Reeves

ILLST25

https://twitter.com/Redbird_MBB/status/1235234044306223104?s=20

Reeves named to the MVC all-bench team. The future is so bright for this kid that I need some stronger shades.

cpacmel

He's only going to get better! Needs a bit more strength. Love his demeanor.

SgtHulka

cpacmel said:
He's only going to get better! Needs a bit more strength. Love his demeanor.

:text-+1:

He's is very even keeled. Great kid, great player!

ILLST25

Based on Twitter and team chemistry, I think these guys (along with the incoming freshmen) plan on sticking around and building this program together. Muller gave them the opportunity that many didn’t and is building strong relationships with them. I’m ready to get this thing rolling in the next season or two. Freshmen rebuilds to don’t make a team over night (unless you’re duke or Kentucky) - it takes time. Many saw PLEE and TWills as major pillar players on the 16-17 team. Reeves and Horne are blowing their early year production out of the water.

CB2K

Congrats to Tone! Another strong building block for the future!

Birdswin

Crazzymark - you are out of your league on this one. You sound a lot like an old friend of mine who now lives in Florida - I know you are not him. But, both of you are out of touch with what is going on in Illinois and at ISU. That may very well be how it is viewed in Florida, but not here.

Hamdonger

I like Reeves and Horne, and they've had some impressive games. I am particularly high on Reeves' ability to create good things for himself and teammates when he's on the floor. The energy of the game changes when he's in. But neither one of them are near good enough at this point to warrant any serious consideration from a PeePee (barring a monster MVC tourney for both...unlikely). If they go anywhere it will be a lateral move. Tobacco Road ain't calling unless it's High Point.

RedbirdSoxFan

Humdinger said:
I like Reeves and Horne, and they've had some impressive games. I am particularly high on Reeves' ability to create good things for himself and teammates when he's on the floor. The energy of the game changes when he's in. But neither one of them are near good enough at this point to warrant any serious consideration from a PeePee (barring a monster MVC tourney for both...unlikely). If they go anywhere it will be a lateral move. Tobacco Road ain't calling unless it's High Point.
I remember some on here saying we needed another point guard after PLee’s sophomore year.

Chicagobirdfan

Good for Reeves! Once he puts on some strength he’s going to be an even bigger force offensively and should help him defensively. He can already shoot and get by his man with regularity. Excited to see his growth over the next few years.

ILLST25

Most importantly, I’m confident in continuity with our coaching staff and roster. It seems like every year we lack continuity with coaches and players which screws up recruiting and the plans for the roster. You’ve got to love seeing the work Belcher is putting in on recruiting, especially securing guys in the early recruiting period. These guys normally show a higher level of commitment compared to spring recruits. We see it time and time again how bigger schools can poach these type of guys in the spring period. I think Reeves and Horne know what they can accomplish here and are ready to take on becoming the face of the program going forward. The guys coming in also recognize the young talent we’ve got on this roster that they can build upon. Ndiaye’s potential doesn’t get talked about enough on here as well. If he can add weight, worst-case scenario is he’s only an anchor of our post defense moving forward.

crazzymark

Birdswin said:
Crazzymark - you are out of your league on this one. You sound a lot like an old friend of mine who now lives in Florida - I know you are not him. But, both of you are out of touch with what is going on in Illinois and at ISU. That may very well be how it is viewed in Florida, but not here.

Well I may not live in Illinois any longer but I do know the following:
1) Illinois is losing population due to becoming as bad as NJ, NY, MAS, in taxes and job loss when the rest of the country in exploding in growth....so fewer people, less cash at hand = household cutbacks, and less money for season tickets and other that ISU, universities are cutting left and right due to no students.
2) 4 of the 5 P5 college conferences are represented in the state of Florida, as well as the CUSA, ACC,Sunbelt, Pioneer Leagues have teams competing year around . So sports chat and rumors are at different level, a higher level.
3) I have read about interest in Reeves and Horne in the ACC ,SEC and AAC over the season as transfers. As well as the kid from valpo and the big kid from Drake.
4) The NCAA is going to change the transfer and play rule like FB is doing in the spring meetings right after the NCAA Championship game.
5) No ongoing student following for games, no local fan support .
6) Side note : One upside is the the ISU FB program is very respected and is most MVFC teams on a national level and most hink that the top 6 teams could play in the MAC,AAC,CUSA and Sunbelt now and be very competitive.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Just because a P5 team is interested in Horne or Reeves, doesn't mean they are going to leave. I'm sure they do have interest. Good for them. There are a billion reasons why they may or may not transfer. And internet message boards and whispers among fans isn't any of them.

HT59

ILLST25 said:
Most importantly, I’m confident in continuity with our coaching staff and roster. It seems like every year we lack continuity with coaches and players which screws up recruiting and the plans for the roster. You’ve got to love seeing the work Belcher is putting in on recruiting, especially securing guys in the early recruiting period. These guys normally show a higher level of commitment compared to spring recruits. We see it time and time again how bigger schools can poach these type of guys in the spring period. I think Reeves and Horne know what they can accomplish here and are ready to take on becoming the face of the program going forward. The guys coming in also recognize the young talent we’ve got on this roster that they can build upon. Ndiaye’s potential doesn’t get talked about enough on here as well. If he can add weight, worst-case scenario is he’s only an anchor of our post defense moving forward.

:text-+1:

Top Bottom