The state of Illinois State

ILLST25

Watching the first round games and the first couple games on Saturday, it is very apparent we are a long way from competing at this level. Hoping Coach Pedon can get us there. We definitely need to get stronger to handle the physical play.

When I watched Loyola vs Ohio State, physicality is the main thing that stood out. Ohio State has a lot of big thick bodies that Loyola could not do anything against.

Chatman helped us a lot in that department this season but that was it. Once he went down, any physical presence we had was gone.

You don’t always need the tallest players at this level. A big/thick and physical 6’7 player can go a long ways vs a 6’10 200 pound guy.

bombay

Without Bacot's 16 boards and 3 blocks Carolina wouldn't have held off baylor. His 9 missed free throws hurt, though. He's a real specimen.

SgtHulka

When I watched Loyola vs Ohio State, physicality is the main thing that stood out. Ohio State has a lot of big thick bodies that Loyola could not do anything against.

Chatman helped us a lot in that department this season but that was it. Once he went down, any physical presence we had was gone.

You don’t always need the tallest players at this level. A big/thick and physical 6’7 player can go a long ways vs a 6’10 200 pound guy.
Hope Chatman comes back. I hope coach has a line on a couple of thick bigs either way.

RedbirdSoxFan

LeRoy

Yogi

What stood out to me was that Loyola had 4 seniors that came back for the extra year makes a huge difference

Top Bottom