"Redbirds Rising" Goal: $25 Million Indoor Facility

HailISNU

I searched all over the forum for a post on this but didn't see anything - let me know if I missed it somewhere!

As part of the Redbirds Rising campaign, the Weisbecker site has a video and some images of what Athletics is hoping to accomplish. Included are an expansion to Redbird Arena, a new softball stadium, and new locker rooms in Horton, but the most interesting to me are a couple renders of an indoor facility.

I know there has long been talk of an indoor facility, but I hadn't seen these images or details before. I don't know if they're new for this campaign or were taken from previous proposals, but anyway it's a nice little site detailing what Athletics hopes to accomplish.

fourthandshort

i watched the Lyons video the other day .. so does this mean, we are well on our way to getting a multipurpose indoor field ??

If so ... big time kudos to ISU and Sports Admin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fourthandshort

just listened again .. Lyons did say the highest priority is the indoor facility, but no mention of target date to break ground ... so this looks like it is really going to happen and funding is well on its way.

Huge next step ! Huge ! Huge ! Nicely done !

crazzymark

Redbird arena expansion??? Mean seating reduction.....?? But indoor facility is BIG!! Didt the softball stadium just get upgrades just 5 yrs ago??

Somebody posted the images on here before I think. I only remember because the "renderings" are literally just pictures of Youngstown State's indoor facility with Reggie replacing the "Y"s.

http://www.ysusports.com/information/facilities/watts

Not to discredit the efforts that are being made toward getting a new indoor facility. I'm sure if money is being raised, some actual renderings will come out in the near future. Or maybe Lyons just REALLY likes YSU's facility and wants to copy the look....

HailISNU

crazzymark said:
Redbird arena expansion??? Mean seating reduction.....?? But indoor facility is BIG!! Didt the softball stadium just get upgrades just 5 yrs ago??

Not sure about the softball stadium. But the RA improvements are just add-ons to the current building: a new ticket office and team store outside, and a hall of fame inside.

HailISNU

BallwinBird2012 said:
Somebody posted the images on here before I think. I only remember because the "renderings" are literally just pictures of Youngstown State's indoor facility with Reggie replacing the "Y"s.

Hah! Thanks for the clarification. I did do a Google Image search for "indoor practice facility" and every result looks exactly like YSU's, didn't realize ours was actually YSU's :lol:

fourthandshort

and for pete's sake ... we are long overdue for a new turf in Hancock. Our field coloring looks horrendous. Way overdue !!

MPE773

fourthandshort said:
and for pete's sake ... we are long overdue for a new turf in Hancock. Our field coloring looks horrendous. Way overdue !!

New turf is coming after Spring practice 2018.

fourthandshort

MPE773 said:
fourthandshort said:

New turf is coming after Spring practice 2018.

thanks for info .. great to hear.

rdt99

I noticed the bad turf on ESPN3 yesterday. I'm glad it will be replaced. I'm just dumbfounded at all of the empty seats. Why buy tickets and not show up. I'm grateful for the revenue, but people need to show up!

saxman210

rdt99 said:
I noticed the bad turf on ESPN3 yesterday. I'm glad it will be replaced. I'm just dumbfounded at all of the empty seats. Why buy tickets and not show up. I'm grateful for the revenue, but people need to show up!

Just judging from the view on espn3, it seemed like it was a standard Redbird Football game. Tailgate, get into the game late, leave the game around halftime to tailgate or drink some more.

It would be nice to have a fan base as engaged to the game as NDSU, but I don’t know how you create that. MAYBE if Indiana State had made it a game a little earlier it would have kept some people around but who knows.

ekeyfanclub

I was sitting on the East side, so I couldn't see how many seats were open, but the West side was completely full and students were coming over to our side to find seats. Also there were quite of few people sitting in the grass on both sides of the field.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

HailISNU

ekeyfanclub said:
I was sitting on the East side, so I couldn't see how many seats were open, but the West side was completely full and students were coming over to our side to find seats. Also there were quite of few people sitting in the grass on both sides of the field.

All the more reason to flip the bird when they get the new turf and film from the East side!

ThisIsTheLineup

Could someone show me what the east side looked like? I was sitting on the east side and it looked full from where I was sitting (107). The west side looked 100% full. I was telling my friends that if they can fill THAT side of the stands and then some, then they sold all the tickets on the east side. If that is the case for the Indiana State game, then I have little doubt that they could fill 15K, if not 20K, for Homecoming, Family Weekend and the NDSU game. #BuildTheHorseshoe

Birdfan 4Life

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Give me a reason to donate. FCS football and softball is not going to do it.
You either like Redbird Football or you don’t.
You either like what Coach Spack has done or you don’t.
You either like the players we are putting in the NFL or you don’t.

So much good momentum and trajectory after 50 years of nothing before. If you don’t like it, spare the rest of us that financially support this program.

ChiRedbirdfan

Birdfan 4Life said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:

So much good momentum and trajectory after 50 years of nothing before. If you don’t like it, spare the rest of us that financially support this program.

Your world may be that simple but it is not that simple for everyone. One can like what Spack has done/doing, one can agree that ISU football has improved, one can also agree that ISU has done a good job of getting players to the NFL and one can support ISU football/Weisbecker annually yet at the same time want ISU to make a significant move on football before one considers materially donating towards ISU athletics. BTW good job to those that do support ISU athletics but annual donations seem to be trending down based upon some NCAA athletic department data on ISU athletics.

ChiRedbirdfan

saxman210 said:
rdt99 said:

Just judging from the view on espn3, it seemed like it was a standard Redbird Football game. Tailgate, get into the game late, leave the game around halftime to tailgate or drink some more.

It would be nice to have a fan base as engaged to the game as NDSU, but I don’t know how you create that. MAYBE if Indiana State had made it a game a little earlier it would have kept some people around but who knows.

half time fan departure is problem for all college teams.

MPE773

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Birdfan 4Life said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:

Your world may be that simple but it is not that simple for everyone. One can like what Spack has done/doing, one can agree that ISU football has improved, one can also agree that ISU has done a good job of getting players to the NFL and one can support ISU football/Weisbecker annually yet at the same time want ISU to make a significant move on football before one considers materially donating towards ISU athletics. BTW good job to those that do support ISU athletics but annual donations seem to be trending down based upon some NCAA athletic department data on ISU athletics.

If every programs fans only donated after they had "made it" none would have made it at all.

Top Bottom