NIL Question

RedbirdSoxFan

Not a Business major, so I will throw this question out there (dpdough) for clarification.
Redbird Arena (CEFCU) does not sell local beer (Fiala Brothers, Destihl, Lil Beaver, etc.) at sporting events. Is this because:
They have not approached any of these businesses?
These businesses have not approached the Arena’s Sales Department?
There have been discussions but no agreement to offer these beverages have been agreed upon or finalized?
I have not been to a game at Champaign/Urbana since the Redbirds overtime loss there, but I have been told that the State Farm Center does offer the local Craft Beer’s at their sporting events. I would love to have the option of supporting the local breweries while cheering on the Redbirds. It would be a win/win for everyone. The businesses could invest some of their proceeds into the NIL to help attract players that could help advance the level of play which could lead to more competitive Redbird teams hopefully leading to Championships and NCAA appearances. This would (hopefully) lead to higher attendance numbers, which would lead to more beer sales, which would lead to more profit for the businesses, which would lead to more revenue to increase the NIL donations🤷‍♂️

MadBird

I posted this on the General Topic thread, but doesn't look like it got any views. Here's some information from Wisconsin about its NIL program. Might help us understand what is going on in the "other world".

I'm not sure how much visibility this will get here, but since it's not really related to any ISU sport specifically - or ISU for that matter - I'll park it here. There's a lot of information here, but some of you might find it interesting to see what Wisconsin is doing - or putting out in public what they're doing - with regard to NIL. In the one section, Marketplace, you can see a number of athletes and the prices they charge for various activities (appearances, endorsements, posting on your social media, etc.). Click on "NIL in Action" to get info.

Learn More About NIL at Wisconsin

Top Bottom