Prentiss Nixon Visit

GOP_Redbird

http://m.espn.com/ncb/playercard?playerId=3919437&src=desktop

From Bolingbrook, IL
https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23054454/prentiss-nixon-leading-scorer-colorado-state-rams-transfer%3fplatform=amp

Would be a very nice addition.

WoodlandWarrior

We seems to be guard heavy unless we see turnover / transfer next season. I would prefer beef in the middle, even if just in a backup role.

vbird

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
out of all the mentions this winter/spring this is the last guy i want. cant shoot.

Good enough for IA St, SMU, and LU, then I’d be fine with him becoming a Redbird.

V Boy

WoodlandWarrior said:
We seems to be guard heavy unless we see turnover / transfer next season. I would prefer beef in the middle, even if just in a backup role.

Guards wins leagues and enable deep advances in NCAA.

Adunk33

Staff member
Jesus Shuttlesworth said:
What’s our connection here? One of the assistants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Nixon has ties to the Illinois Wolves AAU squad. Hence Illinois State and Loyola being in the mix. The Mullins brothers are recruiting against each other here.

birdlife

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/4/16/17216176/mid-major-transfer-tracker-updates-matt-mooney-zach-johnson-prentiss-nixon-joe-cremo-aaron-calixte

Prentiss Nixon (Colorado State): Nixon is a do-it-all guard who was the core of the Colorado State program. In the Mountain West, he was tenth in scoring and fourth in steals. Though it’s a bit concerning that his shooting accuracy has decreased from sophomore to junior year, he was forced to be a leader for a depleted Ram offense, which made him a more versatile scorer.

Interest: Iowa State, Loyola Chicago, Illinois State, SMU

Prediction: Loyola Chicago

HT59

V Boy said:
WoodlandWarrior said:

Guards wins leagues and enable deep advances in NCAA.

:text-+1:

JHBird

birdlife said:
https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/4/16/17216176/mid-major-transfer-tracker-updates-matt-mooney-zach-johnson-prentiss-nixon-joe-cremo-aaron-calixte

Prentiss Nixon (Colorado State): Nixon is a do-it-all guard who was the core of the Colorado State program. In the Mountain West, he was tenth in scoring and fourth in steals. Though it’s a bit concerning that his shooting accuracy has decreased from sophomore to junior year, he was forced to be a leader for a depleted Ram offense, which made him a more versatile scorer.

Hate to admit it, but I agree. With Richardson graduating he could fit right in...plus Loyola is trending on top of the world right now and they still have some key pieces there.

Manchester Matt

JHBird said:
birdlife said:

Hate to admit it, but I agree. With Richardson graduating he could fit right in...plus Loyola is trending on top of the world right now and they still have some key pieces there.

He isn’t a grad transfer and will have to sit a year.

JHBird

Santa Cason said:
JHBird said:
birdlife said:

That makes more sense for us then. Thanks.

Rollbirds5

JHBird said:
Santa Cason said:
JHBird said:

That makes more sense for us then. Thanks.

They would lose Custer and Townes after next year so he could start right away there potentially

Chicagobirdfan

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
out of all the mentions this winter/spring this is the last guy i want. cant shoot.
Averaged 16 points a game and a 1+ steals a game along with shooting over 80% from the line? This would be an awesome get to replace what we are losing after this next year.

V Boy

Chicagobirdfan said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Averaged 16 points a game and a 1+ steals a game along with shooting over 80% from the line? This would be an awesome get to replace what we are losing after this next year.

Nixon would essentially replace Keyshawn. With Malik, Fayne, Tinsley graduating, I'm guessing Muller would double-down with a 3-guard offense. You would have 3 of these five on the court at at times: Nixon, Copeland, Clarance, Jefferson and Williams. Don't think anyone in the Valley could match that. We would for sure be a run n gun offense that could put up 80-90 ppg. The bigs would basically be there to rebound, defend, block shots, start the break and should get tons of open looks close to the basket because of the strength of the guards.

How does that sound Mr. Nixon?

HT59

;)
V Boy said:
Chicagobirdfan said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:

Nixon would essentially replace Keyshawn. With Malik, Fayne, Tinsley graduating, I'm guessing Muller would double-down with a 3-guard offense. You would have 3 of these five on the court at at times: Nixon, Copeland, Clarance, Jefferson and Williams. Don't think anyone in the Valley could match that. We would for sure be a run n gun offense that could put up 80-90 ppg. The bigs would basically be there to rebound, defend, block shots, start the break and should get tons of open looks close to the basket because of the strength of the guards.

How does that sound Mr. Nixon?

Adunk33

Staff member
It's pretty darn cold up in Chicago right now for his visit to Loyola. The forecast for his visit here appears to be sunny-60's and 70's. Of course, knowing Illinois will likely produce another snow storm like on Easter.

The idea of having a sit 1, play 1 type guy is growing on me a little considering what we lose after next season. However, I still think a great transfer would be the Boyd kid from EKU who sits 1 and plays 3. I said in another thread we would get a D1 ready guard, proven scorer, and we would get him for (at least) two years instead of one, better potential ROI. That would also help balance our guards out a little bit because the season he becomes eligible Copeland, Jefferson, (Hein?) and Williams will all be graduating (and would graduate with Nixon). Boyd would help bridge the gap between that and the likely guard heavy 2019/2020 recruiting classes. Just a side note to see how we are recruiting; of our 14 open offers in the '19 and '20 classes, just two are listed as PF.

Adunk33

Staff member
RedbirdSoxFan said:
He has a thread under Basketball Recruiting

yeah....I know.
Adunk33 said:
It's pretty darn cold up in Chicago right now for his visit to Loyola. The forecast for his visit here appears to be sunny-60's and 70's. Of course, knowing Illinois will likely produce another snow storm like on Easter.

The idea of having a sit 1, play 1 type guy is growing on me a little considering what we lose after next season. However, I still think a great transfer would be the Boyd kid from EKU who sits 1 and plays 3. I said in another thread we would get a D1 ready guard, .....