thought only recent events counted.

I have been told I can't point out the league's strength with a FF only a year ago...
I have been told I can't point out Muller winning a school record 28 games and a COY two years ago..

FWIW, I think Jake is a terrific coach (even though his teams have been down for a couple of years), but you seem to want to change the rules on what should count from one post to the next.

RedbirdMan

Another road game another L. Correct me if I’m wrong but the only win ISU has at UNI in the Muller era is the 17-1 squad correct? Seems like at UNI and at INSU never is very pretty.

UNI-72
ISU-61

gobirds85

bb fan said:
gobirds85, I thought only recent events counted.

I have been told I can't point out the league's strength with a FF only a year ago...
I have been told I can't point out Muller winning a school record 28 games and a COY two years ago..

FWIW, I think Jake is a terrific coach (even though his teams have been down for a couple of years), but you seem to want to change the rules on what should count from one post to the next.

I never told you couldn't point out Muller's accomplishments. I said that COY means squat. Who's going to win COY this year? Drakes's HC? And what is that going to get Drake?And what did the record 28 games get us? Also, I was not involved in crafting Jake's contract but he has a lot more on his resume and that apparently meant something to UNI.

As far as the league strength...look at last year's power rating and compare that to this year's power rating. This year the valley sucks *ss. Bigly. And if you think the tournament committee will be sitting around discussing the merits of Loyola from last year as to why the valley winner will only get a 14 seed this year then facts do not matter to you so you can believe what you want to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom