@ Southern Illinois

Morans14

RedbirdSoxFan said:
Lady Redbirds Win 68-66
These ladies keep rolling. I would encourage everyone to check them out at Redbird Arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bb fan

Planning to be in Peoria this Friday evening, Morans. This team is looking very good.

C'mon over. Bring your hubby and a bunch of folks.

Cindy00

The Redbirds are on a roll. SIU had no one that could stop Goods. The team is looking to stay out of Thursday night and maybe even a top 3 finish. I don't think most of us would have seen this coming a few years ago. Coach Gillespie is doing great things with this program.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JHBird

Southern was tough at home too. What an impressive weekend. I never thought they would win both of those games.

Morans14

bb fan said:
Planning to be in Peoria this Friday evening, Morans. This team is looking very good.

C'mon over. Bring your hubby and a bunch of folks.
Would love to but we have a volunteer event we've committed to. I will be there in spirit.

Morans14

Simone Goods was named MVC player of the week and TeTe Maggett was named Newcomer of the week. Well deserved honor for both.

Reggie Redbird

With how the MVC does 1st team honors on the WBB side, both have a shot. Goods is #3 in scoring (17.6) and #5 in rebounds (7.5). Toss in #3 in shooting pct. (.543), #15 in FT pct. (.739), and #6 in blocks (1.2), and she has a lot going for her.

Hittner and Rhine from Drake will battle out for Player of the Year, but I have a feeling Maggett is top contender for Newcomer of the Year.

Other 1st team candidates right now are: Chelsea Brackmann and Gabi Haack from Bradley, Danielle Gitzen and Alexa Willard from MoSt, Karli Rucker from UNI, Nicole Martin from SIU, Abby O'Connor from Loyola, Ashley O'Neal from Indiana State, and Kerri Gasper from UE. First one I'd take off the list would be Gasper, and that's just from how poorly UE's season has gone. Might have to give her the durability award because she's leading the Valley in MPG as a PF/C.

Morans14

Reggie Redbird said:
With how the MVC does 1st team honors on the WBB side, both have a shot. Goods is #3 in scoring (17.6) and #5 in rebounds (7.5). Toss in #3 in shooting pct. (.543), #15 in FT pct. (.739), and #6 in blocks (1.2), and she has a lot going for her.

Hittner and Rhine from Drake will battle out for Player of the Year, but I have a feeling Maggett is top contender for Newcomer of the Year.

Other 1st team candidates right now are: Chelsea Brackmann and Gabi Haack from Bradley, Danielle Gitzen and Alexa Willard from MoSt, Karli Rucker from UNI, Nicole Martin from SIU, Abby O'Connor from Loyola, Ashley O'Neal from Indiana State, and Kerri Gasper from UE. First one I'd take off the list would be Gasper, and that's just from how poorly UE's season has gone. Might have to give her the durability award because she's leading the Valley in MPG as a PF/C.
Agree with you on Maggett as Newcomer of the year. Simone's body of work speaks for itself. It will be nice to see our players honored with all valley recognition.

PurpleRedbird

I haven't missed a streaming game in conference. My one fear of Coach K was how she would utilize the bench once we were healthy. I have no worries about that anymore.

This team is definitely trending up and is fun to watch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Morans14

isuquinndog said:
Where were the ladies picked? I assume if Mo St wins the MVC she will be COY but could Gillespie get it?
They were picked fifth

Top Bottom