UCF got hosed

Brick

UCF got hosed twice at the end. Should have been an offensive foul on push off before the foul on Fall. Then a push to the back for winning basket. Lots of talent there for the future too. Perhaps the Gonzaga of the south now

Hamdonger

Brick said:
UCF got hosed twice at the end. Should have been an offensive foul on push off before the foul on Fall. Then a push to the back for winning basket. Lots of talent there for the future too. Perhaps the Gonzaga of the south now

Brickers...gotta disagree on the Zion miss. Same thing as Oregon 2 years ago (Oregon's Bell missed TWO blockouts). The UCF player failed to plant his a$$ into his opponent. Had he made any sort of contact with the man behind him that rebound would have been his. The tiniest of fundamentals decide ballgames. Where the hek is Rick bleepin' Lamb when you need him?!?!

Don't care if you're 120lbs. Get INTO your man then EXPLODE to the ball. I'm ticked. That was UCF's game.

Heck of a ballgame though, and Williamson is such a physical force. Almost jaw dropping to see how mich bigger he is than the average college player. Hek, pro player!

stats

Brick said:

I agree. The game ended almost 2 hours ago and I'm still ticked. I am pretty sure if that was Zion driving to the basket for the game winner instead of UCF, they would have called that a bump on the shot.

Bird Friend

stats said:
Brick said:

I agree. The game ended almost 2 hours ago and I'm still ticked. I am pretty sure if that was Zion driving to the basket for the game winner instead of UCF, they would have called that a bump on the shot.

Nah, it only would've been called if McIntosh had been the defender.

stats

Bird Friend said:
stats said:
Brick said:

Nah, it only would've been called if McIntosh had been the defender.

You had to bring that up. That game ranks in the top 5 games I'd like to forget. We were that close to having U of I at Redbird.

ISU FAN 1

Zion knocking everyone down on the way to the bucket was 50-50 call, or no call. Yes, massive pushing on the rebounded FT miss. Gotta call that tight, since Duke obviously has nothing to lose by pushing at that point. It’s their only hope, and just pray that refs are swallowing their whistles.

That said, UCF could have executed the missed alley oop. And, UCF benefitted with the shot clock call. That ball didn’t hit the rim, and resulted in 2 points gifted to UCF.

Tpguy

Please never say Mcintosh ever again on this board

Seven

If you watch how Paris Lee defends on that play it tells you everything you need to know in the difference of BBIQ between the two players.

Bird Friend

Seven said:
If you watch how Paris Lee defends on that play it tells you everything you need to know in the difference of BBIQ between the two players.

Who was Paris playing for? I don't remember seeing him in the Duke/UCF game . . . ;)

ISU FAN 1

Seven said:

Micro aggression against Canadians?

Adunk33

Staff member
Forgive me if this was mentioned else where but anyone notice two of the non p6 teams playing yesterday were?

UC Irvine and UCF. If you recall, those were the two teams the Birds played in the NIT in 2017. Its interesting to see how teams can develop over time.

Brick

When Zion went to the hoop before the shot the defensive player went flying. If it was a 50/50 situation then either an offensive foul or defensive foul and FTs. In that situation on a missed FT I LIKE the 7.6 guys chance of snaring the rebound. But no call and Fall fouls
out. Also agree that the defender on the missed FT should have been stronger. But he ended up on the other side of the
Basket. Clearly a push. Also agree it never would have happened to Rick Kamb!👅👅. Duke got both calls/non calls and they won. It was indeed a great game though. UFC has become a big time basketball presence.

PurpleRedbird

I did think the push on the Ft rebound by the Duke player was one of the smartest plays in the tourney. Worse that could happen was a foul being called which you would have to do if u didn't get the rebound anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Redbird222

Adunk33 said:
Forgive me if this was mentioned else where but anyone notice two of the non p6 teams playing yesterday were?

UC Irvine and UCF. If you recall, those were the two teams the Birds played in the NIT in 2017. Its interesting to see how teams can develop over time.
And the announcers brought up the win over Illinois State in the NIT as a turning point. It feels good to be the catalyst for another program .... again.

gobirds85

Adunk33 said:

I am confident that Dan’s 8th year will be the year he turns things around. Sometimes it takes a year or two, sometimes it takes eight to ten. We seem to be on the latter.

Adunk33

Staff member
isuquinndog said:
Will be interesting to see if UCF can stay at this level. Dawkins is a senior, I think. That will be a huge loss.
Aubrey Dawkins is a jr.

They lose Tacko, BJ Taylor, Chad Brown, and Davon Griffin.

That's 36 points per game (of their 72), 17 rebounds (of their 36), and 5.2 assists (of their 13). So in all, they lose about half of their overall production from this season. Don't forget, they'll be coming to Redbird next season. I won't bring up what we lose in production :lol:

Hamdonger

isuquinndog said:
Will be interesting to see if UCF can stay at this level. Dawkins is a senior, I think. That will be a huge loss.

I do believe they will. Their whole athletic program is set up for success and they've got the two big draws rolling. (although self-proclaiming the football program "national champions" after their undefeated run was total cheeseballs.)
Word is that Johnny Dawkins absolutely loves it there.

Top Bottom