Muller . . . giving thanks

ChiRedbirdfan

CaliRdBrd said:
Is that photo from just before tip off...

Kidding:)

If it is pre tip off I can't wait to see how that game is played given the location and number of baskets.

JHBird

I always wondered how many more years Redbird Arena will have before it gets replaced? It still looks like it has a lot of mileage left.

Adunk33

Staff member
JHBird said:
I always wondered how many more years Redbird Arena will have before it gets replaced? It still looks like it has a lot of mileage left.

I'm thinking they build that indoor football facility before further upgrades to RBA. They just put a bunch of money to "modernize" RBA with the new score board and ribbons.

CaliRdBrd

Agree that it’s a beautiful arena. In retrospect, it would have been cool if it was smaller/more intimidating.

chuckie1980

What's the life of the roof?

I feel that Muller is happy and trying to give back to his alma mater. His intelligence understands how his position and salary affects the whole university. He understands the limitations...but also understands the goals that the university has ask of him...and he is responding under a rather unscrupulous collegiate environment.

My fantasy for his tenure...has been hoping that he has a good relationship with Coach Spack. Not knowing the future of your career...at least Coach Spack should be able to influence how his ISU tenure possibly could affect Muller's career.

I expect Muller will follow the $$ when given a great chance...but I wish for some sort of balance for Muller to learn how his first college coaching job at ISU...blends with Spack's possible last coaching job in football. I guess that I wish for Muller that when he leaves he leaves a legacy.

RedbirdMan

chuckie1980 said:
And with such a beautiful arena...BAN FOOD CONSUMPTION IN SEATS.

Yah let's give a very fickle fan base another reason not to attend games. :roll:

PubIIDreaming

chuckie1980 said:

Yeah, and make everyone take their shoes off and leave them at the door when they enter :roll:

Hamdonger

Bird Friend said:
https://twitter.com/DanMuller/status/953043719489511424

:text-+1: :clap: :clap:

Man, to see that place filled to the brim and rockin' again. No better game to do it than BU/ISU. "Stuckey...Stuckey...Stuckey...Stuckey..."

Hamdonger

PubIIDreaming said:
chuckie1980 said:

Yeah, and make everyone take their shoes off and leave them at the door when they enter :roll:

Nice. And absolutely no clapping allowed. If anyone stands up from their seat during game action...you gone!!

Adunk33

Staff member
Humdinger said:
PubIIDreaming said:
chuckie1980 said:

Nice. And absolutely no clapping allowed. If anyone stands up from their seat during game action...you gone!!

Unfortunately, some fans would be thrilled if this became a rule. :roll:

PubIIDreaming

Adunk33 said:
Humdinger said:
PubIIDreaming said:

But would they stand up and cheer that rule?

Adunk33

Staff member
PubIIDreaming said:
Adunk33 said:
Humdinger said:

But would they stand up and cheer that rule?
They'd probably sit with their arms folded and do two golf claps before returning to their natural state.

Redbirdwarrior

I think the one thing RBA could use is some more suites. Im not sure how to put them in, but right now there are just 2... or 1, right? I'd like to think there would be a way to get some suites in there. It is a great way to impress people and, based off how I have NEVER been able to get into any skybox at Hancock because they are always full of VIPs (and some of you guys), I'd think having some suites would be a good investment.