Redbird Arena lighting

bb fan

As you know, especially if you have been to the games, Redbird Arena has been in the process of putting in new LED lighting. It looks terrific, and I am hearing great things about the Women's game last night where they tested the newer LEDs, red ones that fill up the ceiling. I am told it looked spectacular. The project uses about 15% of the power it took before, and will pay for themselves in 8 years. I am looking forward to seeing them.

ricohill

I hope they leave the lights off in the upper bowl when they finish. Looks a lot better in person and on TV. You don't see the entire upper bowl as empty on TV. Plus, I like that it puts the basketball court as the center of attention.

JHBird

bb fan said:
As you know, especially if you have been to the games, Redbird Arena has been in the process of putting in new LED lighting. It looks terrific, and I am hearing great things about the Women's game last night where they tested the newer LEDs, red ones that fill up the ceiling. I am told it looked spectacular. The project uses about 15% of the power it took before, and will pay for themselves in 8 years. I am looking forward to seeing them.

Damn! I should've went last night. That looks awesome!

saxman210

I posted months ago about putting red lights in the roof and making the arena red on game days. Use that as a marketing tool. I’m sure someone can come up with a slogan involving the roof being red and showing up.

Jsnhbe1Birds

isuquinndog said:
Get a naming right from Red Roof Inn and call it the Red Roof.

I dunno. The red roof Inn in this town is synonymous with heroin and prostitutes. Probably would become a joke even though it's supposed to represent the whole company.

ChiRedbirdfan

ricohill said:
I hope they leave the lights off in the upper bowl when they finish. Looks a lot better in person and on TV. You don't see the entire upper bowl as empty on TV. Plus, I like that it puts the basketball court as the center of attention.

:text-+1:

ThisIsTheLineup

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
isuquinndog said:

I dunno. The red roof Inn in this town is synonymous with heroin and prostitutes. Probably would become a joke even though it's supposed to represent the whole company.

Same in many towns. However, many places have extremely stellar Red Roof Inn properties. I would agree with you though (although that would be THE PERFECT combination).

TIMMY

ThisIsTheLineup said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
isuquinndog said:

Same in many towns. However, many places have extremely stellar Red Roof Inn properties. I would agree with you though (although that would be THE PERFECT combination).
IMO the biggest problem with hotel franchises is you never know what your gonna get without yelping them to death.
That redbird red roof is cool.

Reggie Redbird

I would guess a large portion of the expenses were paid for by a generous donor Sean Johnson worked with. If that's the case, hopefully we can roll the savings into other areas of our program.

The lights look great. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the lights flashing around the lower bowl, but the lighting itself looks awesome. The red roof is probably the best part.

SgtHulka

might be kinda cool to leave the roof lit up red during the game. I like the Atlantis Tournament. The stands have a blue back lighting that makes the court appear to be underwater.

SgtHulka

might be kinda cool to leave the roof lit up red during the game. I like the Atlantis Tournament. The stands have a blue back lighting that makes the court appear to be underwater.

KingO

SgtHulka said:

Agreed. I am hoping they leave the upper bowl dark, and leave the res lights on. The upper bowl being off really draws focus to the court and the the red lights just look cool. Wonder how it looks from the outside as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaliRdBrd

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
isuquinndog said:

You say that like it’s a bad thing?

Sincerely,

Charlie Sheen.

RedbirdSoxFan

CaliRdBrd said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
isuquinndog said:

Sincerely,

Charlie Sheen.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ThisIsTheLineup

CaliRdBrd said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
isuquinndog said:

Sincerely,

Charlie Sheen.

WOW. Uncalled for!

Charlie Sheen is a coke guy!

Top Bottom