Myles Foster officially enters Transfer Portal!

RedbirdSoxFan

Myles Foster has Officially entered the Transfer Portal. Sad to see him go, but excited to see what Chase Walker can do as a starter replacing Myles.
Good Luck to Myles wherever he ends up (unless it’s in Champaign/Urbana).

Baltimore Bird

Me too. We now have a long way to go in the Portal to be competitive. Most of the guys I wanted in the Portal are still Redbirds.
Now is your time to shine, Coach P.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
The sooner you accept that scholarships are one year deals the better off you’ll be.
They always have been. He didn't leave for that. He's leaving (I assume to be fair) for NIL. And I always will say, the players deserve to be paid. But the ability to just transfer plus NIL is just a recipe for disaster. Schools are losing 60%+ of their teams. It's unatonable. And it's going to destroy interest.

DoubleDeuce

Me too. We now have a long way to go in the Portal to be competitive. Most of the guys I wanted in the Portal are still Redbirds.
Now is your time to shine, Coach P.
The only way to make progress is big donors. I think that's why Pedon's strategy is roster stability and player development, as much as possible.

TBus_Birds

Thinking back to Foster's commit date in May 2023, he was here just shy of 11 months. Wow. Good luck to him, though. Enjoyed watching him play and appreciated his role in what will hopefully later be regarded as an important turnaround season for Redbird hoops.

crazzymark

well I guess he'd rather be a bench player for a team that makes the tournament then be probably one of the best players in the league and maybe make the tournament, it makes sense

Manchester Matt

I genuinely thought it was cool when Robbie Hummel got choked up on the radio call when Purdue won on Sunday. Just won’t see much of that moving forward. Players won’t love the institution like us fans do when they play for 3-4 schools in their career.

The portal has completely derailed college athletics. Wish they would fix it.

B

BirdGrad2011

They always have been. He didn't leave for that. He's leaving (I assume to be fair) for NIL. And I always will say, the players deserve to be paid. But the ability to just transfer plus NIL is just a recipe for disaster. Schools are losing 60%+ of their teams. It's unatonable. And it's going to destroy interest.
Foster was offered a more than fair NIL deal. We did about all we could to keep him. It is what it is.

TBus_Birds

Foster was offered a more than fair NIL deal. We did about all we could to keep him. It is what it is.
What kind of NIL numbers can ISU offer? I think my only point of reference is the big deal Reeves got from UK, so any Valley numbers would be interesting to know.

PurpleRedbird

Just because they enter the portal doesn't mean he's gone, but likely. Can't remember who, but we had one person enter and withdraw.

I don't blame any of the players for looking for more money now that it's okay. Recruiting becomes more important than ever.

B

BirdGrad2011

What kind of NIL numbers can ISU offer? I think my only point of reference is the big deal Reeves got from UK, so any Valley numbers would be interesting to know.
We aren’t offering the hundreds of thousands + a lambo or whatever car it was Reeves got from UK. We had a more than fair offer and probably more than you’d expect.

Top Bottom