Help is on the Way

MadBird

Just found this article (about a month old) with video for one of our recruits from Twin Cities, Savannah McGowan. Seems like a pretty sharp kid. And an inside presence.

Redbird222

Love 6'3 center and how she uses both hands around the rim. Like Cindy, I love how she talked about her teammates and team success

cubird

2 Div.I players in the game with the Benet player going to Indiana. Dowell will play a lot as a freshman.

MadBird

Recruit Molly Lenz from Eden Prairie in Minnesota was named 2nd team all-metro by the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. They are in the Elite Eight in the state tournament, which starts tomorrow.

Dmills

Deanna Wilson coming back for a fifth year is huge news. I didn't even know she had another year left. Team should be in a position to compete for another championship even with loss of Robinson. Hopefully we can work on developing a replacement for Dee Dee with the departure of Jasmine. Should be a indicator that Gillespie is more likely to stay than leave.

Reggie Redbird

I was more worried about our post presence because 1.) foul trouble hurt us and 2.) we have Daijah Smith and Taylor Veach sitting out this year and Abbie Aalsma showed so much as a FR and will benefit from a full offseason here.

I think Smith would have seen a lot of time on the court as an impact player if not for her injury. Everything I’m hearing is that she looked really good in practice. She already has D-1 experience too, so that will help.

The team could also nab a transfer or two with now-open rides from Wright-Gaskins and Green.

Reggie Redbird

You’re adding one of the best 3-pt shooters. Nobody will replace “Mary Can’t Miss” Crompton - one of the best academic student-athletes we will ever have, but you have to be excited that we will get an good attempt to clone her prolific 3-Pt shooting.

A solid FT shooter. She’s not at Wong’s level, but she gives us someone who shoots nearly 80% there and another option at the end of games.

We will lose a lot in Paige and Mary. DW coming back, Maya being a top-notch PG, Daijah getting healthy, Abbie showing a solid game, and a great addition in Caroline. Plus a lot more. This team is working on reloading.

Not meant to be a knock on BU’s staff, but I think our staff will mesh well with Caroline in her development, and we can see even more from her.

MadBird

Well, this help is on the way to Madison, unfortunately. But interesting to see the company Coach G is running with in her recruiting. 6'4 center Alie Bisballe, from Lake City Michigan, is heading to Wisconsin, but was offered by the Redbirds.

The 6-foot-4 forward also had offers from Michigan State, Cleveland State, Illinois State, Bradley, Central Michigan and Western Michigan among a host of others.

MadBird

The Indy Star has an article about the top 25 juniors/Class of 2025 in Indiana HS hoops. #10 is Ryiah Wilson from South Bend Washington. She has an offer from ISU.

Wilson logged eight points and three steals in the 2022 Class 3A final, and she shined within an expanded role as a sophomore, averaging 11 points, four assists and six steals per game. She shot 45% and committed just 52 turnovers over 28 games. She added Ball State, Illinois State and Evansville (among others) to her list of offers during the offseason.

Top Bottom