Phil Fayne injury update

Hamdonger

Trey_Guidry4three said:
Heard from a credible source he has high ankle sprain and could be out until mvc tourney

Not surprised.

Man. WHAT a year. All bets are off until StL. Even then, no guarantees we'll have a full roster. After all this shi...I mean, crap...14-11/8-5. Not a glossy record, but the floor could all already dropped by now. Not too bad all things considered.

bb fan

I think we just need to avoid Thursday. A couple more wins and we should be OK. I would not risk playing Evans or Fayne at all. It's Arch Madness that counts. I think we can win it.

STEPBACK_SWISH3

Does anybody really know the extent of Faynes injury? The more I think about it the more I realize just how much he contributed to this team. He is a major spoke in the wheel of this team. I just hope God hears my prayers for this star to return to help salvage this season

Trey_Guidry4three

Phil is such a good player and a really good dude. I got the chance to work with him on his internship and career endeavors outside basketball, what a class act. I just hope he can perform at his level once he is back l.

Baltimore Bird

Based on what I saw and personal experience I'd say 2 weeks. He should play some against Loyola and then be available for the tournament in my humble opinion

STEPBACK_SWISH3

Just wish this was dream and we all could wake up from this repeating nightmare year after year. Seriously this groundhog day.

cpacmel

bb fan said:
I think we just need to avoid Thursday. A couple more wins and we should be OK. I would not risk playing Evans or Fayne at all. It's Arch Madness that counts. I think we can win it.

2 games out of first with a game left with Loyola. I think there is a ton to play for.
Even finishing in the 2nd seed, gets a team that played on Thursday night.

RPI of 71, probably isn't that far off of an NIT at-large bid. While dancing is always priority #1, the NIT would be good experience for our young roster, IMO.

Also it's not that easy to just throw Evans and Fayne back out there in St. Louis. The speed of practice is no where near the speed of games. We have a good medical staff. Munn and Company will get them back when they are ready to come back.

Adunk33

Staff member
We may be down another one for Sunday. Stay tuned.

Hamdonger

STEPBACK_SWISH3 said:
Does anybody really know the extent of Faynes injury? The more I think about it the more I realize just how much he contributed to this team. He is a major spoke in the wheel of this team. I just hope God hears my prayers for this star to return to help salvage this season

To me, he's just as much (and in some regards even more) MVP of our team as MY is. And, of course, President Hein.

Hamdonger

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
Adunk33 said:

:doh:

What???? Somebody better grab a uniform because we're gonna need bodies. TP, Timmy...you guys have any eligibility left?? Cooksey??

DaveBird10

Adunk33 said:

MY or MW? this is just getting to be the walking wounded. I hope its not more legal trouble.

ISU FAN 1

Humdinger said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:
Heard from a credible source he has high ankle sprain and could be out until mvc tourney

Not surprised.

Man. WHAT a year. All bets are off until StL. Even then, no guarantees we'll have a full roster. After all this shi...I mean, crap...14-11/8-5. Not a glossy record, but the floor could all already dropped by now. Not too bad all things considered.
:text-+1:
This team has over achieved my expectations. Not the greatest depth of talent (would dominate in a 3 on 3 league), but play with grit thru adversity. I don’t follow other Valley teams like I have in the past, so maybe my perspective is somewhat out of proportion. MVC #8 conference RPI rating has to mean something. Be interesting to see how we finish potentially without Fayne and Evans.

ISU FAN 1

STEPBACK_SWISH3 said:

God is on Loyola’s side.

ISU FAN 1

Baltimore Bird said:
Based on what I saw and personal experience I'd say 2 weeks. He should play some against Loyola and then be available for the tournament in my humble opinion

Would like to see Evans and Fayne have the opportunity to knock the rust off pre Arch.

IHateWSU

ISU FAN 1 said:
Baltimore Bird said:

Would like to see Evans and Fayne have the opportunity to knock the rust off pre Arch.

My exact thought! This will also allow them to get their legs back a little. Assuming we play 3 days, conditioning might be an issue with those two.

Adunk33

Staff member
saxman210 said:
Adunk33 said:

Don't stoke fires without some proof or without identifying who it will be.

I saw one of the players with a very medically wrapped left arm. The elbow looked pretty swollen and a out of place, and the player was favoring it significantly. There could have been a number of things under the medical wrap to give it a swollen appearance: additional gauze, ice, etc. His status at the time was unclear.

Top Bottom