Portal

Redbird82

According to the Vidette, of course not the Pantagraph McGinnis-Taylor and Wright -Gaskins entering the portal…

cubird

Their names have aready been removed from the roster. Lots of new players next year with seniors leaving.

Reggie Redbird

Wright-Gaskins is super athletic. Some highlight reel block and quickness that netted steals. However, she had little-to-no control and missed easy shots. She averaged a foul every 4.6 minutes, so she’s going to have to fix that. Some games it seemed like that was more like a foul per minute, especially if she was playing frustrated. If someone can help her harness that athleticism, she could be a special player. She was given every opportunity here, but her penchant for fouls and costly turnovers kept her on the bench. From reading her transfer quote, she seems to allude to not receiving the right opportunities. This next place will be her 4th school, perhaps finding the fit she is looking for.

McGinnis-Taylor could have earned a lot more minutes this year if DW ends her collegiate career, but I could see her ending up closer to home at a school like Omaha or somewhere D2. The injury bug hurt her this year because there were many games she could have netted 20+ minutes if she stayed out of foul trouble. She isn’t going to be a starting post here but more add 10-15 mpg. All the best to her in the future!

Last edited:

Reggie Redbird

I haven’t seen Boles around in a while, so this isn’t surprising. Hopefully she finds a fit for her, and we can utilize the scholarship on our post depth, especially if Bullman doesn’t return for 1 more year.

Bradley hit the hardest so far. They again lose their top scorer (Pouck - 14.9 ppg) plus 4 others.

mvcfan80

I haven’t seen Boles around in a while, so this isn’t surprising. Hopefully she finds a fit for her, and we can utilize the scholarship on our post depth, especially if Bullman doesn’t return for 1 more year.

Bradley hit the hardest so far. They again lose their top scorer (Pouck - 14.9 ppg) plus 4 others.
What is going on at Bradley? Will their coach get fired?

MadBird

Tessa Towers, a 6'5 sophomore center from Batavia, is leaving Wisconsin. She only played in 4 games at UW and seemed to be considered "on leave" most of this season. Have no idea what the deal is or if she'd be of help to Coach G and the team. Towers says she wants to play someplace where she'll have a bigger impact and develop her skills. Can't teach 6'5 of course. Good HS stats and 2nd team all-state.

mvcfan80

Tessa Towers, a 6'5 sophomore center from Batavia, is leaving Wisconsin. She only played in 4 games at UW and seemed to be considered "on leave" most of this season. Have no idea what the deal is or if she'd be of help to Coach G and the team. Towers says she wants to play someplace where she'll have a bigger impact and develop her skills. Can't teach 6'5 of course. Good HS stats and 2nd team all-state.
Don't know about her but Randle would be a good add IMO.

Reggie Redbird

What is going on at Bradley? Will their coach get fired?
A suspension for the entire non-con is pretty severe. I’m not sure if that is “without pay” or just missing the games. I would venture the latter. Just think of how that compares to penalties for some fairly egregious conduct. If it was egregious enough to terminate her contract, with cause, I venture they would have done so.

Most of these programs will give their coaches 4-5 years because they don’t want to pay multi-year buyouts. Evansville’s coach will have 1-2 more years and be out. Valpo has given theirs 6; I’m not sure anything but a big buyout gives her a 7th. Indiana State will generally make a move after 3-4 bad seasons. The common denominator is these schools do not invest in these programs, so any good coach gets out if they do well.

Look at why Pingeton was kept at Mizzou. It was a bad year again, and if they keep her, it will likely get worse as their best talent graduates or is in the portal. However, they avoided a payout over $500k and will only owe $250k if they pull the trigger now. It gets interesting there as the AD who gave the NCAA-or-out ultimatum left right before the season ended.

Last edited:

Reggie Redbird

Big void to fill with Wilson's minutes.
Even bigger is Bullman’s. Wilson is a scorer and an all-time great, but she spent a lot of time in foul trouble this year . Bullman’s defense, ball handling, and ability to guard anyone on the floor makes her extremely valuable. When she shot the 3, it often got us back into games.

Last edited:

Dmills

Even bigger is Bullman’s. Wilson is a scorer and an all-time great, but she spent a lot of time in foul trouble this year . Bullman’s defense, ball handling, and ability to guard anyone on the floor make her extreme
valuable. When she shot the 3, it often got us back into games.
Are you sure she is gone? Smith, Bullman, and Wong each have a COVID year left. Kelle and Wilson went through Senior Day last year and returned. I am assuming Smith will probably move on. She was high school class of 2018. If she returned, it would be her 7th year.

Redbird82

Are you sure she is gone? Smith, Bullman, and Wong each have a COVID year left. Kelle and Wilson went through Senior Day last year and returned. I am assuming Smith will probably move on. She was high school class of 2018. If she returned, it would be her 7th year.
Would love to have 1 or 2 back. Bullman was the glue of the team, did a bit of everything

Reggie Redbird

I would love to have her back. I’ve heard otherwise, but I would love for her to be back. The question would be what does she gain in being back versus moving on to the next stage in life.

Top Bottom