Let's talk bu @ Illinois State

DoubleDeuce

After listening to Muller and Fish talking about this game in the post-game radio interview Saturday...I'm thinking ISU will have the mental and emotional advantage. Bradley clearly dominated the first match-up, and all things being equal that could happen again...but I don't think all things will be equal. The Birds are hungry for this one and I expect a bigger and louder student section which will feed the team's energy. Weirdle doesn't have an easy task getting his team emotionally prepared for this one. The Birds are playing a lot better than in late January. I actually feel better about this one than the season finale at Evansville.

Birds 75
Peoria Bums 65

WoodlandWarrior

Back in the day when I took Just-In-Time Manufacturing at Bradley, one of my favorite pranks was to browse the Bradley bookstore and ask if they had any ISU apparel. The clerks never got the humor. I’m not sure that they even understood that my inquiry was in jest. Now the area surrounding the BU campus is dangerous.

Redbirdfan76

Redbirds play better at home. I am calling it Redbirds 65 Bradley 63. What is everyone else’s s score prediction?

ISU86

as much as I would like to take this one and get to, dare I have to say, ten wins (since I really think E-ville will be fired up for Senior Day and to not go 0-18 in-conference) ... I have a sinking feeling this one, despite a good crowd, manages to elude us

Kaboom! 69, Reggie 68

Birdswin

Hoping Birds win 78-75 - because we will need to score above average to win.

My gut says Birds lose 82-68.

If Copeland and Hillsman keep throwing the ball at the basket instead of shooting the ball plus the 7 turnovers, will kill the Birds. They have to play within the offensive structure - not get jealous of others making baskets. Then, maybe there will be a chance.

Redbird Alum 2004

I think the Birds take this one. I am hoping Reeves has his second wind and is lights out shooting the rest of the year. Fisher stays strong. We get a good crowd and the guys start to get some confidence going. Copeland gets it going again. Should be fun. Birds 72 Gargoyles 63

Redbird60451

The 6pm tv start time screws them up. They forget to bring their shooting shoes till half time. They come out after halftime and start to make it a game, but in the end fall short unfortunately. Was really hoping they'd overlook us because they host Loyal on Saturday, but my gut feeling says no. 72 - 65 Future Gas Attendants.

I was going to go out on a limb and say 7,000+ fans because people would travel from P Town, but it's a Wednesday night with an early start. So I think we will be lucky to have 5500.

Loyl2u

First everybody should remember that Bradley didn’t have their best big man(Childs) nor their highest scoring guard(Brown), so after losing by 12 to their second string, it honestly doesn’t look good. But, in the first game, maybe because of the absence of Child’s(?), the Birds played 2f/3G offense for a total of 10:23 and were +1; Birds played1F/4G for 29:37 and were -11.

The staff has shown a willingness to return more minutes to 2F/3G lineup since the return of Bruninga. Also, Idowu didn’t play against Bradley and Ndiaye only played 20 minutes. Fisher has returned to early season form, especially when accompanied by Idowu or Ndiaye and staff have been giving Rey more minutes recently.

If the Birds play 2F/3G for 25+minutes, I say that the game is within 5 points and I’ll take ISU at home. If the Birds play 16+ minutes of 1F/4G, my guess is that the Birds lose again and by more than 5.

Also, in the first Bradley game, Ndiaye/4G was +4, Fisher/4G was -15.

TBS_20

think you guys are overestimating how many people are going to make it to the arena on a snowy day with crappy road conditions to see a team with single digit wins.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Loyl2u said:
First everybody should remember that Bradley didn’t have their best big man(Childs) nor their highest scoring guard(Brown), so after losing by 12 to their second string, it honestly doesn’t look good. But, in the first game, maybe because of the absence of Child’s(?), the Birds played 2f/3G offense for a total of 10:23 and were +1; Birds played1F/4G for 29:37 and were -11.

The staff has shown a willingness to return more minutes to 2F/3G lineup since the return of Bruninga. Also, Idowu didn’t play against Bradley and Ndiaye only played 20 minutes. Fisher has returned to early season form, especially when accompanied by Idowu or Ndiaye and staff have been giving Rey more minutes recently.

If the Birds play 2F/3G for 25+minutes, I say that the game is within 5 points and I’ll take ISU at home. If the Birds play 16+ minutes of 1F/4G, my guess is that the Birds lose again and by more than 5.
Childs and Brown are back.

https://www.pjstar.com/sports/20200225/bradleys-big-guns-back-for-rematch-with-illinois-state

gobirds85

I believe we have moments where we look good, but in the end, just can't close the deal.

it sucks to bu 72
Birds 65

Phantom

Been awhile since our games with BU were really big...as in, both teams good at the same time, impact in standings on the line and lots of hype surrounding the game. 2009 maybe? It'll be fun when it's like that again, but for now I'm sadly going to say:

Them 71
Us 63

5,216 in the arena. 11 students manage to stand up all game.

Top Bottom