Milik Getting Some Pub

Birdman85

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/08/nba-draft-mid-major-prospects-watch-alize-johnson-mike-daum?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Good article on MIlik. He has been a ton so far. The scouts saw a good one yesterday.

ISU FAN 1

When I saw the thread topic, I was totally expecting to see Milik eating cheeseballs.

IMG00235-20110917-1617.jpg

TreRoberson4Heisman

According to sources close to the team, do not expect to see Milik in a Redbird uniform next year. Will test NBA Draft waters and enter his name and hire an agent, or Grad Transfer as Plan B.

This will be denied by Muller and co. if it goes public. Ie. MM “not transfering” quotes to Benson at the end of last season.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Wouldn't surprise me. He and Dan clearly don't see eye to eye. They are primed for the tournament next year (just like this year), just like before Lynch left (turned out to be blessing), and before Moore left. Somebody always leaves right before were supposed to be good. Its really quite crazy how it always happens. Cursed. I hope he stays but I give it about a 1% chance at this point.

Tpguy

I’ll furnish Redbird Arena toilet paper for a year if MY ever plays in an NBA game

Jsnhbe1Birds

It would be smart for him to enter the draft just to get feedback (just like Alize and MM did) but he will be going to a P5 school next season. I think he will go to a top 25 team.

Redbrd1

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
It would be smart for him to enter the draft just to get feedback (just like Alize and MM did) but he will be going to a P5 school next season. I think he will go to a top 25 team.

Wichita state maybe?

ISU FAN 1

Is there a P5 that will let him have the ball in his hands all the time? No. And that’s his game. And butting heads with his coach is a common theme. He needs to fix that, not keep running from guys that want to make him better and reach his potential.

Redbird222

ISU FAN 1 said:
Is there a P5 that will let him have the ball in his hands all the time? No. And that’s his game. And butting heads with his coach is a common theme. He needs to fix that, not keep running from guys that want to make him better and reach his potential.

Absolutely and hopefully someone close to him reminds him of this.

CB2K

MY reminds me of Zack Lofton. Attitude problems. Head strong. Willful. Overly emotional. Butting heads with coaches. Out of control at times. Talented.

DM tries to get them to buy in and make them better players and young men. They huff and puff and pout. They bolt. Then, after they have transferred to team after team and grow up a bit they realize that DM was doing them a solid the entire time. It is the same everywhere -- a coach expects you to play within the system and be a team player and play both ends especially the defensive end. But after they figure it out, other downstream teams reap the benefit.

Can you imagine how Donewald or Stallings would have handled MY?

I sure wish MY would stay but I understand the process.

Redbirdfan21

CB2K said:
MY reminds me of Zack Lofton. Attitude problems. Head strong. Willful. Overly emotional. Butting heads with coaches. Out of control at times. Talented.

I don’t think it’s that severe at all. Lofton was visibly upset after winning games, that he performed poorly in. He 100% only cared about himself. Milik seems like a really good teammate. Cheers on from the bench a lot, etc etc.

Brick

I agree. From what I hear he’s not as big a problem with coaching as some think. I hear he IS frustrated with having to play out of position with our lack of a true point guard. This kid has the talent to play down low and FINISH. Using all that energy to bring the ball up the court is limiting his time down low.

cpacmel

Redbirdfan21 said:
I don’t think it’s that severe at all. Lofton was visibly upset after winning games, that he performed poorly in. He 100% only cared about himself. Milik seems like a really good teammate. Cheers on from the bench a lot, etc etc.

This

:text-+1:

DBird

cpacmel said:
Redbirdfan21 said:

This

:text-+1:
:text-+1: :text-+1:

Hamdonger

Brick said:
I agree. From what I hear he’s not as big a problem with coaching as some think. I hear he IS frustrated with having to play out of position with our lack of a true point guard. This kid has the talent to play down low and FINISH. Using all that energy to bring the ball up the court is limiting his time down low.

Or he could embrace it and realize his resume is being expanded.

Thing is guys...he's got to have the ball in his hands because his court vision and awareness is by far the best on the team.

But damn, that's a lot of turnovers. Like, A LOT.

ISU FAN 1

CB2K said:

DM tries to get them to buy in and make them better players and young men. They huff and puff and pout. They bolt. Then, after they have transferred to team after team and grow up a bit they realize that DM was doing them a solid the entire time. It is the same everywhere -- a coach expects you to play within the system and be a team player and play both ends especially the defensive end. But after they figure it out, other downstream teams reap the benefit.

Can you imagine how Donewald or Stallings would have handled MY?

I sure wish MY would stay but I understand the process.

Donewald would have handed him a bus ticket home. That’s exactly what he did with a player that I went to ISU with. And that was just for skipping one class. That player didn’t repeat that mistake and went on to be an all time great.

DWRedbird

Brick said:

I think playing him down low is also putting him out of position. While I agree he will dominate most of the wings that are on him, that isn't where his true skill lies. His skill is as a wing, dishing or driving to the hoop to score. I agree he is out of position as a point forward, bringing the ball up, but posting him up is really limiting his overall game. I'd rather see him playing the two than anything else.

Top Bottom