NCAA Tournament

ILLST25

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1237838937290231809?s=21

NCAA just announced no fans at the tournament games.

SgtHulka

giphy.gif

DWRedbird

I get why they are doing this, but this is an extreme bummer. Selfishly I had tickets to the final four this year, so this is a definitely let down.

ricohill

Will be interesting what happens in two weeks. My prediction is this is all an overreaction (not just the NCAA). I am betting the Sweet 16 and Final 4 has fans.

ISU FAN 1

ricohill said:
Will be interesting what happens in two weeks. My prediction is this is all an overreaction (not just the NCAA). I am betting the Sweet 16 and Final 4 has fans.

Supposedly Caronavirus will be worse in a few weeks here in terms of number of cases. The fatality rate is significantly lower for low risk age groups compared to past viruses. This is all being ginned up by the media to tank the economy in an election year. If the over reaction to this virus becomes the new normal, we’re screwed.

Hamdonger

We're DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!! Run for your lives!!! Just hit the damn nuke button and end the whole planet. We have no hope whatsoever. It's over.

Hamdonger

ISUFan1 brings up an excellent point. This is a game changer for all of us in regards to status quo.

This is an insane overreaction. Insane. Forget basketball. Basketball has nothing to do with it.

NCAA issue refunds on the SLEW of pre-purchased tix? How does that work?

CaliRdBrd

As a Redbird fan, watching games with no one on attendance should be an easy transition.

CaliRdBrd

ISU FAN 1 said:
ricohill said:

Supposedly Caronavirus will be worse in a few weeks here in terms of number of cases. The fatality rate is significantly lower for low risk age groups compared to past viruses. This is all being ginned up by the media to tank the economy in an election year. If the over reaction to this virus becomes the new normal, we’re screwed.

1,000% agree.

Think Y2K, but this time it’s been weaponized for political purposes.

Hamdonger

Boy the media advertising dollar just took a COLOSSAL jump. 30 second spots now going for multiple millions.

Redbird Alum 2004

ISU FAN 1 said:
ricohill said:

Agreed. Retail is taking a beating over this. Restaurants are taking a beating. Airlines are taking a beating. Earlier this year we had a bad for strain in Chatham that too the life of a 16 year old athlete. Nothing closed. But this, the world is ending. Wait until Q1 earnings get released.

Hamdonger

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
Agreed. Retail is taking a beating over this. Restaurants are taking a beating. Airlines are taking a beating. Earlier this year we had a bad for strain in Chatham that too the life of a 16 year old athlete. Nothing closed. But this, the world is ending. Wait until Q1 earnings get released.

Neighbors with Joey's grandparents. Kid really had his act together.

Hamdonger

25 "confirmed" cases in the state.(I realize the number will go up, probably substantially) A day or two ago the Gov declared a disaster. I assume to tap into fed funding? Regardless. 25. This world is a changing. Our US world, anyway. Gonna see if I can wiggle my way into an arena. Why not?

Tpguy

ISU FAN 1 said:
ricohill said:

I'm over 70 and in poor health, It's been nice knowing you guys :violin: :pray:

gobirds85

Tpguy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:
ricohill said:

Maybe we can have a celebration dinner at bww in Oswego this weekend. I’ll order now, the food should be ready by Sat.

Tpguy

gobirds85 said:
Tpguy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

I hope we get the same waitress and Manager and that you don't cuss and get aggressive with them

Redbird Alum 2004

gobirds85 said:
Tpguy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

Maybe we can have a celebration dinner at bww in Oswego this weekend. I’ll order now, the food should be ready by Sat.

That's pretty optimistic thinking.

SgtHulka

Tpguy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:
ricohill said:

giphy.gif

Top Bottom