SMU v. Bradley

WoodlandWarrior

SMU fans have good reason to be angry tonight. How does a marginal player like Bradley’s Koch Bar get 15 points and five offensive boards? Jankovich is going to have a tough year.

Flagship08

Very interesting, Jankovich snubbed Wardle on the post game handshake and had a few words/question for him. I don't know what it was about but Jank wasn't happy.

DannyCooksey

Flagship08 said:
Very interesting, Jankovich snubbed Wardle on the post game handshake and had a few words/question for him. I don't know what it was about but Jank wasn't happy.

My guess is because Wardle is a total dick.

TheTruth

Trey_Guidry4three said:
TheTruth said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:
Sure would be nice to have jank back... loved that guy
LOLOLOL, No thanks

Explain to me how the current head coach is better? How isu basketball is better off?
ISU basketball is better off, because it has a coach that is more interested in building the program than his resume. Jank scheduled like a pussy and never got Illinois State to the NCAA, Muller doesn’t schedule like a pussy and has never got Illinois State to the NCAA. Overall, yes HCDM is better for Illinois State than Jank was.

Tpguy

:text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1:

Trey_Guidry4three

TheTruth said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:
TheTruth said:
LOLOLOL, No thanks

Explain to me how the current head coach is better? How isu basketball is better off?
ISU basketball is better off, because it has a coach that is more interested in building the program than his resume. Jank scheduled like a pussy and never got Illinois State to the NCAA, Muller doesn’t schedule like a pussy and has never got Illinois State to the NCAA. Overall, yes HCDM is better for Illinois State than Jank was.

And as a result NIT is best case scenario for ISU...ok

DWRedbird

Trey_Guidry4three said:
TheTruth said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:

I've talked to Jank outside of a basketball setting on more than one occasion, and I think he is a great guy, but ISU was never more than a stepping stone for him. He scheduled poorly, and underutilized a lot of talent that we had. ISU was a stepping stone for him.

Bird Friend

Trey_Guidry4three said:
TheTruth said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:

All that fussing about doing better, getting out of mediocrity, and you want to go back to Jank, which by his performance also means the NIT is the best case scenario for ISU. You don't want better, you just want Muller gone. Thank you for the clarification.

stats

TheTruth said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:
TheTruth said:
LOLOLOL, No thanks

Do you think our next game against Lindenwood will outdraw our last home game against Chicago State?
If Jank used ISU to build his resume, it worked. He was voted AAC coach of the year in 2017 ahead of guys like Nick Cronin, Tubby Smith, Kelvin Sampson, Kevin Ollie, Johnny Dawkins, Frank Haith, Fran Dunphy and Mike Dunleavy. Ironically enough SMU was 17 and 1 in conference games and was only 13 and 4 in the nonconference games.

Chicagobirdfan

stats said:
TheTruth said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:

Do you think our next game against Lindenwood will outdraw our last home game against Chicago State?
If Jank used ISU to build his resume, it worked. He was voted AAC coach of the year in 2017 ahead of guys like Nick Cronin, Tubby Smith, Kelvin Sampson, Kevin Ollie, Johnny Dawkins, Frank Haith, Fran Dunphy and Mike Dunleavy. Ironically enough SMU was 17 and 1 in conference games and was only 13 and 4 in the nonconference games.
Yes with none of his own players. A hall of fame coach gift wrapped that team for him. Now look at them. 2-3 with home losses to lipscomb and southern miss with a neutral court loss to Bradley. One thing hasn’t changed, he would have scheduled all 3 of those teams at isu.

gobirds72

Chicagobirdfan said:
stats said:
TheTruth said:

Yes with none of his own players. A hall of fame coach gift wrapped that team for him. Now look at them. 2-3 with home losses to lipscomb and southern miss with a neutral court loss to Bradley. One thing hasn’t changed, he would have scheduled all 3 of those teams at isu.

I was thinking the same thing. He didn’t build that team. The only thing he did was take Moore with him...even though he says he had no intention of doing.

Trey_Guidry4three

Bird Friend said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:
TheTruth said:

All that fussing about doing better, getting out of mediocrity, and you want to go back to Jank, which by his performance also means the NIT is the best case scenario for ISU. You don't want better, you just want Muller gone. Thank you for the clarification.

Do you think Jankovich brought more talent to ISU than Muller has?

Redbird222

Trey_Guidry4three said:
Bird Friend said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:

Comparable in my mind. Both have had some good players mixed with some head scratchers.

Bird Friend

Trey_Guidry4three said:
Bird Friend said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:

Deflection. You've made your case for the NIT.

Top Bottom