SIU@Kentucky

Hamdonger

So the little weiner dogs are at Kentucky tomorrow night. Very intrigued with this game, and I half expect SIU to keep it reasonable (perhaps similar to our game there). Interested, though, because it'll give us a little peek into the strength of The Valley.

Redbirdwarrior

Kentucky is top 10, has 6 McD All Americans and just got f*cking humiliated by 30 against Zion and Duke.

They are opening their home slate with some of the loudest fans in the country. I was just at UK this morning for work. There are tents of people already in line at Rupp.

Whatever the spread is, double it. SIU is going to get murdered and Calipari is going to run it up as much as possible.

ChiRedbirdfan

Really hard to know what to expect from these Fab Frosh type teams like KY this early in the year. They could come out and play very well or come out and look like true frosh and struggle. Agree 100% KY team/coaches/nation will be up big time for this game given the post Duke beatdown and due to officially unveiling all of the new faces at Rupp. I expect SIU will get pounded too.

I like the contract of teams namely a senior laden team vs frosh and a unknown vs prime time program. Would be a great win for SIU and they have a chance if they can avoid getting down double digits in first half.

Phantom

We showed very well a couple years ago when we played @UK, but I'm not sure I see SIU pulling the same. I think they either get trounced for 40 mins, or, if UK is still reeling a bit or over-hyped at the start, SIU could keep it close for a half. Hope they play well, but I think in the end UK wins by 15+

DoubleDeuce

Looks like I'll have to queue up a Disney movie on the kid's tablet tonight. Don't need any distractions for this game.

RedbirdSoxFan

I remember how our team and fan base were so excited about the opportunity to go play @ Kentucky. The Salukis now are experiencing that. I wish them luck. Kentucky-81
Southern Illinois-74

Adunk33

Staff member
When we played down there I think we lost by 12. Kentucky shot almost 50 free throws to our 10. That's the game right there.

I assume the same for tonight. I give the dogs a chance but a top 5 team isn't going to lose at home to a MM. See us @UK or us @Louisville.

Phantom

Didn't we have a lead at halftime @UK? Or was that against Maryland?

RedbirdSoxFan

Adunk33 said:
When we played down there I think we lost by 12. Kentucky shot almost 50 free throws to our 10. That's the game right there.

I assume the same for tonight. I give the dogs a chance but a top 5 team isn't going to lose at home to a MM. See us @UK or us @Louisville.
Had the lead against Louisville, but a BS offensive fall on a dunk by Jackie, and a BS flagrant call on Ekey gave the win to the other Birds.

Redbird Alum 2004

Adunk33 said:

What about Loyola at 5 Florida last year?

KingO

Early in the game but SIU looking good so far. Up 7-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingO

RedbirdSoxFan said:
Southern Illinois has not scored in 7 minutes

Thankfully still leading. Kentucky can’t get the ball without a turnover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manchester Matt

Can’t lose Fletcher with basically 10 minutes left.

SIU isn’t very deep. They have a fantastic starting five though.

Top Bottom