Ineligibilty Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey_Guidry4three

Per several sources, there is great concerns that a couple redbirds will not be eligible to play for the first part of this season. I really hope this is not the case, both guys are really good dudes and have waited long enough to play...

ChiRedbirdfan

Trey_Guidry4three said:
Per several sources, there is great concerns that a couple redbirds will not be eligible to play for the first part of this season. I really hope this is not the case, both guys are really good dudes and have waited long enough to play...
That should be a known by now as the new semester has started? .... unless they expect them to fail this upcoming semester :D.

I have no idea who it might be but once was thinking how hard it must be to communicate in the classroom if a basketball player, after playing many years of basketball, can not communicate on a fast break. I hope I am wrong on my thought.

Redbird60451

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:
That should be a known by now as the new semester has started? .... unless they expect them to fail this upcoming semester :D.

I have no idea who it might be but once was thinking how hard it must be to communicate in the classroom if a basketball player, after playing many years of basketball, can not communicate on a fast break. I hope I am wrong on my thought.

Fake News. Semester has started as Chi says, grades from the summer session are pretty much final, so there's nothing the player could do with out getting on his knees and begging some professor to re-grade his final paper or some crap like that.
And you either name names or keep it to yourself because a ambiguous statement does nothing but stir the pot on this board and it's really not news, nor does it spawn any conversation, which is what a Fan Board is supposed to be for. But 4 weeks from now Trey will pat him self on the back when someone is not eligible, and say 'see i told you' but because he doesn't name anyone it could be any of 15 people listed on the roster, or maybe its one of our student assistant coaches (if I remember our student coaches are pretty damn good and always seem to go far in their little tourney, hate to see any of those guys ineligible due to grades) . This is so garbage.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I'll allow for now, but if this degrades into a pot stirring or nothing happens in the next couple of days it's coming down.

RedbirdSoxFan

I would guess that any player who had eligibility issues, or grade issues, would not have made the overseas trip. The only player that I can recall not playing on that trip is Taylor Bruninga, and I doubt that he has eligibility issues.

Trey_Guidry4three

Redbird60451 said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:

Fake News. Semester has started as Chi says, grades from the summer session are pretty much final, so there's nothing the player could do with out getting on his knees and begging some professor to re-grade his final paper or some crap like that.
And you either name names or keep it to yourself because a ambiguous statement does nothing but stir the pot on this board and it's really not news, nor does it spawn any conversation, which is what a Fan Board is supposed to be for. But 4 weeks from now Trey will pat him self on the back when someone is not eligible, and say 'see i told you' but because he doesn't name anyone it could be any of 15 people listed on the roster, or maybe its one of our student assistant coaches (if I remember our student coaches are pretty damn good and always seem to go far in their little tourney, hate to see any of those guys ineligible due to grades) . This is so garbage.

Kind of like Hein transferring was fake news too? And if anyone knew anything, they would understand there are several ways that players can become ineligible. Just because the semester started does not mean there isn't an investigation or issue that has risen (hint, hint).

ricohill

I've contact my sources. Not hearing anything about this. Seems like much ado about nothing.

However, with Muller you never know. I haven't checked Bradley fans to see if they have check the police reports.

Trey_Guidry4three

TIMMY said:
What school did Copeland transfer to? It escapes me.

Again, if you knew a fraction of what goes on with redbird basketball you would understand that Cope was very close to leaving. Maybe you should check yourself before you wreck yourself, brah.

RedbirdSoxFan

Where was he going? He used up four of his five years, so he could not sit one-play one. He did not graduate, so he could not grad-transfer. His only option was D-II or overseas.

TIMMY

Trey_Guidry4three said:
TIMMY said:

Again, if you knew a fraction of what goes on with redbird basketball you would understand that Cope was very close to leaving. Maybe you should check yourself before you wreck yourself, brah.
It ain't horseshoes brah.

The Beak

Trey_Guidry4three said:
TIMMY said:

Blah blah blah ... every program, every workplace, every family has drama. Each of those entities has folks threatening to take themselves elsewhere. Shoot, I've said that a couple times about my workplace, yet 20+ years later, here I am.

The only difference is there wasn't someone like you, Jamar and johnbjacobheimerschmidt cheering on the drama.

Quinn I think it's time to bring this puppy down.

ricohill

The Beak said:
Trey_Guidry4three said:
TIMMY said:

Blah blah blah ... every program, every workplace, every family has drama. Each of those entities has folks threatening to take themselves elsewhere. Shoot, I've said that a couple times about my workplace, yet 20+ years later, here I am.

The only difference is there wasn't someone like you, Jamar and johnbjacobheimerschmidt cheering on the drama.

Quinn I think it's time to bring this puppy down.

I bet you are a ton of fun at parties. Why is the go to for certain ppl to lock every thread??

Trey_Guidry4three

SgtHulka said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dZ6s2EcpL0

Aren't you the guy trying to be "white gangsta" wearing that creepy tank top at the redbirds open practice a few weeks ago?

SgtHulka

Trey_Guidry4three said:
SgtHulka said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dZ6s2EcpL0

Aren't you the guy trying to be "white gangsta" wearing that creepy tank top at the redbirds open practice a few weeks ago?

The Redbird shirt I bought in a store? OK. Do you have mental issues? Why are you stalking me? This feels a bit too creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom