Different configuration at Scottrade?

Birdswin

So why do you think the end zones are set-up differently at Scottrade Center for the SEC tournament versus Arch Madness??? They have the bands on the floor, instead back up in the stands - is one difference I see.

Also, looks like a lot more empty seats tonight versus our Friday night.

Red75

I haven't read every page on this thread, so apologies if this has been said, but in my opinion the crowd looked thin

RBFANTOO

Did anyone think the crowd looked thin? :)
51TWmHG3kJL._SL1024_.jpg

Chicagobirdfan

Birdswin said:
So why do you think the end zones are set-up differently at Scottrade Center for the SEC tournament versus Arch Madness??? They have the bands on the floor, instead back up in the stands - is one difference I see.

Also, looks like a lot more empty seats tonight versus our Friday night.
Crowd did not look thin during Kentucky game IMO. Most must not have come back for night games.

bombay

If the crowd is thin, they're bucking the American trend.

bb fan

Hearing that the crowds are down for the SEC tourney. Word is because so many of the schools are along ways to the Arch. Lots of grumbling about the B10 tourney being in New York this year.

I really wonder what the opinion of these "national conferences" will be a few years from now. Yep, the cable TV $$$ is pretty big, but the travel is proving to be a killer even for P5's. I also think these conferences are losing their identity.

RedbirdSoxFan

bb fan said:
Hearing that the crowds are down for the SEC tourney. Word is because so many of the schools are along ways to the Arch.

I really wonder what the opinion of these "national conferences" will be a few years from now. Yep, the cable TV $$$ is pretty big, but the travel is proving to be a killer even for P5's.

Wichita State playing in Orlando..Guessing the shocker crowd (although not too bad) is much smaller then what would have been at the Scottrade Center.
And it's a long way from Omaha, Nebraska to New York City. Bet the BlueJay fans love that (although, I would not be complaining if I had to follow the Redbirds to a Power 6 conference tournament someday)

bb fan

The first year Blue Jay fans were really down on all the travel in the BE. Their closest conference foe is in Chicago. A long drive. Especially the conference tourney. Have not hear much since, but I have been out of touch with this folks since.

And keep in mind Shocker fans were complaining some about St. Louis. Wanted it in KC every other year. Yeah, Florida would be quite the trek for them.

RedbirdSoxFan

bb fan said:
The first year Blue Jay fans were really down on all the travel in the BE. Their closest conference foe is in Chicago. A long drive. Especially the conference tourney. Have not hear much since, but I have been out of touch with this folks since.

And keep in mind Shocker fans were complaining some about St. Louis. Wanted it in KC every other year. Yeah, Florida would be quite the trek for them.

Not only the travel from Omaha, Nebraska, but the cost of hotels in Manhattan are outrageous. The average Bluejays fan that attended the MVC Tournament at the Scottrade will not be attending in New York.

DaveBird10

RedbirdSoxFan said:
bb fan said:

Not only the travel from Omaha, Nebraska, but the cost of hotels in Manhattan are outrageous. The average Bluejays fan that attended the MVC Tournament at the Scottrade will not be attending in New York.
I saw a few Shocker fans at the Arch Madness last weekend. I was wondering if they missed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Birdswin

I read in the Post-Dispatch that the SEC only sold All-Session packages - they do not sell individual session tickets. The only way for a fan to get a ticket to say - the games today (Saturday) is from a scalper - as the only remaining tickets sold at the window are all-session packages.

Kentucky and Missouri sold the most packages - as expected. Most schools only purchased the assigned allotment. Most games I have watched - outside of Kentucky - very few students.

SgtHulka

Did anyone else notice the intermittent seating pattern going on at the SEC Tourny?

Top Bottom