NDSU v ISU-R Lets get it on!!

lakesbison

Hey guys.. New message board, what happened to all my awesome takes on the old one? Gone?

NDSU week, should be a great physical game, both teams will come out firing.

Bison Fans are worried about this game, but I think NDSU defense will step up and hopefully we get the Easton Stick of USD lore instead of the SDSU game.

ThisIsTheLineup

lakesbison said:
Hey guys.. New message board, what happened to all my awesome takes on the old one? Gone?

Bison Fans are worried about this game, but I think NDSU defense will step up and hopefully we get the Easton Stick of USD lore instead of the SDSU game.

Oh guys...he hasn't heard of the Great Crash of 2017....

Bad news lakebison....we had a crash over the summer....lost everything.

HOWEVER, welcome back to RBF country! I think you will see a majority of us in the same boat as you...worried about this game. We have higher implications (win to get in)...so our blood pressure may be a little higher :lol: . We are still debating about whether or not HCBS made the correct calls last weekend in Brookings (see the thread on the game).

Will you be making the trek down? Bring your rain gear!

fourthandshort

lakesbison said:

you have smart fans !!

jbird

For anyone who believes weather forecasts further in advance than what you can see for yourself on the horizon, Saturday might be cool and very wet. Rain in the forecast for both Friday and Saturday. Temps in mid-40s. Temps are not bad for mid-November, but wet conditions could have an effect.

fourthandshort

ThisIsTheLineup said:
lakesbison said:

HOWEVER, welcome back to RBF country! I think you will see a majority of us in the same boat as you...worried about this game. We have higher implications (win to get in)...so our blood pressure may be a little higher :lol: . We are still debating about whether or not HCBS made the correct calls last weekend in Brookings (see the thread on the game).

Not debating whether we made bad play calls on those last 2 drives .. just rehashing how bad is bad, etc

ThisIsTheLineup

fourthandshort said:
ThisIsTheLineup said:
lakesbison said:

Not debating whether we made bad play calls on those last 2 drives .. just rehashing how bad is bad, etc

That's fair.

ChiRedbirdfan

Two touchdown differential on 40 points for over and under does not give our offense any love. They got NDSU holding the ISU offense to 13 or 14 points.

Chi-bird

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Two touchdown differential on 40 points for over and under does not give our offense any love. They got NDSU holding the ISU offense to 13 or 14 points.

:eek:

fourthandshort

Forecast is 50, windy, 60% chance of rain.

We match up very well with NDSU, though believe we will come ready to play, and ready to mix things up with Kolbe/Broadnax. Their QB is solid, but not panning out like they had hope .. true dual threat, but not as good as Christion or Streveler , and other than the 84 yard QB draw from Christion, he had a bad day throwing and running in very good fall weather. And we chased and hit Streveler so many times .. both of their fan bases on AGS commented how dominant our DL and front 7 was in those games.

Only concern on defense is if they find holes and sucker us into getting beat deep like last year .. hopefully we watch film and stay home. Main concern on offense is that we get too predictable .. or get stupid like the last 2 series against SDSU. We really need to mix things up with Kolbe/Broadnax and then run it down their throats .. but we can't do that unless we keep them honest a little off balance .. have that kind of game plan and be patient with it ... they have best defense in conference and possibly top 3 in country.

Their stud RB Dunn is out, their other RB #8 Anderson seems over-rated .. really struggled to pick it up after Dunn went down couple games ago. But they have undersized SO RB #28 Ty Brooks .. he is 180 lb and can move.

Here is NDSU run game snap shot:

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
Bruce Anderson 10 148 726 25 701 4.7 5 46 70.1
Lance Dunn 7 80 642 8 634 7.9 12 73 90.6
Easton Stick 10 61 516 88 428 7.0 7 80 42.8
Ty Brooks 6 42 431 5 426 10.1 6 54 71.0

So RB #28 Ty Brooks ( 5'9" 180 lb) has emerged the last 3 weeks since Dunn went down .. possibly caught teams by surprise since he is much different type of runner than Dunn (5'9" 211 lbs) and Anderson (5'11")215 lbs) .. he is smaller and quicker .. so have to contain him or he will make us miss more than the other 2 would. Sp keep Eastick and Brooks contained, and we can win this game.

Weather can play to our advantage if were smart about it. Redbirds win 24-17 type game.

Total Red

Staff member
I'm looking forward to a great Senior Day. In particular I want to see the Senior D-Linemen at least one more time - Keene, Conley, McCown and Graham. Can you believe Graham leads the team with 6.5 sacks with as little as he plays? He's a terror. We'll need big games from all of them and more.

Yeah I'll agree that the Buyz Un are the favorites but 13.5pts?? Coach Spack needs to post that. If somebody is giving 13 to the Redbirds I'm taking it.

This won't be our highest attendance game but it's my kind of atmosphere. This one will be all about the game. I don't think you'll have to worry about the fans don't want others to stand and cheer. They're not likely to come. This one's for hardcore football fans that want to see two outstanding teams.
Birds to Battle - Senior UP

Redbirdz18

Total Red said:
I'm looking forward to a great Senior Day. In particular I want to see the Senior D-Linemen at least one more time - Keene, Conley, McCown and Graham. Can you believe Graham leads the team with 6.5 sacks with as little as he plays? He's a terror. We'll need big games from all of them and more.

Yeah I'll agree that the Buyz Un are the favorites but 13.5pts?? Coach Spack needs to post that. If somebody is giving 13 to the Redbirds I'm taking it.

This won't be our highest attendance game but it's my kind of atmosphere. This one will be all about the game. I don't think you'll have to worry about the fans don't want others to stand and cheer. They're not likely to come. This one's for hardcore football fans that want to see two outstanding teams.
Birds to Battle - Senior UP

I'm looking forward to this game as well. Hopefully everyone there will be LOUD and proud. Let's make some noise Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbirdz18

How many people do you guys think will be in attendance?
My guess: 6000

fourthandshort

Redbirdz18 said:

All depends on weather ... with rain and wind being big deterent. If it was going to be 50 and sunny, light winds.. I would have guessed 9-10k including Bison. But woth rain in morning forecast, people will will out. Who knows .. maybe Redbird Nation will step it up and surprise.

fourthandshort

fourthandshort said:
Redbirdz18 said:

All depends on weather ... with rain and wind being big deterent. If it was going to be 50 and sunny, light winds.. I would have guessed 9-10k including Bison. But with rain in morning forecast, people will will out. So if rainy, maybe 6,000 ... Who knows .. maybe Redbird Nation will step it up and surprise.

fourthandshort

so 6 years ago, almost to the day, #4 UNI came to #14 ISU .. it was a very cool windy day with rain threatening .. 52 and cloudy with 30 mph winds out of south.

Missouri Valley Football
#4 #4 Northern Iowa vs #14 #14 Illinois St. (11-19-2017 at Normal, Ill.)
#4 Northern Iowa (9-2,7-1) vs. #14 Illinois St. (7-4,6-2)

Date: 11-19 • Site: Normal, Ill. • Stadium: Hancock Stadium • Attendance: 6092
Kickoff time: 11 a.m. • End of Game: 2:26 pm • Total elapsed time: 3:26
Referee: Ingalls,Justin • Umpire: Denker,Brett • Linesman: Sujack,Greg • Line judge: Winters,Vincent • Back judge: Crull,Gary • Field judge: Hurth,Chep • Side judge: Forde,Jack • Scorer: Kober,Todd •
Temperature: 52 • Wind: S 30 • Weather: Cloudy/Windy

Scoring Summary (Final)
Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 OT Score
#4 Northern Iowa 0 0 10 3 10 23
#14 Illinois St. 0 6 0 7 7 20

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/11/uni-ils.htm

Let's just ignore the whole loss in double OT part .. and focus on the phenomenal game played between 2 very good teams in very rough weather .. cool with 30 mph winds and little rain here and there. We thoroughly dominated 1st half holding them to one 1st down, but we couldn't finish our drives and only led 6-0 on 2 FGs at half.

So both bogus polls had us 14th going into game against #4 .. Massey, Sagarin, and Massey Composite all had us around 10th. We take the #4 team into double OT and lose on 40 yd FG straight into a 30 mph wind that cleared cross bar by a foot.

For that, we got shut out of playoffs which set off a tirade and resulted in College Sporting Newes site giving us Woof award as the most screwed team in FCS. Later learned EKU bribed their way into playoffs with an incredibly high host bid, even though no poll or website had them anywhere near top 20, nor in the bubble talk .. but they got in and hosted 1st round game beating the 5th place CAA team (JMU)< while MVFC only got 2 teams.

Anyway, just little history. This game sets up almost the same, except this time we're 6-4 needing a win to ensure a playoff spot. But hosting a very good team and playing for our playoff lives in a rough weather game.

Wouldn't have it any other way .. let's' win baby !!!

DannyCooksey

isuquinndog said:
cpacmel said:
Illinois State +13.5
Over / under 40

Ouch. Two touchdown dogs at home.

i agree that hurts. but it's our fault. Getting destroyed in Carbondale against a bad SIU team and blowing a game against WIU.

But I have a good feeling about this one. I think we get it done.

Birds--27
Bison Burgers 23

But I think we miss the playoffs and again that is 100% totally our own fault.

McHalesNavy

Bizon-31
Birds-24

Yes, I will get crucified for this, but I just don't see the drive in these guys lasting 4 full quarters.

jbird

Saturday is Senior Day. These seniors would have been in Frisco for the NC game in January, 2015.

I have a high degree of confidence that we will not lose by 13.5 points.

Top Bottom