JMU - NDSU

Chi-bird

Very impressive opening drive by JMU. 17 plays, 86 yards, nearly all of the plays were positive yards. Ran the ball well.

NDSU answers on the back of Trey Lance, who moves the Bison down the field and scores a rushing touchdown, only to see it inexplicably ruled that he was dow at the 1/2 yard line. Not sure how that was over-rule-able???

Anyways, 7-7 early.

MadBird

Reminded me some of the weather we had in Frisco, altho we were dry. I assured Mrs. MadBird it would be nice in Texas, 30 degrees warmer than Madison. It was - it was 0 that day in Madison!

Had high hopes when JMU drove down right away, but the Bizen woke up. I know I should pull for the MVFC, but somehow would like to see the Bizen get a little humbling.

fourthandshort

Bison looking strong after very even start to game. Fake FG for TD ... now up 21-10 mid Q2.

QB Lance looking like the Payton Award winner he now is. He has 13 of of 21 rushes I think. Strong in pocket against that JMU pass rush.

edit .. he has 14 of 20 rushes for Bison

fourthandshort

QB Lance nnot throwing a lot .. but on 3 deep balls, they drew 3 PIs. So that is keeping JMU defense very honest.

Adunk33

Staff member
I am pulling for the Bizon in this game. The first drive, the JMU oline absolutely destroyed NDSUs dline. Since, it’s really been all Bizen.

Those not watching, here are some key highlights.
Bizen have scored on two trick plays. One was a fake double reverse pass, meaning the original wr who got the ball faked the reverse and kept it for a TD. Fake Philly Special if you will. The other one was a fake field goal. Ball is snapped, holder picks it up and runs it in.
Other key moment, the Bizen froze the JMU kicker and he doubled a FG that would’ve made the score 21-13, Bizen.

I was surprised NDSU didn’t try to score again before the half. After the missed FG there was a little less than 2 min on the clock and they had 2 timeouts. They ran the clock down to less than a minute, then I think they realized how much time was left. I mean, less than 2 minutes is plenty of time to score... all they need is 1:37...

Chi-bird

Lance has looked great in the pocket, but his deep throws have been very erratic. It could be the 16 mph wind, but it's creating some pass interference calls as the WR has to work back towards the middle of the field to have a chance. He's been so tough as a runner, though.

I think NDSU has also overcome some questionable calls. I have to think Lance may end up with 30 rushing attempts today!

Should be a good 2nd half.

Not sure who I want to win. On one hand, I'm pulling for the MVFC, but on the other hand, NDSU winning year in and year out might not be a good thing for FCS.....it's difficult to tell.

fourthandshort

Adunk33 said:
I am pulling for the Bizon in this game. The first drive, the JMU oline absolutely destroyed NDSUs dline. Since, it’s really been all Bizen.

Those not watching, here are some key highlights.
Bizen have scored on two trick plays. One was a fake double reverse pass, meaning the original wr who got the ball faked the reverse and kept it for a TD. Fake Philly Special if you will. The other one was a fake field goal. Ball is snapped, holder picks it up and runs it in.
Other key moment, the Bizen froze the JMU kicker and he doubled a FG that would’ve made the score 21-13, Bizen.

I was surprised NDSU didn’t try to score again before the half. After the missed FG there was a little less than 2 min on the clock and they had 2 timeouts. They ran the clock down to less than a minute, then I think they realized how much time was left. I mean, less than 2 minutes is plenty of time to score...
all they need is 1:37.

still way too soon dude !!!!

:x

fourthandshort

so JMU is the #1 rush defense in FCS at 61 ypg and #2 in rush ypc at 2.22. So far today, they've given up 208 yards on 38 rushes .. just under 7 ypc .. with Q4 still to play.

We gave up just 128 yards on 43 carries for entire game.

fourthandshort

fourthandshort said:
so JMU is the #1 rush defense in FCS at 61 ypg and #2 in rush ypc at 2.22. So far today, they've given up 208 yards on 38 rushes .. just under 7 ypc .. with Q4 still to play.

We gave up just 128 yards on 43 carries for entire game.

uh .. add 44 more rush yards given up by JMU ... NDSU now has 252 rush yards on 39 rushes

fourthandshort

now 28-13 .. NDSU just had easy pick and dropped it. JMU will have to punt .. 14 mins left in game.

Chi-bird

Nice D-stand there on 4th down by JMU. I think it was the right call to go for it, but I didn't particularly like the goal line bunched-up set.

Top Bottom