@Kentucky - 12/29/23 - 6 pm - SEC Network

crazzymark

If ISU beats the trader Reeves and Kentucky, then I will start thinking of having a cup of the cool aid. The sad thing is that even if the Redbirds win, season ticket holders won't show up for home games.

TBS_20

If ISU beats the trader Reeves and Kentucky, then I will start thinking of having a cup of the cool aid. The sad thing is that even if the Redbirds win, season ticket holders won't show up for home games.
there should be a rule if you dont have someone come to 70% of the games you cannot renew the next year. just blocks of seats with nobody.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to add my little write up.

Obviously a blue blood and ranked #8 or #10 in the country. I'm not going over their schedule, they have beat every one they played except Kansas and UNC Willimington (so weird). Former Redbird Antiono Reeves leads the team with 18.3 ppg, including 45.5% from 3. Also he avgs 4 rbs a game and a a little over 1 assist a game. In fact, 6 players avg at least 9.9 points a game.

Going to be a test. Last non-conference game of the season.

Phantom

My gut prediction is to just play hard, give them a fight and keep it respectable...within 10-15.

On the other hand, maybe we catch them in an Xmas break lull, we come out hot, shut down AR and slug one out at Rupp. Sooner or later we're gonna snag an unexpected win over a top P5. It worked for Evansville. Why not us? :cool:

ISU86

This will be Coach Pedon's second match-up against a Power Five opponent and first one on the road (the 'birds fell behind by 27 points (45-18) before losing to Louisiana State, 77-61, at the Cayman Islands Classic last season).

Both teams coming off both extended eight day AND Holiday at home breaks, plus their respective conference schedules resume on the road immediately following their non-conference finales. Hard to gauge how these could affect the overall quality of play. One (or both) teams could be exceedingly sloppy.

We have a tendency to have prolonged lulls in the first half, and if that occurs in Lexington the likes of Blake, Davis, Pence, Schmitt, Sissoko and Stadelman may see more minutes in the game than the norm.

Hoping the boys come out and play more like the latter three quarters of the Southeast Missouri State game (and do so without the seemingly standard flat spot) and that Kentucky is still savoring their road win at in-state rival Louisville while looking toward their match-up at Florida (as opposed to Illinois State not doing the same at Drake) and be somewhat susceptible, keeping this game semi-close.

Raise a glass to a walk-on free Friday!

NR Redbirds 69
#8 Wildcats 80

Redbird Alum 2004

I plan on letting Reeves know he is a Redbird for life before the game starts. Maybe that will throw off their best player.
seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

SgtHulka

If ISU doesn't JUMP on trademarking Trader Reeves as a kiosk at Redbird Arena selling casual Redbird apparel, then there is something wrong with the world.

ISU86

The Egg Nog was apparently cold, refreshing, and in ample supply.

normalbird

Sarge and 86, you are both to be commended for your gentle exchanges with a commenter less adept with the written word. New Year’s resolutions?

redbirdron1

I’m afraid this game can get ugly quickly. Unique thing is I’ll b going thru Lexington tomorrow and I just see no need to stop and watch this one. No kool aid - I just hope we represent ourselves well and play smart ball.

We better hit 3’s very well tomorrow as I just can’t imagine Myles being able to get off a shot inside. We’ve been a poor 3 pt shooting team all year so maybe they let us hoist away.

Reggie Redbird

there should be a rule if you dont have someone come to 70% of the games you cannot renew the next year. just blocks of seats with nobody.
How would the department fund the things you want if they did that? Given thousands of dollars in revenue for a couple seats in the lower bowl, the department would be silly to even consider that unless someone is underwriting a 7-figure gift each year to offset that.

TBS_20

How would the department fund the things you want if they did that? Given thousands of dollars in revenue for a couple seats in the lower bowl, the department would be silly to even consider that unless someone is underwriting a 7-figure gift each year to offset that.
brennan would have figured it out!

BirdAlum2K15

3 keys to Victory:

1. Bring the INTENSITY. Kentucky will likely be asleep early in this game due to break/not taking this game seriously. Take advantage and hold a lead into the 12 minute media timeout.

2. Get back down the court. Kentucky plays at a pace faster than we're used to, we have to get back down to our end of the court after we shoot. Going to have to sacrifice some offensive boards for this one.

3. Bench play. To compete in this game, we need someone from the bench to shine. Thinking Kasubke or Davis needs to get hot.

Take care of business and let's HAVE A DAY!!

Redbird222

1. Rebound defensively
2. Draw fouls and don't get in foul trouble
3. Not our strength but long efficient offensive possessions. 5 of their top 7 are freshman and we need defensive lapses coupled with poor shot selection because those Freshman are frustrated playing defense

Last edited:
Top Bottom