Crusaders cancelled

CaliRdBrd

Excellent!!!
I’m going to start a white supremacist group called the “Bradley’s”. Then I’ll sit back and wait for that school to be cancelled. So excited...

Sladerunningbear

I propose the Valpo Alpo’s with a St. Bernard with a barrel collar as the mascot so we can all do shots with him in St. Louis.

Birdswin

Extremely sad state of affairs. More and more so called "leaders" with no courage, full of ineptitude, and mentally weak people.

MadBird

Extremely sad state of affairs. More and more so called "leaders" with no courage, full of ineptitude, and mentally weak people.
Or, on the other hand, leaders who are interested in rethinking the status quo, taking into account a larger group of "constituents" and having the courage to take a stand that might not be "popular" but "the right thing to do".

Thank God Redbirds isn't offensive to anyone (I think? I hope?) ;)

Seven

Excellent!!!
I’m going to start a white supremacist group called the “Bradley’s”. Then I’ll sit back and wait for that school to be cancelled. So excited...
In her short Youtube clip explaining the decision, VU's interim president cites "The Crusader" being the name of a KKK newspaper as a reason. Yet when you google "The Crusader newspaper", the first few results belong to an African-American newspaper called "The Crusader".

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
We aren't getting into the reasons here. Talk about the change, what they should be called, what they will be called. Not going into if it's PC or not.

Redbirdwarrior

I have no problem with them changing their name. While I did think "Crusaders" is a pretty badass name, I can see them taking something that maybe is in the same vein (Knights maybe?). They could go way away, though- Marquette going from the Warriors to the Golden Eagles comes to mind.

TheTruth

Agreed........ it's sad to see what's happened to higher "education".

Last edited:

GhostofMBA

In her short Youtube clip explaining the decision, VU's interim president cites "The Crusader" being the name of a KKK newspaper as a reason. Yet when you google "The Crusader newspaper", the first few results belong to an African-American newspaper called "The Crusader".
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I had no idea there was a public out rage going on about the VU mascot? Seriously, who called for this, where were the protests? Anyone really care about this? Publicity stunt? Now they just need to hire that same consulting firm that Bradley used and come with......KABOOOM!

Illinois is still the:
Respect.

GhostofMBA

Agreed........ it's sad to see what's happened to higher "education".
It is has been the natural order of things for human history for a very long time:

disclose-tv-hard-times-create-strong-men-strong-men-create-g0od-29244867.png

TIMMY

I have no problem with them changing their name. While I did think "Crusaders" is a pretty badass name, I can see them taking something that maybe is in the same vein (Knights maybe?). They could go way away, though- Marquette going from the Warriors to the Golden Eagles comes to mind.
Golden Falcons. Change colors to Black and Gold.
1613158892404.png

JHBird

The new name should at least rhyme with "The Crusaders". I kinda like the Valpo Darth Vaders; but is it politically correct to be on the dark side of the force these days.

I don't like Rebirds. I'd Rather be the Red Dragons, Red Menace, Red Scare, Red Dawns. I remember an SIU fan waving a banner saying "Hey ISU, a 'redbird' is technically a cardinal". She had a good point; that's why it hurt so much.

JHBird

I remember Pekin.
Back in 1981 I was going to high school in Michigan. Our grammar teacher was from Pekin. She told me what their mascot was, of course I thought it kinda odd. Many years later I was actually working in Pekin. It's a strange, small world...

MadBird

The new name should at least rhyme with "The Crusaders". I kinda like the Valpo Darth Vaders; but is it politically correct to be on the dark side of the force these days.

I don't like Rebirds. I'd Rather be the Red Dragons, Red Menace, Red Scare, Red Dawns. I remember an SIU fan waving a banner saying "Hey ISU, a 'redbird' is technically a cardinal". She had a good point; that's why it hurt so much.
And the comeback is - a Saluki is technically a dog. ;)

Top Bottom