TV schedule announced (partially)

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
10 games on the Valley TV (ESPN3/+, ESPNU) and three games, as of now, on ESPN2

https://goredbirds.com/news/2018/10/2/illinois-state-mens-basketball-to-have-10-games-broadcast-on-espn-live-event-package.aspx

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Link to full Valley ESPN schedule: https://goredbirds.com/documents/2018/10/2//2018_19_MVC_TV_Network_Schedule_Release_ESPN_Networks.pdf

Adunk33

Staff member
Interesting that only 10 games total will be the ESPN networks (ESPN3/+, ESPN2, or ESPNU). That must mean other networks are getting involved. Most likely FSMW/NBC Chicago for the MVC game of the week and CBS Sports Net. Birds usually play on CBS Sports once or twice a year and 3 or 4 on FSMW/NBC Chicago. Three games on ESPN2 is big for us! Especially since it is both games against Loyola. That shows that Loyola's brand has people interested and ESPN realizes ISU is the team that could dethrone them.

We have 20 games so far that are not accounted for. I'm sure there will be ways to watch all of the game....there better be, anyway. :cool:

PurpleRedbird

My guess is that locally produced names will still be online.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ChiRedbirdfan

Adunk33 said:
Interesting that only 10 games total will be the ESPN networks (ESPN3/+, ESPN2, or ESPNU). That must mean other networks are getting involved. Most likely FSMW/NBC Chicago for the MVC game of the week and CBS Sports Net. Birds usually play on CBS Sports once or twice a year and 3 or 4 on FSMW/NBC Chicago. Three games on ESPN2 is big for us! Especially since it is both games against Loyola. That shows that Loyola's brand has people interested and ESPN realizes ISU is the team that could dethrone them.

We have 20 games so far that are not accounted for. I'm sure there will be ways to watch all of the game....there better be, anyway. :cool:

I hear that Loyola games drawing increased interest from Chicagoland stations...not certain how everything local ties into the MVC programming commitments as well as how it impacts other teams.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Let's guess the Redbird Arena Loyola attendance. Should be 10,000. I'd be surprised with 9,000. My guess is a pathetic 8,500 versus a Final Four team.

Adunk33

Staff member
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Let's guess the Redbird Arena Loyola attendance. Should be 10,000. I'd be surprised with 9,000. My guess is a pathetic 8,500 versus a Final Four team.

RedBirdBallisLife

Wow I'm bummed. I wanted alot more games on ESPN. I'm in California and I dont get the Chicago channels out here.

Adunk33

Staff member
CBS Sports Games:
Southern Illinois at Illinois State (Jan. 15)

ESPN and CBS Sports Network will utilize a Wildcard Selection process to determine Sunday, Jan. 27 game clearances for Indiana State at Illinois State or Southern Illinois at Loyola -- 1 p.m. Central on CBSSN or 3 p.m. Central on ESPNU.

ESPN and CBSSN will also use the Wildcard process to determine Sunday, Feb. 24 contest clearances for Drake at Illinois State or Loyola at Southern Illinois -- 1 p.m. Central on CBSSN or 3 p.m. Central on ESPNU.

The CBSSN lineup concludes on Saturday, March 2, when ESPN and CBS Sports Network will utilize the Wildcard process to choose from five games -- Illinois State at Southern Illinois, Bradley at Loyola, Evansville at Valparaiso, Drake at Missouri State or Northern Iowa at Indiana State. 

http://mvc-sports.com/news/2018/9/27/mens-basketball-mvc-announces-basketball-schedule-on-cbs-sports-network.aspx

Adunk33

Staff member
I assume the rest of the tv schedule will come out soon. Fox isn't usually far behind ESPN/CBS.

Adunk33

Staff member
bawhale88 said:
what is the valley on espn? are those espn3 or espn+ games?

Yes.

The Valley on ESPN is the name of the partnership between the MVC and ESPN. So any time you watch the MVC on any of the ESPN Networks (ESPN2, ESPN3, +, U, News) it is The Valley on ESPN. If you care curious about a list where our games will be, look at the MBB schedule on goredbirds.com. They have started to fill in TV for the games.

Flagship08

Any word on the Cayman Island Classic games? I'm assuming those will all be broadcasted but don't see anything listed.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
bawhale88 said:
what is the valley on espn? are those espn3 or espn+ games?
We don't know exactly where every game will be yet. Some will be ESPN3. I assume a majority will be ESPN+

Adunk33

Staff member
Flagship08 said:
Any word on the Cayman Island Classic games? I'm assuming those will all be broadcasted but don't see anything listed.

Football fans will remember this... Its on Stadium via Facebook Watch.

https://www.sporttechie.com/stadium-will-broadcast-cayman-islands-classic-exclusively-on-facebook-watch/

Adunk33

Staff member
We have a bunch of home nationally broadcast games. Belmont, UCF, and a handful of other MVC games do not have television yet. Probably the free OVC Network online.

https://goredbirds.com/news/2018/10/4/illinois-state-mens-basketball-to-have-eight-more-games-on-television-in-2018-19.aspx
The rest:
FOX Sports Midwest/NBC Sports Chicago, along with Fox Sports Midwest's sister regional outlets, FOX Sports Indiana and FOX Sports Kansas City, will broadcast ISU's Jan. 5 home game against Evansville, its Jan. 23 game at Bradley, and the home finale against Missouri State on Feb. 27.

NBC Sports Chicago will also broadcast four additional Illinois State home games: the regular-season opener on Nov. 6 against Florida Gulf Coast, the Nov. 13 Tuesday night game against Chicago State, the Saturday, Dec. 8 game against Ole Miss, and the Tue., Jan. 8 game against UNI.

Adunk33

Staff member
Full TV Schedule:
Two exhibition games will not be televised. Still don't have TV for the @UCF game. I imagine if both teams live up to the hype, someone will scoop up this game.

The "/" indicates "or" not "both."

Tuesday, Nov. 6, - 6 p.m. vs FGCU - NBC Sports Chicago
Sat, Nov. 10, 7 p.m. @ Belmont - ESPN3 (H/T https://www.belmontbruins.com/sports/m-baskbl/2018-19/schedule)
Tues, Nov. 6, 7 p.m. vs Chicago State - NBC Sports Chicago
Mon, Nov. 19, 12:30 p.m. vs Georgia (Cayman Islands) - Stadium Network via Facebook Watch (https://www.sporttechie.com/stadium-will-broadcast-cayman-islands-classic-exclusively-on-facebook-watch/) - ALL CAYMAN ISLAND GAMES.
Sat, Nov. 24, 2 p.m. - vs Lindenwood - ESPN3/ESPN+
Wed, Nov. 28, 7 p.m. - vs BYU - ESPN3/ESPN+
Sat, Dec. 1, 2 p.m. - vs San Diego State - ESPN3/ESPN+
Wed, Dec. 5, 6 p.m. - @ UIC - NBC Sports Chicago
Sat, Dec. 8, 7 p.m. - vs Ole Miss - NBC Sports Chicago
Sun, Dec. 16, 1 p.m. vs Cleveland State - ESPN3/ESPN+
Fri, Dec. 21, 6 p.m. @UCF - UNKNOWN
Wed, Jan. 2, 7 p.m. @ Valpo - ESPN3/ESPN+
Sat, Jan. 5, 3 p.m. vs Evansville - MVC TV Network (Fox Sports Midwest)
Tue, Jan. 8, 7 p.m. vs UNI - NBC Sports Chicago
Sat, Jan. 12, 1 p.m. @ Loyola - ESPN2
Tue, Jan. 15, 6 p.m. vs SIU - CBS Sports
Sat, Jan. 19, 1 p.m. @ Evansville - ESPN3/ESPN+
Wed, Jan. 23, 6 p.m. @ Bradley - MVC TV Network (Fox Sports Midwest)
Sun, Jan. 27, 3 p.m. vs Indiana St - ESPNU or CBS Sports Network
Wed, Jan. 30, 7 p.m. @ Drake - ESPN3/ESPN+
Sat, Feb. 2, 9 p.m. vs Loyola - ESPN2
Tue, Feb. 5, 7 p.m. vs Valpo - ESPN3/ESPN+
Sun, Feb. 10, 3 p.m. @ Mo State- ESPN3/ESPNU
Wed, Feb. 13, 7 p.m. @UNI - ESPN3/ESPN+
Sat, Feb. 16, 7 p.m. vs Bradley - ESPN2
Wed, Feb. 20, 6 p.m. @Indiana State - ESPNU/ESPN3
Sun, Feb. 24, 1 or 3 p.m.. - ESPNU/CBS Sports
Wed, Feb. 27, 6 p.m. - MVC Network (Fox Sports Midwest)
Sat, Mar. 2, TBA - Southern IL - ESPN2/CBS Sports Network.

MVC Tournament Quarterfinals - MVC Network (Fox Sports Midwest)
MVC Tournament Semi-Finals - CBS Sports Network
MVC Championship - CBS.

chuckie1980

So with the Cayman games being on Stadium....I have the feeling...I am going to love the coverage via Stadium. Then slowly become grudgingly annoyed with ESPN crap coverage.

Metamoron

Last year where the nbc sports Chicago games on espn3 also? I think I saw them here in fla somehow, but don’t remember how.... :think:

Top Bottom