MVC Game 9

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Half way point! All games on ESPN3. MVC-TV includes NBC Sports Chicago and Fox Sports Midwest.

Missouri State 52
Bradley 72

Illinois State 72
Northern Iowa 83

Indiana State 77
Southern Illinois 82

Evansville 75
Valparaiso 65

Loyola 80
Drake 57

Standings after 8 games:
Code:
<i>
</i>TEAM		CONF	OVERALL
Loyola-Chicago	6-2	16-4
Drake		6-2	12-9
Missouri State	5-3	15-6
Indiana State	5-3	10-10
Bradley		4-4	14-7
Southern IL 	4-4	12-9
Illinois State	4-4	10-10
Evansville	2-6	12-9
Valparaiso	2-6	11-10
Northern Iowa	2-6	10-10

chuckie1980

This could be an impact game...where if the cards do not fall our way....we will be in the #7 position (all alone?).

I watch these guys and sometime during the season...I have seen some great moves by every single player on the squad. The shocking aspect of this team...have we ever played the whole bench before this year? The injuries and attitude issues aside...I have always dreamt of having a REDBIRD team where any player could display some worth to the team. PROOF has been given that we do have some good players.

But where in the world is the TEAM? Who wants to lead? Who wants to follow? Who wants to listen and improve? Who just wants all the glory?

The BIRDS still have the capability to win in StLou and even advance in the tournament...but all they need to develop a team chemistry and their goal will be the only thing in front of these guys.

All I want are wins.

DoubleDeuce

chuckie1980 said:
This could be an impact game...where if the cards do not fall our way....we will be in the #7 position (all alone?).

I watch these guys and sometime during the season...I have seen some great moves by every single player on the squad. The shocking aspect of this team...have we ever played the whole bench before this year? The injuries and attitude issues aside...I have always dreamt of having a REDBIRD team where any player could display some worth to the team. PROOF has been given that we do have some good players.

But where in the world is the TEAM? Who wants to lead? Who wants to follow? Who wants to listen and improve? Who just wants all the glory?

The BIRDS still have the capability to win in StLou and even advance in the tournament...but all they need to develop a team chemistry and their goal will be the only thing in front of these guys.

All I want are wins.

What he said. Agree with everything.

SgtHulka

MSU out 2 players. Blisters after the team did cryotherapy. Out indefinitely. Alize picks up 2 could in the first minute and a half. Picks up third in first half. Team goes down by 12. 29-28 at the half.

SgtHulka

https://twitter.com/Jim_Connell_417/status/955947743549247489

ricohill

Bradley up 47-30 on Mo St....that won't be a good result to keep us out of Thursday.

Adunk33

Staff member
MO State is showing how to beat them. We already knew....shut down Alize and make the rest beat you. He only has 5 points with 3 min to play.

Adunk33

Staff member
MO State is showing how to beat them. We already knew....shut down Alize and make the rest beat you. He only has 5 points with 3 min to play.

SgtHulka

cpacmel said:
SgtHulka said:
https://twitter.com/Jim_Connell_417/status/955947743549247489

That treatment was for their blisters too.....

LUSK!
tenor.gif

WoodlandWarrior

Well, it will be up to us to beat the Peoria School of Horology Gargoyles in Peoria, although I expect Loyola to win there as well.

ISU FAN 1

chuckie1980 said:

All I want are wins.

Advance in the tournament? :lol:

Step away from the Koolaid.

There is a meaningful game at the top of the conference in Loyola at Drake. Our game is a battle of the bottom feeders, and we are a healthy underdog.

Just got smoked by 30 by a 9-10 team. Our arrow is officially pointing down.

DWRedbird

ISU FAN 1 said:
chuckie1980 said:

All I want are wins.

There is a meaningful game at the top of the conference in Loyola at Drake. Our game is a battle of the bottom feeders, and we are a healthy underdog.

If we made the tournament, depending on the match up, I honestly think we might be able to win the first round game. I think when we come together as a team, and play on point (which we would have to do to win the Valley tournament and make the NCAA), I think we can compete with a majority of teams in the D1.

All that being said, I don't think we have the team to win the Valley tourney this year. We've got the players, but we do not have the team.

ISU FAN 1

DWRedbird said:
ISU FAN 1 said:
chuckie1980 said:

All I want are wins.

If we made the tournament, depending on the match up, I honestly think we might be able to win the first round game. I think when we come together as a team, and play on point (which we would have to do to win the Valley tournament and make the NCAA), I think we can compete with a majority of teams in the D1.

All that being said, I don't think we have the team to win the Valley tourney this year. We've got the players, but we do not have the team.

IMO, we do NOT have either. Look at the roster from 4 on down. I contend that would be among the weakest 4-13 players in NCAA tournament history. I really like our top 3. But, ISU would be at a huge deficit at the remaining roster spots as currently performing. All ISU has on their side is time. If a couple guys develop in the next month, then maybe there would be cause for hope. The Drake and INSU beat downs have me questioning our likelihood of even playing on Saturday at Arch Madness.

RedbirdMan

ISU FAN 1 said:
DWRedbird said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

IMO, we do NOT have either. Look at the roster from 4 on down. I contend that would be among the weakest 4-13 players in NCAA tournament history. I really like our top 3. But, ISU would be at a huge deficit at the remaining roster spots as currently performing. All ISU has on their side is time. If a couple guys develop in the next month, then maybe there would be cause for hope. The Drake and INSU beat downs have me questioning our likelihood of even playing on Saturday at Arch Madness.

I think it will be lucky if they are still playing Friday.

ISU FAN 1

RedbirdMan said:
ISU FAN 1 said:
DWRedbird said:

I think it will be lucky if they are still playing Friday.

Maybe we should just spit in the river Thursday morning and return home.

DWRedbird

ISU FAN 1 said:

I disagree. Our roster, from top to bottom is not nearly as bad as some see it. We have arguably 3 of the top 5 or at least 3 of the top 10 players in the conference in our starting lineup. N'Diaye is solid, and as he plays more games and gets more comfortable, he becomes a quality big man. We have enough players to play roles to fill in other roster spots. Unfortunately, our team doesn't buy in on defense for the most part and we don't seem to gel as a team like we did last year. Just my opinion though.

chuckie1980

Maybe we should just spit in the river Thursday morning and return home.

You prove DW and my point. You spit in the river...you do it by yourself.

Top Bottom