Future Coaching Candidates

jamminjamarsmiley

I think we can all agree Dan has taking to program to depths we haven't seen since Moser walked the sidelines (although Porter had a much tougher conference to compete against). Would like to start thinking of who may be the next head coach at ISU. Perhaps we can share this with the Larrys.

For reference here is a good starting point (notice Dan not on the list).
https://watchstadium.com/news/jeff-goodmans-college-basketball-coaches-on-the-rise-10-25-2019/

Personally here's a few guys I would consider - However, I do not know if ISU is a step up on any of these programs.

Chris Jans - NMSU
Travis DeCuire -Montana
Earl Grant - College of Charleston
Matt McMahon - Murray St

Looking forward to seeing who else you guys think could be the guy.

B

BirdGrad2011

It’s not happening this year and pointless to project a 2021 coaching change.

Trey_Guidry4three

Why are u posting this? This team just had a big win. Bigger than you would think. They found out a way to win and that is a great sign early in the season. They are battle tested and faced a quality team tonight who has a decent resume this year with wins over robert morris, canisius and fort wayne. All these teams are very well coached with veterans and a rich history in their respective conferences.

Huge win tonight for the birds!

ricohill

If congress can impeach Trump we can all hope for another miracle and Muller leaves.

jamminjamarsmiley

I assumed most on the board would be interested in this discussion based on the downward spiral we are in. I agree, based on Dan's outrageous contract extension, ISU doesnt have the money, or care enough to buy him out.

Maybe he will be like Janko and bail on us after the season. One can dream.

CaliRdBrd

I'm interested in the discussion, for sure. Not going to happen this year, but it doesn't hurt to discuss...and start putting feelers out there (by the administration).

WoodlandWarrior

As a social security recipient who has followed ISU for a long time, I increasingly feel apathy toward the basketball program. Tonight’s win was a squeaker at home against an equally non-competitive program. I’m in the camp supporting a total makeover.

CaliRdBrd

jamminjamarsmiley said:
I think we can all agree Dan has taking to program to depths we haven't seen since Moser walked the sidelines (although Porter had a much tougher conference to compete against). Would like to start thinking of who may be the next head coach at ISU. Perhaps we can share this with the Larrys.

https://watchstadium.com/news/jeff-goodmans-college-basketball-coaches-on-the-rise-10-25-2019/

Personally here's a few guys I would consider - However, I do not know if ISU is a step up on any of these programs.

Chris Jans - NMSU
Travis DeCuire -Montana
Matt McMahon - Murray St

Sadly, none of those programs would likely consider ISU a step up (with the exception of maybe Montana). Probably depends on what ISU could pay vs. what these guys currently making...

Chris Jans (NMSU_ - Jans' contract now runs through the 2022-23 season. His base salary of $290,000
Travis DeCuire (Montana) - $175,000
Earl Grant (College of Charleston) - $651,000
Matt McMahon (Murray St) - $395,000

jamminjamarsmiley

CaliRdBrd said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

Chris Jans - NMSU
Travis DeCuire -Montana
Matt McMahon - Murray St

Sadly, none of those programs would likely consider ISU a step up (with the exception of maybe Montana). Probably depends on what ISU could pay vs. what these guys currently making...

Chris Jans (NMSU_ - Jans' contract now runs through the 2022-23 season. His base salary of $290,000

Nice work on getting salaries. Blown away at Earl Grant's 651K. I do not know much about CoC, but they must have some serious dough for the BBALL program.

ricohill

The problem is Dan has tanked the program to a level where I would be shocked we could get any of these candidates.

What I saw tonight is further proof Muller must go. Win or Lose, that product was garbage. Turnovers, awful shooting, bad post play, terrible defense, the worst offense I’ve ever seen us run. It took UIC handing us the game. It was Chicago State all over again. Time for a change.

Birdfriend72

Trey_Guidry4three said:
Why are u posting this? This team just had a big win. Bigger than you would think. They found out a way to win and that is a great sign early in the season. They are battle tested and faced a quality team tonight who has a decent resume this year with wins over robert morris, canisius and fort wayne. All these teams are very well coached with veterans and a rich history in their respective conferences.

Huge win tonight for the birds!

What’s funny...they won on the same bad shot that they lost on! A three wasn’t necessary! Down by 2..they got lucky!

CaliRdBrd

jamminjamarsmiley said:
CaliRdBrd said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

Chris Jans - NMSU
Travis DeCuire -Montana
Matt McMahon - Murray St

Nice work on getting salaries. Blown away at Earl Grant's 651K. I do not know much about CoC, but they must have some serious dough for the BBALL program.

Or maybe they just give a sh*t.

jamminjamarsmiley

CaliRdBrd said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:
CaliRdBrd said:

Or maybe they just give a sh*t.

True - a refreshing idea

ricohill

TIMMY said:
ricohill said:
TIMMY said:
Rollie Massimino

Great contribution!
Thank you! I know right? About as worthwhile as the rest of this thread.

You are right. Dietz and Lyons are clueless so we will be stuck watching ISU basketball pull off a miracle to beat one of the worst 30 teams in college basketball. #Mullerball

jamminjamarsmiley

TIMMY said:
ricohill said:
TIMMY said:
Rollie Massimino

Great contribution!
Thank you! I know right? About as worthwhile as the rest of this thread.

Timmy you look like a real troll in this thread adding non sense like that. If you have opinions, maybe share them rather then wasting our time with a Rollie massimino post

DWRedbird

CaliRdBrd said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

Chris Jans - NMSU
Travis DeCuire -Montana
Matt McMahon - Murray St

I agree with McMahon not seeing ISU as a step up from Murray, and I don't see us paying enough to get Grant. I can't see Jans coming back to ISU (I personally dont want him, but that is more of a personal thing than a coaching thing). I could see Decuire and he would be interesting.

Another name to look at is possibly Steve Forbes, though he is making 650k roughly at ETSU.

SgtHulka

Can't wait for the next episode of
iu

Top Bottom