@ Evansville 1/19/19

What are we all thinking?

I am expecting a good game for the Birds. I think we win by 8+. (As long as we come out playing and not cold for the first 6 minutes)
:clap:

Hrtnfldhse

If we continue to talk on defense like the 1st half of the SIU game where the defense played well and don't go in a scoring drought of 4+ minutes (shoot 42% or above), I think we win. Winning as many road games as possible is key

DannyCooksey

I wish i could pick us to win a road game but I can't.

I don't think we are ready to win a game at Evansville. Hopefully we don't get blown out but I think we will.

Aces 73
Birds 59

Phantom

We've been awful on the road. A couple near-wins don't count. Can we go in there and take one? Yes. Will we? Maybe, maybe not. I'll say:

Aces 67
Redbirds 63

But could easily be the other way around too.

ISU86

Hall Of Fame weekend at the Ford Center; their three NCAA Division II men's basketball national champions will be inducted.

Given that we beat them earlier AND they are the only conference opponent we did not play to a one possession game (either way), this would appear to be as good an opportunity as any to get a rare road "W" ... but until we get any sort of positive consistency from any five players (beating folks to the punch) for a prolonged period of time:

Redbirds 61
Aces 65

I continue to fear that 2017-2018 KE was the exception rather than the rule (shooting at .311 from the floor (.278 from three), he is only outshooting MH at this point). HCDM continues to laud his defense but I do tend to wonder if he is an overall "net" negative at this point.

chuckie1980

Thanks, Phantom....!
REDBIRDS 67
Aces 63

Your good luck is going my way on Saturday.

Baltimore Bird

Redbirds 60, Aces 57
We play a pretty decent game and so does EU, but we pull it out in the end. The road monkey is gone and we are ready to head to PU.

redbirdron1

Can't visualize us winning on the road. The beloved misfits need the following.

MY needs to control his emotions and do his thing. Offense/possessions have
to run through him. He needs a full 35 minutes.
Phil - do your thing.
Key will b good for a couple of buckets but must not have those silly turnovers. And,
JJ should begin to acquire Key's minutes.
Chas - do your thing.
Coleman too is key. I just never feel he's completely at ease with his role and I'm not sure
what his role is but just play smart and to your capabilities.
This all happens and we win by a decent margin. The chances of this R Slim but I'm hopeful
and I've had my koolaid.

ISU86

redbirdron1 said:

Phil - do your thing.
Key will b good for a couple of buckets but must not have those silly turnovers. And,
Chas - do your thing.
Coleman too is key. I just never feel he's completely at ease with his role and I'm not sure
This all happens and we win by a decent margin. The chances of this R Slim but I'm hopeful
and I've had my koolaid.

I would like to see the scenario where Chastain, Copeland, Fayne, Jefferson and Yarbrough are the starters. Currently, for this particular season, I believe they possess the highest ceilings on the roster and (hopefully) that would mean they are all consistently playing near their best. Evans, Idowu and Tinsley would be the first three of the bench, with Gassman and Hein seeing time as game situations dictate.

ChiRedbirdfan

redbirdron1 said:

Phil - do your thing.
Chas - do your thing.
and I've had my koolaid.
That is a wish list for every Redbird game vs a basketball strategy against Evansville

redbirdron1

86 - agree with you as I'm sure many do.

Muller likes to sell us on Key's D but he probably needs him on the floor more that JJ
because ....... in theory he handles the ball better. JJ's not a PG by any means. JJ too
struggles with keeping his man in front of him.

RedbirdMan

Evansville-64
ISU-60

ISU has their streak of games with around 20 minutes of no offense continue.
Keyshawn goes 2-12.

Top Bottom