NIT Hopes

Adunk33

Staff member
NIT selection show is on ESPNU at 7:30 CT.

The good news is that Georgia said they won't play (since they fired their coach). So one spot remains open.

Auto Bids:
Hampton, Wagner, SE Louisiana,Vermont, Middle Tennessee, Florida Gulf Coast, UNC-Ashville, Louisiana, Rider, Harvard, UC-Davis, and Northern Kentucky.

Others: Louisville, Notre Dame, Baylor, Oklahoma State. Cuse, Marquette, Penn State, Nebraska, Boise, Washington, Utah, Mississippi State, Oregon, and Temple

26 teams listed, that leaves 6 spots for our boys to try and get in. While making this list, I hadn't realized how many regular season champs didn't win their conference tournament. The NIT committee will want more big boys in to draw TV audiences. I would suggest we have less than a 10% chance of being in.

jbird

PubIIDreaming said:

I agree. Even though we beat them twice, I think the Salukis have the best and probably only NIT chance among Valley teams.....finished second in the league and booked 20 wins. Nobody cares about RPI.

Birdman

PubIIDreaming said:
Birdman said:
I think there is a decent shot we limp into the NIT.

I've got this bridge I'm looking to sell.......

The NIT doesn’t favor the P5 the same way the NCAA tournament does. We might be able to squeak in.

PubIIDreaming

Birdman said:
PubIIDreaming said:
Birdman said:
I think there is a decent shot we limp into the NIT.

I've got this bridge I'm looking to sell.......

The NIT doesn’t favor the P5 the same way the NCAA tournament does. We might be able to squeak in.

I would be happy as a pig in $hit to be proved wrong, but I see no way that this happens unless they add another 16 teams to the tournament, which of course isn't happening.

Birdswin

I think our chances are slim. I did see on some website that the Birds, SIU and PU BU were the teams from the Valley under consideration.

Birdman

Birdswin said:
I think our chances are slim. I did see on some website that the Birds, SIU and PU BU were the teams from the Valley under consideration.

Yeah I have seen a few different that have us and SIU being considered

fdbird83

The Redbirds did not receive an NIT bid. The Valley did not get any teams in the NIT.

topiarydan

Big time disappointment. UNC Asheville and Hampton - wow
That loss to Charleston Southern was a f'ing killer

ISU FAN 1

topiarydan said:
Big time disappointment. UNC Asheville and Hampton - wow
That loss to Charleston Southern was a f'ing killer

That was a choose to lose game where Muller was building culture. Can’t afford to give away games if we are going to play postseason games.

Redbird82

Might have done it wrong, but ran RPI wizard changing Charleston and SIU to wins, RPI was 50. Kinda defeats the argument only St. Louis matters at least with regard to NIT. Don’t know what it would take for the NCAA since St Bonaventure is in first 4 with a 24 RPI

Top Bottom