Hoopfest 2018

Adunk33

Staff member
It is this Friday (10/12) following the volleyball game against Valpo at 6 p.m. The volleyball game is free admission, I recommend going to both. Our VB team is good.

What are you most excited to see at Hoopfest this year?

I'm looking forward to seeing Chastain healthy and seeing what Copeland can do. Technically this is their first year, but they have already been with the program all last season. These two are going to be key contributors and likely in the top 6 rotation come game time. We know what we are getting from the seniors, but who else steps up? I'm thinking these two are primary candidates. I believe Chas to be the spark off the bench, bring the energy, and make everyone on the court play harder. People will find out that Cope is not just a 3 pt shooter. He is a scorer in all facets.

I know we won't see much from a technical standpoint, the scrimmage will be a glorified pickup game, but I can't wait to see these guys on the court.

vbird

Is there a scrimmage this year? Goredbirds press release just mentions the 3 pt contest, dunk contest, and autographs. Scrimmage isn’t mentioned.

Adunk33

Staff member
vbird said:
Is there a scrimmage this year? Goredbirds press release just mentions the 3 pt contest, dunk contest, and autographs. Scrimmage isn’t mentioned.

Good question. I hope there is. Missed opportunity otherwise.

Also, Muller is on the record saying he hates dunk contests. So in the past they've done a layup line where he told the players to dunk.

There has been a scrimmage every year that I have gone. I'm not sure why it would change. Then again, this is the first year I can remember there being a VB game before the event.

SoCalRedbird

Just posted from @Redbird_MBB on Twitter. [emoji109]
8f0b53dc80ae24e2606de59a38d13f6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Adunk33

Staff member
Matt Chastain is going to be in the "Dunk off." That should be the most surprising news we hear out of the ISU basketball program this year.

Adunk33

Staff member
The contest will be between Chastain and Fayne.

SgtHulka

Adunk33 said:
Matt Chastain is going to be in the "Dunk off." That should be the most surprising news we hear out of the ISU basketball program this year.

He was the easy "warm ups dunk off" champion last year

Adunk33

Staff member
3 point competition will be Keyshawn vs Copeland vs Boogie. I think I got Boogie if all they are doing is shooting.

Birdswin

Ok - Why in the world would someone who has had two knee surgeries and is just coming off of the second one, be in a Dunk Contest?????

RedbirdSoxFan

Birdswin said:
Ok - Why in the world would someone who has had two knee surgeries and is just coming off of the second one, be in a Dunk Contest?????

I had same thought. Also thinking this was his 3rd knee surgery (1st @ LeRoy HS, 2nd @ Loyola, 3rd this summer).

Birdman85

If his knee can't handle dunking it probably a max of five times then there is clearly bigger issues.

DannyCooksey

Personally, I'd be more concerned if Chastain WASN'T in the dunk contest. if he's participating in the contest he must not only be medically cleared but feeling good and strong.

He's a good player and he will help this team a lot.

Adunk33

Staff member
DannyCooksey said:
Personally, I'd be more concerned if Chastain WASN'T in the dunk contest. if he's participating in the contest he must not only be medically cleared but feeling good and strong.

He's a good player and he will help this team a lot.

My thought as well. :text-+1:

SgtHulka

Birdswin said:

It was him or Hein

SoCalRedbird

Can anyone provide a recap? How'd the new guys look?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom