Louisville

91Bird

I read that Louisville is expected to buy out head coach Chris Mack’s contract for $12 million. His anemic 68-37 record at Louisville just can’t be tolerated any longer!

dpdoughbird06

Maybe we can reach out to Louisville and borrow their blueprint on how to get this done. I'm jealous.
Louisville milked their local government for a professional-grade YUM Center, at which they keep 88% of ticket revenues and either 50 or 75% (I can’t remember) of concessions - including alcohol.

Tell the Town of Normal they need to buy the Redbirds a new arena or we’ll relocate our campus and athletics events to Bloomington.

Pull that off and we’ll be able to buy out our coaches at will.

dpdoughbird06

Louisville milked their local government for a professional-grade YUM Center, at which they keep 88% of ticket revenues and either 50 or 75% (I can’t remember) of concessions - including alcohol.

Tell the Town of Normal they need to buy the Redbirds a new arena or we’ll relocate our campus and athletics events to Bloomington.

Pull that off and we’ll be able to buy out our coaches at will.
Also for a decade Papa John was tossing off cash on Louisville Athletics like they were an entertainer at Big Al’s.

cubird

Don't they thave a med school with grads that hate the University of KY? How about Joe's Station House Bubble!

DWRedbird

I read that Louisville is expected to buy out head coach Chris Mack’s contract for $12 million. His anemic 68-37 record at Louisville just can’t be tolerated any longer!

For what its worth, the buy out will likely be lower than 12 million when it gets negotiated assuming he doesn't get fired for cause. The firing/separation is also likely stemming more from the fact that instead of not increase the number of NCAA violations Mack increased them (only by 3 I guess, so that's something), and less to do with his record.

cubird

Apparently, Louisville bb has higher standards than Auburn’s Bruce Pearl where winning trumps everything. Ethics in college BB and FB varies depending on the eye of the beholder.

dpdoughbird06

C5AF8981-66B1-4E68-839E-0CBBDDD0E457.jpegApparently, Louisville bb has higher standards than Auburn’s Bruce Pearl where winning trumps everything. Ethics in college BB and FB varies depending on the eye of the beholder.
Probably had to. While paying players under the table was widespread by the time the FBI took an interest, Louisville bore the brunt of the penalties - in part because of Pitino’s loose oversight of recruiting trips and his own after-hours behavior. At the same time the university also entrusted Bobby Petrino with its football program…

Louisville went from afterthought commuter school to athletic Mecca in part by turning a blind eye to moral and ethical transgressions in favor of winning at all costs.

gobirds85

Probably had to. While paying players under the table was widespread by the time the FBI took an interest, Louisville bore the brunt of the penalties - in part because of Pitino’s loose oversight of recruiting trips and his own after-hours behavior. At the same time the university also entrusted Bobby Petrino with its football program…

Louisville went from afterthought commuter school to athletic Mecca in part by turning a blind eye to moral and ethical transgressions in favor of winning at all costs.

Ricky P was too busy with the ladies to worry about pesky little things like rules, ethics, morals, etc...

MadBird

I don't disagree with the "turning a blind eye" stuff, but Louisville was a national contender many times over in the 70's and 80's and even into the 90's before Pitino came along this century. Not sure I'd call them an "afterthought commuter school".

Top Bottom