Illinois State:MVC All-Sports Champion

Adunk33

Staff member
https://goredbirds.com/news/2019/5/28/general-illinois-state-wins-2018-19-missouri-valley-conference-all-sport-trophy.aspx?fbclid=IwAR14b0jP_kwByhXtgMzGBQcuFwEvJcfCQhbP9Spekn4-Hu73muy_RytRSVw

Shout out to women's tennis, baseball, men's and women's track and field, and volleyball.

Adunk33

Staff member
https://www.facebook.com/ISURedbirds/videos/297405934544302/UzpfSTE5MTUyOTg4ODIwNTc0NzozMzE4MzQ4Mzc1MDg1ODQ/

ricohill

I guess it’s good we win at the lower tier sports? Pretty shallow victory when Men’s basketball and football finish near the bottom of the standings.

Extend Lyons. We must continue dominating the MVC in non-revenue sports. It’s the path of least resistance to greatness!!

Hamdonger

TheTruth said:
isuquinndog said:
FIRE LARRY!

Agreed, It's time. Being named the tallest midget shouldn't be enough to let him continue.

Appreciate you refereing to our hard-working dedicated student athletes as tall midgets. That's nice. Sweet, actually.

TheTruth

Humdinger said:
TheTruth said:
isuquinndog said:
FIRE LARRY!

Agreed, It's time. Being named the tallest midget shouldn't be enough to let him continue.

Appreciate you refereing to our hard-working dedicated student athletes as tall midgets. That's nice. Sweet, actually.

LOL, I didn’t..... but nice try, I guess

ChiRedbirdfan

Humdinger said:
TheTruth said:
isuquinndog said:
FIRE LARRY!

Who should receive a sizable amount of credit are all the ISU university students who subsidize the ISU Athletic Dept budget so that ISU Athletics can outspend nearly all of the public MVC member universities by a sizable amount. I suspect ISU Athletics spends more that most, if not all, private MVC universities too.

gobirds85

Congrats to all the Redbird athletes that made this happen. Great job, gang!

Thank God we have Larry Lyons in charge, without him who knows where we would have finished.

DWRedbird

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Humdinger said:
TheTruth said:

Who should receive a sizable amount of credit are all the ISU university students who subsidize the ISU Athletic Dept budget so that ISU Athletics can outspend nearly all of the public MVC member universities by a sizable amount. I suspect ISU Athletics spends more that most, if not all, private MVC universities too.

Didn't Mark Adams tweet out in March the athletic budgets of the MVC schools, that showed ISU as the 8/10, higher only than SIU and INSU? Or was that only basketball budgets?

TIMMY

ricohill said:
I guess it’s good we win at the lower tier sports? Pretty shallow victory when Men’s basketball and football finish near the bottom of the standings.

Extend Lyons. We must continue dominating the MVC in non-revenue sports. It’s the path of least resistance to greatness!!

There's nothing shallow about those sports or the athletes who play them. You're the shallow one.

ChiRedbirdfan

DWRedbird said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:
Humdinger said:

Didn't Mark Adams tweet out in March the athletic budgets of the MVC schools, that showed ISU as the 8/10, higher only than SIU and INSU? Or was that only basketball budgets?

The following are the 2017 Athletic Department Revenues with the first number being were the particular school ranks nationally, the indicated total revenue which is then followed by the percentage that the university/students make up of the revenue. No similar data on the privates.

113 Illinois State Mo. Valley $27,852,407 68.56
118 Missouri State Mo. Valley $26,374,654 62.64
130 Southern Illinois Mo. Valley $22,722,740 63.14
141 Northern Iowa Mo. Valley $19,497,119 47.62
165 Indiana State Mo. Valley $16,098,113 78.92

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

gobirds85

ChiRedbirdfan said:
DWRedbird said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:

The following are the 2017 Athletic Department Revenues with the first number being were the particular school ranks nationally, the indicated total revenue which is then followed by the percentage that the university/students make up of the revenue. No similar data on the privates.

113 Illinois State Mo. Valley $27,852,407 68.56
118 Missouri State Mo. Valley $26,374,654 62.64
130 Southern Illinois Mo. Valley $22,722,740 63.14
141 Northern Iowa Mo. Valley $19,497,119 47.62
165 Indiana State Mo. Valley $16,098,113 78.92

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Nothing on the privates??!? I'm sure Bradley's men's soccer team ranks in the top 100. You just can't trust those private school guys, I guess.

Bird Friend

ricohill said:

source.gif

Heaven forbid any of us actually express the tiniest bit of happiness that some of our athletes are seeing some success.

Buffett

Now if our Ncaa tourn quaulifier : Womens tennis can just get an actual toilet and running water, get rid of the "crappy" porta potty, out at their courts.

TIMMY

Buffett said:
Now if our Ncaa tourn quaulifier : Womens tennis can just get an actual toilet and running water, get rid of the "crappy" porta potty, out at their courts.

Really? They haven't done that yet? That's been years.