Subdivision

Redbird82

I don’t know how to link an article to the message board. But there is an article in the Athletic saying there is a proposal to create a subdivision in the NCAA where teams agree to pay half their athletes $30,000 a year or more. This subdivision could make their own rules separate from other NCAA institutions.. just curious on everyone’s thoughts?

Hamdonger

I don’t know how to link an article to the message board. But there is an article in the Athletic saying there is a proposal to create a subdivision in the NCAA where teams agree to pay half their athletes $30,000 a year or more. This subdivision could make their own rules separate from other NCAA institutions.. just curious on everyone’s thoughts?
Been waiting for this to happen. It's inevitable in my mind.

TBS_20

This is no different than the p5 breaking off. I imagine that would include more realignment into a p3 + big east...then 1 or 2 conferences of lower teams that have big endowments

RedbirdSoxFan

It is posted on the Football page.

Bird Friend

Been saying this was coming for years.

CaliRdBrd

Might as well just shit-can college sports altogether at this point.
Just create a minor league system and all schools can then get back to focusing on something like…I don’t know, maybe education?

Top Bottom