NIT

Dmills

We will get an invite. Hope we have a better showing than last year. Lost to Mizzou in first round.

Dmills

FYI only 48 teams this year in WNIT, another 32 team tournament is debuting this year, the WBIT. I think that results in a whopping 156 teams in postseason play (68+48+32+8). Seems a bit excessive.

Redbird82

They will get an invite to the NIT, looks like the WBIT will be more prestigious

TbooMarshall

FYI only 48 teams this year in WNIT, another 32 team tournament is debuting this year, the WBIT. I think that results in a whopping 156 teams in postseason play (68+48+32+8). Seems a bit excessive.
Where do the other 8 teams come from? I understand the 68+32+48

Total Red

Staff member
WBI
So there's a WBIT and a WBI. Nothing confusing about that
Confused Confusion GIF

ISUBird

Redbirds will be joined by Murray State, UIC, Northern Iowa. Missouri State and Belmont are headed to the WBIT.
Good year for the NIT. If only the bottom 3 teams in the conference played better OOC.

Reggie Redbird

Happy to be wrong on this.
With 156 postseason spots possible, essentially half of teams will be in, if they want. Unlike FBS bowl games where maybe 1 or a few 5-7 teams get in, we will now see essentially any team able to play in the postseason, especially if a P4 team. You could see a 13-17 P4 team just as easily as a mid-major team which is several games over .500.

Dmills

The Redbirds have a first round bye. They should be hosting the winner of Charleston vs USC Upstate on a date TBA March 23rd-26th. They can definitely do some damage in this tournament with it now being below the WBIT. The quality of teams are noticeably down IMO.

Clarification: teams with first round byes are not guaranteed to host in round 2

Top Bottom