Redbird Arena/Hancock Stadium bag policy

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
ISU just posted this.

https://www.facebook.com/ISURedbirds/posts/10156115817423248

Clear bags, seat cushions and small clutch purses are the ONLY bags allowed in now. All other bags are not allowed. Purses, backpacks, diaper bags, camera bags, cinch bags (unless clear) are all not allowed.

ISUBU

I appreciate the allowance for seat cushions. Some places no longer permit carrying those in.

Bird Friend

Whew. I can still slide that special flask I had made into my seat cushion.

ISU FAN 1

These measures will inconvenience the masses, and not do much to discourage the angry lone nut. This is about as effective as posting no firearms allowed stickers at the door.

Redbirdwarrior

I think this is pretty dumb. You can't bill your facilities as "Family Friendly" and then have things like family packs if you are going to effectively eliminate all of the families with kids under 4. If I were thinking about taking my daughter to an ISU football or Basketball game but was handed this "no diaper bag" policy along with a ticket that says "no re-entry", I'd be watching that game on TV instead.

I understand putting safety first, but, as ISUFAN1 pointed out (and I can't believe I'm agreeing with him on anything), this isn't going to stop a guy from bringing a fully loaded pistol and at least 5 clips in a seat cushion if not in a big winter coat.

I don't mind the policy in place here, but you have to include a re-entry option. If we have to leave all of our kid's stuff out in the car, at least let us go out there and come back in.

Until then, this is just security theater.

Birdswin

"Feel-Goodism" at work - makes no sense, inconveniences most people, and provides no additional safety - it is all about the intent - not the results.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Not happy about the diaper bag. We wanted to start out son early next season. Guess we'll squeeze a diaper in her clutch and a bottle into my coat :D

RedbirdSoxFan

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Not happy about the diaper bag. We wanted to start out son early next season. Guess we'll squeeze a diaper in her clutch and a bottle into my coat :D

You can put the diapers in a clear ziplock bag.

RedbirdSoxFan

Took the grandkids to six-flags last week. They checked my wife’s purse & bag. Most events do this now. By limiting the bags to clear only and small purses, it limits the time waiting in line while they go through all the purses & bags. Diapers & baby bottles can be put in gallon size freezer bags.

TIMMY

Oh for shame! This will clearly inconvenience the masses. :doh: God forbid they try to speed up the lines. A pox upon the house of the Bird. :roll:

tpskult

Seems like the clear tote would make a decent short term diaper bag.

This site will even send you a free sample.

https://m.4imprint.com/product/123181?productName=Clear-Zip-Top-Box-Tote

Bird Friend

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=clear+backpack&sprefix=clea%2Caps%2C233&crid=37DLY2MLH2S9C

MPE773

ISU FAN 1 said:
These measures will inconvenience the masses, and not do much to discourage the angry lone nut. This is about as effective as posting no firearms allowed stickers at the door.

I agree. This is stupid. Do you really think a gunman can’t get past the 80 year old lady working the gate?

Adunk33

Staff member
This is an opportunity for ISU to ease the transition with this policy update. Get several thousand clear plastic tote bags with ISU's logo on it, and send them out with season tickets. Whatever you have left, give them to people who come to the games/box office to get their tickets. Use it as a promotional give-a-way.

fourthandshort

I hope ISU is able to provide or sell clear plastic bags at the gate for people who don't get wind of this. It will really turn some people off the first time they show up not knowing or forgetting the new policy.

RedbirdSoxFan

Adunk33 said:
This is an opportunity for ISU to ease the transition with this policy update. Get several thousand clear plastic tote bags with ISU's logo on it, and send them out with season tickets. Whatever you have left, give them to people who come to the games/box office to get their tickets. Use it as a promotional give-a-way.

Great idea!!! Would also help out for first timer’s who do not know about this new rule.

fourthandshort

Adunk33 said:

I honestly missed your post when I did mine ... putting Redbird Logo on plastic bag is great idea ... probably want to improve the quality of plastic bag some. Some give aways to first 1000 fans each game, then sell the rerst out front of gate on game day .. might as well put them in book store too.

SgtHulka

Adunk33 said:

Can you put an ISU give away plain white towel in the clear bag? :D

TIMMY

SgtHulka said:
Adunk33 said:

That made me laugh!

cpacmel

SgtHulka said:
Adunk33 said:

Hulka never forgets :character-burgerking:

Top Bottom