Looking forward to some Redbird Football

crazzymark

I am looking forward to some ISU football, even attending the ISU vs ill game. Will be fun to watch and say" Go you damn Redbirds and win this game"! Also looking forward to seeing the other winning programs keep winning!! VB, WBB, Soccer and Track n Field this fall!!

Total Red

Staff member
I listened to Trump talk about reopening the country yesterday and he didn't say one word about when Redbird Football would start back up. C'mon already, address the needs of the people.

Birdswin

Well, Total Red - you were listening about as good as my wife and mother-in-law. It is up to Gov JB Pancakes - sigh.

Total Red

Staff member
That wasn't the most serious comment I've ever posted on this board but if you want to have a serious discussion I'm game. Look for PM.

fourthandshort

Total Red said:
I listened to Trump talk about reopening the country yesterday and he didn't say one word about when Redbird Football would start back up. C'mon already, address the needs of the people.

TR .. it's pretty obvious we've fallen off the national radar once Kobe Buffalomeat was dismissed from roster ..... clearly we just havent gotten the same love ever since. Not even James Robinson's epic 297 yard performance, followed by 210 yards a week later in playoffs garnered as much national attention ..... #SpacksWorstRosterMoveEver

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/2/4/14471214/kobe-buffalomeat-jimmy-kimmel-illinois-state-signing-day-2017

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/kobe-buffalomeat-jimmy-kimmel-live-college-football

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-kobe-buffalomeat-jimmy-kimmel-live-20170203-story.html

https://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/kobe-buffalomeat-illinois-state-020317

Life wil go on, but that roster move will be Spack's undoing, once and for all !!

:p

Virginia Redbird

fourthandshort said:
Total Red said:

TR .. it's pretty obvious we've fallen off the national radar once Kobe Buffalomeat was dismissed from roster ..... clearly we just havent gotten the same love ever since. Not even James Robinson's epic 297 yard performance, followed by 210 yards a week later in playoffs garnered as much national attention ..... #SpacksWorstRosterMoveEver

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/2/4/14471214/kobe-buffalomeat-jimmy-kimmel-illinois-state-signing-day-2017

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/kobe-buffalomeat-jimmy-kimmel-live-college-football

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-kobe-buffalomeat-jimmy-kimmel-live-20170203-story.html

https://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/kobe-buffalomeat-illinois-state-020317

Life wil go on, but that roster move will be Spack's undoing, once and for all !!

Kobe who??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chuckie1980

You all can blame me if the football season does not kick off at least to being ABbyNormal….

I walk out the apartment...out the complex entrance....past Jim's, Niro's Gyros, Jarlings, TopFood, McD...MerryAnne's...under the RR overpass.....and then you can feast your eyes on REDBIRD MEMORIAL STADIUM.....

Now if I cannot get the opportunity to walk to a Redbird game in a Big10 stadium....I will take the blame....

StLRedbird

I'd never seen the televised game. I do recall being very discouraged when Ridgeway was forced from the game at the end of the first half and focused on Powell from my seat in the Fargodome. Focused on him again watching the game a few minutes ago. Damn. What do you do when you have TWO potential all-american nose tackles? Fourth best defense in the MVFC next year, my a**.

chuckie, I'm right there with you. Cryin' shame we're not gonna be able to OWN memorial stadium Sep 4th. I think college football will be played. Hard to figure how live fans will be sitting elbow to elbow during the games, though. Will socially distanced tailgating be allowed? God, I hope so.

Total Red

Staff member
fourthandshort said:
TR .. it's pretty obvious we've fallen off the national radar once Kobe Buffalomeat was dismissed from roster .....

Buffalo were meant to roam. He's gone, it's over, it happens. But look at what we have right in front of us. We have an All-American Left Tackle - Drew Himmelman. We shouldn't wait until he's about to get drafted to start paying attn to him. He's here for one more season. You'll pay a lot more to see him live after that.

https://youtu.be/l6aXOP09dSc?t=4

fourthandshort

StLRedbird said:
I'd never seen the televised game. I do recall being very discouraged when Ridgeway was forced from the game at the end of the first half and focused on Powell from my seat in the Fargodome. Focused on him again watching the game a few minutes ago. Damn. What do you do when you have TWO potential all-american nose tackles? Fourth best defense in the MVFC next year, my a**.

chuckie, I'm right there with you. Cryin' shame we're not gonna be able to OWN memorial stadium Sep 4th. I think college football will be played. Hard to figure how live fans will be sitting elbow to elbow during the games, though. Will socially distanced tailgating be allowed? God, I hope so.

Thing i will miss most IF ... they cancel college football this fall ? Watch our DL group take another step forwardvthis year. Our top 5 from our front 3 DL position group all return this season ... going to go out on limb and say this should be THE top DL group in FCS. Probably top 40 for FBS.

There are far more important things at stake ... as for these less important things like football, i will regret not seeing this group dominate in 2020.

fourthandshort

Total Red said:
fourthandshort said:
TR .. it's pretty obvious we've fallen off the national radar once Kobe Buffalomeat was dismissed from roster .....

Buffalo were meant to roam. He's gone, it's over, it happens. But look at what we have right in front of us. We have an All-American Left Tackle - Drew Himmelman. We shouldn't wait until he's about to get drafted to start paying attn to him. He's here for one more season. You'll pay a lot more to see him live after that.

youre seriously asking me to get more excited about a guy named Drew Himmelman over a guy named Kobe Buffalomeat ... seriously? I think my dad once bought a vacuum from a traveling salesman named Drew Himmelman or something like that.

:lol:

fourthandshort

Total Red said:
fourthandshort said:

youre seriously asking me to get more excited about a guy named Drew Himmelman over a guy named Kobe Buffalomeat ... seriously? I think my dad once bought a vacuum from a traveling salesman named Drew Himmelman or something like that.

:lol:

Great movie quip !

StLRedbird

fourthandshort said:
StLRedbird said:

Thing i will miss most IF ... they cancel college football this fall ? Watch our DL group take another step forwardvthis year. Our top 5 from our front 3 DL position group all return this season ... going to go out on limb and say this should be THE top DL group in FCS. Probably top 40 for FBS.

There are far more important things at stake ... as for these less important things like football, i will regret not seeing this group dominate in 2020.
You can book a roundtrip flight today from STL to FAR for $143 Arrive Fri Oct 2 Depart Sun Oct 4. One of the best atmospheres in college football and the airport is literally across the street from the Fargodome. If I had ANY confidence that they were going to play a game in there with spectators, I'd be all over it.

Any thoughts on whether the Illini game will be played? We might get wore down by their FBS numbers of bodies, but I don't think so.

fourthandshort

StLRedbird said:
fourthandshort said:
StLRedbird said:

You can book a roundtrip flight today from STL to FAR for $143 Arrive Fri Oct 2 Depart Sun Oct 4. One of the best atmospheres in college football and the airport is literally across the street from the Fargodome. If I had ANY confidence that they were going to play a game in there with spectators, I'd be all over it.

Any thoughts on whether the Illini game will be played? We might get wore down by their FBS numbers of bodies, but I don't think so.

Eh ... i think the BEST case scenario is they cancel all nonconf games. I think more likely scenario is they postpone fall season until spring and figure out those campus logistics. Worst case is cancel 2020 fall season for all sports and hope for best with winter sports.

As for Illini .. i think our DL will give them fits and our DB group will hold their own. Offensively, our OL should do ok but not feeling good about our offense ... way too much youth for early season FBS game. But we could probably hold our own and compete, but will really struggle to move the ball or score. I see game like 21 - 10.

StLRedbird

fourthandshort said:
Eh ... i think the BEST case scenario is they cancel all nonconf games. I think more likely scenario is they postpone fall season until spring and figure out those campus logistics. Worst case is cancel 2020 fall season for all sports and hope for best with winter sports.

As for Illini .. i think our DL will give them fits and our DB group will hold their own. Offensively, our OL should do ok but not feeling good about our offense ... way too much youth for early season FBS game. But we could probably hold our own and compete, but will really struggle to move the ball or score. I see game like 21 - 10.
Great analysis, 4th. This sucks because I think we've got a legit shot at taking down the Illini. They will not outclass us the way Iowa did a few years back.

Here's an AP news analysis of the return of college sports. In a nutshell, they say it will trigger off of a return to normal on-campus operations. Schools are definitely motivated financially to get their students back for the fall. Would you send your son or daughter, though? I wouldn't, knowing what I know today. Events are moving so quickly...

https://apnews.com/310d4643e316e409da185b988faa181f

CaliRdBrd

Really hoping this season isn’t delayed/cancelled as I’m dying to see us stomp the Illini. Any word on what the season status is?

fourthandshort

StLRedbird said:
fourthandshort said:

Great analysis, 4th. This sucks because I think we've got a legit shot at taking down the Illini. They will not outclass us the way Iowa did a few years back.

Here's an AP news analysis of the return of college sports. In a nutshell, they say it will trigger off of a return to normal on-campus operations. Schools are definitely motivated financially to get their students back for the fall. Would you send your son or daughter, though? I wouldn't, knowing what I know today. Events are moving so quickly...

https://apnews.com/310d4643e316e409da185b988faa181f

I think we will/would do well in trenches and compete .. but I think they are starting to finally figure things out under Lovie. But without a legit offense, I'm thinking our chance of winning is maybe 25/75. Illini is better than NIU .. we'll need a few breaks to win that game.

I would struggle to send my kids to campus based on what we know today. But we'll see how it goes from here.

Top Bottom