ISU well represented with Emmy Nominations

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Especially in the category of Best Comedy Series, half of the shows have ISU ties:

- Brendan Hunt, class of 1996 plays Coach Beard on "Ted Lasso" and is also a writer on the show
- Jane Lynch, class of 1992 plays Sophie Lennon on "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel". Jane won Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series in 2019 for the same role.
- Reggie Hays, class of 1991 plays Superintendent Denzel Collins in "Abbott Elementary"
- Paulina Pahl, class of 2014 was in season 2 of "The Bear"

Pretty impressive! Proud Redbirds!

RedbirdSoxFan

Especially in the category of Best Comedy Series, half of the shows have ISU ties:

- Brendan Hunt, class of 1996 plays Coach Beard on "Ted Lasso" and is also a writer on the show
- Jane Lynch, class of 1992 plays Sophie Lennon on "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel". Jane won Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series in 2019 for the same role.
- Reggie Hays, class of 1991 plays Superintendent Denzel Collins in "Abbott Elementary"
- Paulina Pahl, class of 2014 was in season 2 of "The Bear"

Pretty impressive! Proud Redbirds!
A few other past winners:
John Malkovich
Sean Hayes
Laurie Metcalf

MadBird

I read something recently saying Malkovich came to ISU as a 270 lb guy looking to walk on the FB team. That sounded totally wack to me, he never seemed like a FB type guy (and seems like he would have had to lose a lot of weight), but who knows? Anyone heard that or know that its totally off?

Our theater and fine arts department is very distinguished. Rondi Reed has been on Broadway and TV and received a Tony Award. I'm sure there's others out there.

Moire Harris, distinguished in her own right and also Mrs. Gary Sinise.

Hamdonger

I read something recently saying Malkovich came to ISU as a 270 lb guy looking to walk on the FB team. That sounded totally wack to me, he never seemed like a FB type guy (and seems like he would have had to lose a lot of weight), but who knows? Anyone heard that or know that its totally off?
You can tell a lot about the way a guy runs...and Malkovich runs like an athlete.

And for your viewing pleasure:

There's a clip out there with Benny Hill music in the background but couldn't find it. But all due respect here, Seagal can snap an arm like a toothpick with the best of them.

Top Bottom