Make the playoff but please no home games

crazzymark

Based on the 4000 in attendance for a major FCS game nationally, ISU doesn't deserve a home game if they make the playoffs. That is a shame for Coach Spack and the players, they deserve better. Bloomington/Normal has shown a complete disrespect of the players, coaching staff and ISU as a whole. :angry-cussing: :angry-banghead: :angry-steamingears:

RedbirdSoxFan

Bring back the IHSA Football playoffs to Hancock Stadium. They would make more money than a home Redbird football attendance @ the end of November would bring. I know going back and forth between Dekalb & Champaign every other year sucks for Rochester. Hancock would be much nicer.

redbirds2000

crazzymark said:
Based on the 4000 in attendance for a major FCS game nationally, ISU doesn't deserve a home game if they make the playoffs. That is a shame for Coach Spack and the players, they deserve better. Bloomington/Normal has shown a complete disrespect of the players, coaching staff and ISU as a whole. :angry-cussing: :angry-banghead: :angry-steamingears:
"Major FCS game nationally" Are you serious? NO ONE outside of B/N or Cedar Falls (pause, checking to see if it is Falls or Rapids) even knows or cares that this game is being played!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Virginia Redbird

If they keep playing like they played today against UNI ... they will not have to worry about home or away games in the playoffs. They will all be watching the playoffs on television.

crazzymark

I just got to watch the replay of the game, another sad crowd....looks like IWU has bigger crowds. So please no home games for the sole reason that without students, there will be 1,200 people in the seats and look as pathetic as the locals support of Blm/Nom home team.

redbirdfan04

What suggestions do you have to get more people out 5,700 were at the game. The fans at the game were very much into the game. A home game or two would be huge and it helps the program. MSU probably brought less than 100 people. Hoping our team doesn't have a home game because you are worried it looks sad is a terrible argument. Home games are advantage and only help. There was 596 people at the IWU game. Maybe you need glasses!! 5700 and 596 is a very big difference.

TIMMY

redbirdfan04 said:
What suggestions do you have to get more people out 5,700 were at the game. The fans at the game were very much into the game. A home game or two would be huge and it helps the program. MSU probably brought less than 100 people. Hoping our team doesn't have a home game because you are worried it looks sad is a terrible argument. Home games are advantage and only help. There was 596 people at the IWU game. Maybe you need glasses!! 5700 and 596 is a very big difference.
There's no way there were 5700 people inside Hancock Saturday. Tickets sold and given away maybe but not in the stands.

redbirdfan04

TIMMY said:
redbirdfan04 said:
There's no way there were 5700 people inside Hancock Saturday. Tickets sold and given away maybe but not in the stands.
Timmy you are correct both those numbers are paid but I didn't turn around and count everyone so I went with paid attendance! I bet you could have counted the Uwi crowd lol

ISU85

crazzymark said:

How on earth does whether we have a home game or not affect you? You're not at any of the games anyway and only come on here to complain about people who actually show up at the games.

redbirdfan04

:text-+1: You shouldn't have said that he is going to get mad!!!
ISU85 said:
crazzymark said:

How on earth does whether we have a home game or not affect you? You're not at any of the games anyway and only come on here to complain about people who actually show up at the games.

TIMMY

redbirdfan04 said:
TIMMY said:
redbirdfan04 said:
Timmy you are correct both those numbers are paid but I didn't turn around and count everyone so I went with paid attendance! I bet you could have counted the Uwi crowd lol
Yeah the only reason I mentioned it is I was pretty disappointed in the turnout. Victoria's Secret must have had a sale at the Mall.

Redbird15

Playoffs-- Um something to make you go UMMMMMM ! Think Championship ! Praying for both guys to make it back in good health in the future ! Love the kid proctor he is special ! Injuries can happen at any moment via practice or game. But one thing that still get me with some HS coachs as well as college coaches is running kids into the ground . ISU only really use 2 backs . The #3-5 backs including the FB and WR's does not even have 30 carries for the YEAR ! Teams like ND and SD aka bama-GA-LSU still have there #1/#2 backs but you will not see imbalance of team work with the #1/2 backs carries with a ratio of 87% to 13% during the season like ISU if that the case its no player development/coaching trust. Just recently I read where NDSU had a freshmen who played weighs 153lbs ran for 195yards. Most teams are (65-70) vs (30-/35%) using good rotations . This even applies to WR's. Now when playoff time comes those top kids are fresh and the low tier kids are prepared/ready with game experience. Stats don't lie just go view other teams rotations and stats. This is a reflection of the offensive coordinator !

MadBird

TIMMY said:
Or it's a reflection on depth.

Agree with Total Red's comment about close games, but also Timmy's: FBS has 20+ more scholarships than FCS, so that would give you another RB or two or three!

TIMMY

I would think depth and close games go hand in hand. We have 7 RB's on the roster. I don't know how many are healthy and D1 ready, but it is a very young group. I see nothing wrong with the way they were used and if there is a correlation between the amount of playing time and a knee injury I don't see it.

Here's the thing. It's football. You can't just throw someone in a game to get them experience. Those moves have consequences. A missed assignment or a missed block can get someone else killed. As a coach you have to be responsible as to who, when and where you put someone into a game. Unless you are privy to that reasoning, I can't see questioning how a coaching staff uses their players.

Redbird15

Timmy at no time did I say injury was due to not playing # 3/4 RB's. A player can get hurt slipping on the stairwell going to team meetings ! JR is the top dog at ISU. Correlation in my opinion view other top teams they use at least 3 RB's. Has nothing to do with FBS/FCS scholarships etc. Maybe Brown is garbage 3 back ? But he is on the team so he must be decent. My point is why not play kids like brown a little more in certain game situations via blocking/run to preserve Robinson/proctor when it come crunch time which will also create depth with game experience 1 run a games in last 30 sec of games will not help. But I hope Robinson will be the Superman for the playoffs.........up for the challenge because I am sure teams will not but an extra bulls eye on him. We will find out who will step up their game if JR can't get it going via WR/RB/QB maybe the OL will rise to the challenge !

fourthandshort

Time to introduce one of the talented true FR RBs maybe ???

I'm surprised we haven't seen one yet. So maybe they' were not quite ready for prime time yet.

Side note .. It's just now occurring to me how young our roster is at most offensive position groups. After JR Davis and SR Robinson... lot of true FR, RS FR, and SO skill players. Need some top dogs to emerge but we are well stocked for next 3 years ... again, need some top dogs to emerge, especially at QB position ... but lot of talented young RBs, WRs, and TEs working their way up. Got to be believe a few will become studs.

Anyone else notice... we have rediscovered the TE is an eligible receiver the last 2 games ??? Hell .. even our biggest Tackle was discovered 2 games ago !!

Even our defense is fairly young ... DL and DB groups both are stacked and mostly underclassmen. LBer group has couple SRs but us well stocked to replace them. Not as young as offense but lot coming back.

Just need to solve QB position and then ... cough cough ... replace Robinson ... cough. You know.... minor things like that.

TIMMY

Robinson has run for 39, 98, and 155 yards the last 3 games in that order. I think he'll be OK carrying the load.

ISUBU

fourthandshort said:
Time to introduce one of the talented true FR RBs maybe ???

I'm surprised we haven't seen one yet. So maybe they' were not quite ready for prime time yet.

Side note .. It's just now occurring to me how young our roster is at most offensive position groups. After JR Davis and SR Robinson... lot of true FR, RS FR, and SO skill players. Need some top dogs to emerge but we are well stocked for next 3 years ... again, need some top dogs to emerge, especially at QB position ... but lot of talented young RBs, WRs, and TEs working their way up. Got to be believe a few will become studs.

Two of the true freshmen RBs have played, Pha'leak Brown has already played in 3 games, and Nigel White has played in 2 games. Both have barely carried the ball yet. Pha'leak has four rushing attempts, and will now move up to the 3rd RB position. Redshirt freshman Kevin Brown is now the number 2.

Redshirt FR Eric Rogers was expected to have a good season at WR this year before being injured very early. Spack has frequently talked about having 3 top receivers out for much of the season...Rogers is the third one.

Top Bottom