Legends Room Meals

Redmax

I think today’s meal was probably the worst we’ve ever had in the Legends room. We had 3 choices, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs & bacon bits, or scrambled eggs and sausage bits! Our group wasn’t alone, as I heard other comments. Not sure what’s going on with whomever is in charge, but asking people to pay to give the money we do for that kind of meal we’ll skip it in the future. 2 bottles of water for $6.00 just kinda added fuel to the flames.

SgtHulka

There are starving children in China who would love the bacon bits

TIMMY

Redmax said:
I think today’s meal was probably the worst we’ve ever had in the Legends room. We had 3 choices, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs & bacon bits, or scrambled eggs and sausage bits! Our group wasn’t alone, as I heard other comments. Not sure what’s going on with whomever is in charge, but asking people to pay to give the money we do for that kind of meal we’ll skip it in the future. 2 bottles of water for $6.00 just kinda added fuel to the flames.
That's not bad. It's pitiful. Their food cost is about what? 50 cents. :oops:

ChiRedbirdfan

cost aside and at a minimum they have to provide some variety which includes healthy and less healthy foods. Last time I was in in there it was all deep fried foods/chips as well as no veggies or fruit. easy fix...have a different person do the ordering and select someone to order that is health conscious.

PurpleRedbird

I agree. My wife and I have passes and don't even bother going down most games. The way its handled is certainly not a perk in ny eyes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JHBird

I heard they are raising the donation amounts to qualify for the legend's room. Anybody else hear that? I've only been down there once. I had four beers and it cost me a small fortune. By the way, isn't all the food donated? Why raise the cost to the donors?

birdlife

i wonder if the revenue they get from the redbird room passes alone is whats stopping them from offering beer at the concession stands.

chuckie1980

Does the city of Normal still capitalize on establishments that serve alcohol....to profit more from non-alcoholic income? That was a big 70s thing...and I assume it continues.

Redbirdwarrior

I'm nowhere near the level of donor to be invited into the Legend's Room, but this sounds pretty garbage. I'd like to think that the University would want the Legend's Room to be a true VIP experience, especially as they are rolling out new expensive courtside seats.

As much as a snob as I may sound, I'd expect a guy cutting prime rib, ham or tenderloin more or less every time there was an event up there before I'd expect the Holiday Inn Tuesday breakfast.

Setting these things up is not nearly as expensive or difficult as the University seems to think and pays off huge with the donors.

bb fan

I don't think there is any question we would make more offering alcohol to everyone. But the biggest reason to do it is that it might bring more fans to the games in the first place. More butts in the seats.

Birdman07

bb fan said:
I don't think there is any question we would make more offering alcohol to everyone. But the biggest reason to do it is that it might bring more fans to the games in the first place. More butts in the seats.

Legalize marijuana and sell brownies!!!

JHBird

Redbirdwarrior said:
I'm nowhere near the level of donor to be invited into the Legend's Room, but this sounds pretty garbage. I'd like to think that the University would want the Legend's Room to be a true VIP experience, especially as they are rolling out new expensive courtside seats.

As much as a snob as I may sound, I'd expect a guy cutting prime rib, ham or tenderloin more or less every time there was an event up there before I'd expect the Holiday Inn Tuesday breakfast.

Setting these things up is not nearly as expensive or difficult as the University seems to think and pays off huge with the donors.

For years I wanted to get into that room, just for one game. I thought it would be a posh setting, with nice wood paneling, polished marble floors, and of course free beer. Nothing legend about it, but I'm glad I got there once.

Birdman07

That's because they don't do it right. They're trying to bleed every dollar dry. Tickets should cost $75 and get free beer and and buffet like at the Cardinals game.

SgtHulka

Word is they're planning a major upgrade for the next game

donald-trump-fast-food.jpg

DWRedbird

I'll be honest the Legends Room has always had a real kind of dumpy run down vibe to me. I can remember first going in there with my dad when we got the passes and thinking it was going to be swanky, and then we get in there and the paint is chipping off the walls and it looks largely like they tried to just stuff you in a back room somewhere. The meals, while I'd enjoy most of them, are not what I'd expect from an area they kind of build up to be exclusive and top shelf. But, I haven't been in there in over a year (if someone wants to go in and check it out, PM and I'll be happy to give up my passes before a game) so maybe it has changed.

Tpguy

I've been there once and it was 10 x better than the Super Bowl party at Hulka's house last year, where you even had to take your own toilet paper.

SgtHulka

Tpguy said:
I've been there once and it was 10 x better than the Super Bowl party at Hulka's house last year, where you even had to take your own toilet paper.

And needed to use it A LOT after eating the food

normalbird

The menu is at the discretion of the restaurant for the day. Sunday was a misfire by Times Past Inn. Too bad, it would’ve been a perfect day for Art’s chili, IMO among the best in B/N. Next to the overpriced bottled water is a free water cooler. Last year Hyvee was the sole provider and got pretty lax by the end of the season. Several other current and former MVC teams have 3-4 meal levels, with the top being a steak dinner.

I am disappointed that the Athletic Department apparently did not solicit fan/donor input for the reseating project. Food price and quality, both in the Legends room and at the concession stands, would’ve been high on my priority list.