N.I.T.?

redbirdemt23

If we make it in, where do you think we will sit and will we get any home games?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

DWRedbird

redbirdemt23 said:
If we make it in, where do you think we will sit and will we get any home games?

We won't be getting an NIT invite, especially with this showing...

Birdman

NIT is extremely doubtful, but they should play a post season tourney for the extra experience.

jwa123

I would tend to agree that a nit invite will not be forthcoming.

Redbrd1

Birdman said:
NIT is extremely doubtful, but they should play a post season tourney for the extra experience.

Somebody on here said Muller already said no to any tourney.

Birdman

Redbrd1 said:
Birdman said:

That’s too bad, but understandable if he feels ISU is above some of those other tourneys, but with no one graduating it would only make sense for them to play in something.

crazzymark

Some of you will be shocked on selection Sunday when 8 or so teams with 17-19 wins and losing conference records make the big dance......downright wrong.....or ISU could of made the NIT

Hamdonger

Birdman said:
Redbrd1 said:
Birdman said:

That’s too bad, but understandable if he feels ISU is above some of those other tourneys, but with no one graduating it would only make sense for them to play in something.

Ok. From the rooftops. One more time.

ISU WILL ACCEPT an invite from NIT. If no invite, season over.
-per Dan Muller

ChiRedbirdfan

Humdinger said:
Birdman said:
Redbrd1 said:

Ok. From the rooftops. One more time.

ISU WILL ACCEPT an invite from NIT. If no invite, season over.
-per Dan Muller

:text-+1: i like that approach

PubIIDreaming

redbirdemt23 said:

No way in hell we get an NIT bid unless copious amounts of $$ are delivered to selection committee. Even then.......no. And home games? Good Lord you would have to extend the field to 128 teams to even sniff 1 home game.

ISU86

nearly every one-bid conference would need to have their regular season champion win ... even then, if the Valley does get another team, would it be the birds or the dawgs?

not enough cache'

V Boy

I'm ready for this season to be over. I think we know what we're going to get with this team.....and it's not going to win the NIT. Not enough scoring. Too many turnovers. Not a strong enough backcourt.

Turn the page.

Let the staff spend the time recruiting.

Hamdonger

V Boy said:
I'm ready for this season to be over. I think we know what we're going to get with this team.....and it's not going to win the NIT. Not enough scoring. Too many turnovers. Not a strong enough backcourt.

Turn the page.

Let the staff spend the time recruiting.

Frankly, that's kind of where I am.

But no way I'd turn down the bid.

Sladerunningbear

The Valley has a rich tradition with the NIT (probably because we only get 1 team in the Dance.) It would be strange not to get a Valley team in the NIT.

chuckie1980

NIT? And my dream all day was to accept the victory and then being placed in the DANCE with WuSHOX as our dance partner.

ISU FAN 1

ISU86 said:
nearly every one-bid conference would need to have their regular season champion win ... even then, if the Valley does get another team, would it be the birds or the dawgs?

not enough cache'

The Birds have cache' baby, they have cache' up the ying yang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXfA8g79n3E

Top Bottom