Road Game Travel Info

SgtHulka

From an email to STOs from Paul Kabbes.

*functional links not warranted*

Illinois State Men’s Basketball Road Trip Information
MBB at St. Louis: 11/11
• Tickets: We are waiting to hear back from the SLU ticket office on exact location
• Hotel: Night of November 11th at $139
o Live! By Loews
• Fan Bus: $150 includes ticket, ride, and meal
o Sign Up Here
• Pregame Rally: Fieldhouse Pub
o RSVP Here
o 5:30 PM start hosted by ISU Alumni Association
o 510 N. Theresa Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63103

MBB Gulf Coast Showcase, Estero, Florida: 11/20-11/22
• Tickets: Sections and session times will vary each day depending on a win or loss
o Game 1: Buy in section 120 or overflow 112
Buy 11am Session
o All Session Tickets
o We’ve had some fans already purchase tickets in Section 101 as well.
• Hotel for Illinois State fans
o Hyatt Place Coconut Point
• Pregame Rally: Duffy’s Sports Bar & Grill
o 21253 Stoneybrook Golf Blvd
o 2 hours before game start à 11:30 pregame rally on November 20th

MBB at Kentucky: 12/29
• Tickets: We are waiting to hear back from the Kentucky ticket office on exact location
• Hotel: Nights of December 28th and 29th = $129
o Hyatt Regency

DougSutton

Selfishly, I would love it if one of these days, ISU played in a tournament on the west coast. Vegas has multiple tournaments every year and I can't remember any time we've played in a tournament out here. I can think of tournaments we've played in the Southeast including Florida, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Cancun, but none in the west. Vegas would be ideal for midwest based ISU fans because of the ease and price for flights and hotels.

Metamoron

Selfishly, I would love it if one of these days, ISU played in a tournament on the west coast. Vegas has multiple tournaments every year and I can't remember any time we've played in a tournament out here. I can think of tournaments we've played in the Southeast including Florida, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Cancun, but none in the west. Vegas would be ideal for midwest based ISU fans because of the ease and price for flights and hotels.
I remember we did San Fran a few years back. And Hawaii too. If you count Cancun as SE we need to count Hawaii as west coast 😀😀😀

DougSutton

I remember we did San Fran a few years back. And Hawaii too. If you count Cancun as SE we need to count Hawaii as west coast 😀😀😀
My memory isn't great but did we play individual games in San Fran and Hawaii or tournaments? I don't remember either. But fair enough on if Cancun is SE Hawaii is west coast :ROFLMAO:

Phantom

My memory isn't great but did we play individual games in San Fran and Hawaii or tournaments? I don't remember either. But fair enough on if Cancun is SE Hawaii is west coast :ROFLMAO:
We played SF in a tourney in Hawaii in '17 that we lost, which didn't help our at-large chances that year. Always wondered if we won that game (or against Tulsa, also in that tourney) that we might've snuck in.

Metamoron

Thanksgiving 2013. 4 team round robin in SF. Lost to Vermont, beat Sonoma St and SF. I remembered we were there, didn’t remember details until I looked it up.

RedbirdSoxFan

Did South Padre (I know that’s not West Coast) in 2012. Lost to Northwestern in Championship game 72-69 (OT). Tyler Brown dropped 36 on the Cats. Redbirds next game was at (#5 Nationally Ranked) Louisville, where they lost (with the help of the refs) 69-66. Tyler Brown went for 25 points against the Cardinals.

Last edited:

DoubleDeuce

Did South Padre (I know that’s not West Coast) in 2012. Lost to Northwestern in Championship game 72-69 (OT). Tyler Brown dropped 36 on the Cats. Redbirds next game was at (#5 Nationally Ranked) Louisville, where they lost (with the help of the refs) 69-66. Tyler Brown went for 25 points against the Cardinals.
Followed by the collapse against Wyoming at home. That was painful.

SgtHulka

I’m on a bivouac out west this winter. Yes, a west coast game or tournament would be awesome. UA, A State, GCU, Southern California, LV, the New Mexicos…

tpskult

Is there a way to buy tickets for the SLU game in the ISU section without buying the whole bus package?

Metamoron

Florida update.

I live just down the road from Hertz arena. Went in today to inquire about tix for tourney.

At the window, GA is $14 mainly in end zones and reserved seats from rows 9 or so up are $19.

As I asked about them, the guy in the ticket said “You’re gonna be able to sit almost anywhere you want. Nobody is buying tickets”.

I ended up buying seats in row 9, section 101 seats 1-4. Mid court, end seats for $19 each. Figured easier than trying to convince the wives to seat hop!!! Will go from there on Tues and Wed tix.

Also, Duffy’s for pregame party is a decent sports bar, but in the past SERVICE HAS BEEN AWFUL. Havent been there this winter yet. They do have 2 for 1 drinks on menu all day long My advice, if you are drinking get both drinks at same time. Duffy’s is walkable, but not easily though to Hertz arena.

Parking for special events can be stupid expensive at Hertz for concerts, etc. not sure about basketball. However there is a very good outlet mall next door where you can park and walk much easier. Park as close to I75 (west) as possible and walk on west end of parking lot around lake to Hertz arena.

Hope to see a lot of you.

Top Bottom