Next season

Jsnhbe1Birds

Being a senior laden team means nothing if they don't get better. We'll have Copeland, Chastain, Romine, and the two 6'9 freshman though. But, that means nothing if you can't finish inside, draw too many fouls, and have players who get stripped every time they get inside. Next season should be better but I don't envision a repeat of 16-17. Probably closer to this season than last season. Yaklich was the worst loss.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Retire 12 said:
Copeland is a BIG, BIG part of next years squad.

Yeah, just like EC was a big part of this season. I'll believe when I see it. Until then it's all hopeful talk.

Retire 12

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Retire 12 said:

Yeah, just like EC was a big part of this season. I'll believe when I see it. Until then it's all hopeful talk.

Step away from the keyboard for 24 hours and reevaluate.

EC is a true freshman.

Jsnhbe1Birds

after another loss in the conference finals I had to open the Jim Beam :). If you can't tell LOL

Jsnhbe1Birds

If I was smart I would have drank during the game when the refs only called 5 fouls on Loyola and the birds missed 18 layups.

Redbrd1

Retire 12 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Retire 12 said:

EC is a true freshman.

So was Nic Moore.

Adunk33

Staff member
Getting used to the drive home after another poor showing in the championship. I've started think about what next season might look like. I'm guessing we have 3 transfers. I'm not feeling great about Milik staying anymore. I'd be shocked if Romine was back. The other...a bit of a surprise, a la DJ Clayton.

I still think the team will be good. Just not as dominant as they could be.

Redbrd1

Adunk33 said:
Getting used to the drive home after another poor showing in the championship. I've started think about what next season might look like. I'm guessing we have 3 transfers. I'm not feeling great about Milik staying anymore. I'd be shocked if Romine was back. The other...a bit of a surprise, a la DJ Clayton.

MY isn’t going anywhere. Not sure who would take a turn over machine. He needs to improve his handles.

redbirds2000

Retire 12 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Retire 12 said:

EC is a true freshman.
Many true Freshman doing just fine in this conference. We saw two of them today. EC couldn't even go on the floor!

Rollbirds5

Redbrd1 said:
Adunk33 said:

MY isn’t going anywhere. Not sure who would take a turn over machine. He needs to improve his handles.

Plenty of teams would love a guy who puts up 16+ppg, 6+rebounds per game, and 4+assists per game,

Hamdonger

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
after another loss in the conference finals I had to open the Jim Beam :). If you can't tell LOL

Then you should get away from watching athletics of any sort. For real.

redbirds2000

Rollbirds5 said:
Redbrd1 said:
Adunk33 said:

Plenty of teams would love a guy who puts up 16+ppg, 6+rebounds per game, and 4+assists per game,

Is he on track to graduate this year? That's the only way he transfers without sitting again.

Rollbirds5

My Bold take is that Porter leaves to go to a big school and Custer goes with him. Even bolder take, birds will be dancing next year

fdbird83

Humdinger said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:

Then you should get away from watching athletics of any sort. For real.

I started losing interest in the 2nd half, so I filled my pill bottle for the week. :) The sad thing was it was more interesting than the 2nd half.

redbirds2000

Rollbirds5 said:
My Bold take is that Porter leaves to go to a big school and Custer goes with him. Even bolder take, birds will be dancing next year

First part is more likely than the second.

ChiRedbirdfan

Rollbirds5 said:
Redbrd1 said:
Adunk33 said:

:text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1:

Top Bottom