Eastern Michigan - 12/7/2022 - 7:00 PM - ESPN+

ISU86

Second of three games in a row on-campus.

Watched the latter part of the Florida Atlantic/EMU game on Sunday after our W. The announcers were imploring the Eagle players to show some pride, as the Owls were essentially doing anything they wanted on offense, and keep FAU from reaching 100. They allowed 101.

EMU likes to score quick, and they do not defend especially hard or well; however, we have wanted to slow tempo (wonder if that serves us or them better for this particular game). They have only one win against Division I competition (at Florida International), although showed well early in a neutral site game versus Michigan.

I think this will be close(r) as there is nothing to show we are long-term consistent at this point.

Redbirds 77, Eagles 70

Phantom

Despite the slop, there's been noticeable sparks the last couple games. The guys are gaining confidence little by little. We win this one.

Tpguy

ESPN+ blacked out the Belmont game here, wonder how often that's going to happen, I watched the replay they had the next day.

Matt Hein Fan

Take away Emoni Bates and this is one of the worst teams in D1 basketball, already sub 300 on KenPom. If Birds can find a way to effectively switch on him and lock him down this should be a 15+ point win. Will be interesting to see who they have on him.

P

Popsto4

Take away Emoni Bates and this is one of the worst teams in D1 basketball, already sub 300 on KenPom. If Birds can find a way to effectively switch on him and lock him down this should be a 15+ point win. Will be interesting to see who they have on him.
There will be another shake up in the Redbirds starting line up for this one too

Redbird28

Even though it makes for interesting discussions on message boards and twitter feeds the bottom line is simple. It doesn't matter who starts. It matters who finishes.

B

BirdGrad2011

Emoni and Noah will get theirs. Keep them to their averages and don’t let any other guys beat us. Should be a win, but weird things happen.

Birds by 10.

Manchester Matt

Yes they were. While not putting up big numbers offensively, with Mal on the floor the team have committed 11 less turnovers. Mal have suffered a loss of a very close cousin this morning. I ask this board to pray for our family.
My thoughts are with you, Mal and the rest of the family. My son and Mal hit it off at the weeklong summer camp this year, so we are definitely thinking about your family at this difficult time.

DaveBird10

Yes they were. While not putting up big numbers offensively, with Mal on the floor the team have committed 11 less turnovers. Mal have suffered a loss of a very close cousin this morning. I ask this board to pray for our family.
Sorry for your loss and prayers for your entire family.

Redbird222

So sorry to hear about you loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

GOP_Redbird

Kurt Pegler didn’t work all these years to get pushed off the call when one of the best players in the country comes to town. We want Pegler!

Top Bottom