Courtesy shuttle

DoubleDeuce

Does anybody have any idea how long the courtesy shuttle runs after the game. I took it from the golf course to the game with my two-year-old son. After the game we walked right into the bathroom change the diaper and went and there was no more buses. It couldn't be more than 20 minutes honest-to-god. So now I'm standing here at Redbird Arena hoping I don't have to walk my son from The Arena to the golf course.

DoubleDeuce

And this after ordering tickets online 45 minutes before the game and the tickets never arriving in an email. Needless to say I'm having a bad customer experience.

DoubleDeuce

And this after ordering tickets online 45 minutes before the game and the tickets never arriving in an email. Needless to say I'm having a bad customer experience.

ricohill

They only run for about 10 minutes after. You have to sprint out the door to catch it.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I used to use the shuttle and it’s great if you hurry after the game.

The ticket office doesn’t surprise me at all.

ISU FAN 1

If you’re still waiting, I could be there in about 15-20 minutes and give you a ride.

DoubleDeuce

ISU FAN 1 said:
If you’re still waiting, I could be there in about 15-20 minutes and give you a ride.

Thanks for the offer! We made it back to the car

ISU FAN 1

DoubleDeuce said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

Thanks for the offer! We made it back to the car

Good, sorry to hear you were stranded with a small child.

birdballfan

ricohill said:
They only run for about 10 minutes after. You have to sprint out the door to catch it.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I used to use the shuttle and it’s great if you hurry after the game.

The ticket office doesn’t surprise me at all.

I have ridden the shuttle the last two years and have never had to sprint to get there on time and I sit on the north side upper bowl. I generally stay until the game is over. Sorry you had a bad experience as well. You should let them know about this.

ISU FAN 1

My Dad used to take the shuttle since he lived so near the ISU golf course. He said once the last non full bus leaves, and there’s nobody waiting, they don’t come back. That apparently happened quickly today.

Atrey22

ISU FAN 1 said:
My Dad used to take the shuttle since he lived so near the ISU golf course. He said once the last non full bus leaves, and there’s nobody waiting, they don’t come back. That apparently happened quickly today.
Exactly correct. We live west of Peoria & it is convenient for us & have ridden the shuttle numerous times over the years- and never had a problem. The drivers have radios to communicate regarding people waiting to board both going & coming. Always stayed till the end of the game- and after the waiting line to board the bus is depleated (usually about 10 min. or so after the final horn) & the last partially full bus leaves- they probably assume everyone is out.

Jsnhbe1Birds

They should have 1 come back for the stragglers. What's 10 extra minutes for one shuttle? Good god they are taking cheap and unaccomadating to a new level.

Morans14

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
They should have 1 come back for the stragglers. What's 10 extra minutes for one shuttle? Good god they are taking cheap and unaccomadating to a new level.
My goodness, you're tiresome. You obviously have an agenda and an axe to grind with the Athletic department. Give it a rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsnhbe1Birds

Morans14 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
My goodness, you're tiresome. You obviously have an agenda and an axe to grind with the Athletic department. Give it a rest.

I'm sorry........that you feel that way. I guess?

IHateWSU

Morans14 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:

:text-+1:

Birdswin

I have no "axe" to grind. I am a former Letter winner, have been a Redbird Club/WSF member since 1992, basketball season ticket holder since 1992, and football since 1997. But, to think the ISU Athletic Admin is doing a good job - I would strongly disagree. They are average at best - very nice people, but not getting the job done. I hosted 6 out of town guests today - former Letter winners and their spouses - they were highly critical of many things and not coming back any time soon. Next week, I have other guests coming in. The shuttle bus instance Double Deuce tells - is just another sign.

ricohill

Birdswin said:
I have no "axe" to grind. I am a former Letter winner, have been a Redbird Club/WSF member since 1992, basketball season ticket holder since 1992, and football since 1997. But, to think the ISU Athletic Admin is doing a good job - I would strongly disagree. They are average at best - very nice people, but not getting the job done. I hosted 6 out of town guests today - former Letter winners and their spouses - they were highly critical of many things and not coming back any time soon. Next week, I have other guests coming in. The shuttle bus instance Double Deuce tells - is just another sign.

Considering we have Steve Fisher back (in our hall of fame) and we show a video with no audio, at a timeout instead of at half time, then spell his name wrong when he’s shown on the video board. I think there is some work to do within the athletic department with gaffes like that happening on a regular basis.

RedbirdSoxFan

ricohill said:
Birdswin said:

Considering we have Steve Fisher back (in our hall of fame) and we show a video with no audio, at a timeout instead of at half time, then spell his name wrong when he’s shown on the video board. I think there is some work to do within the athletic department with gaffes like that happening on a regular basis.

Dropped the ball when “O” came back last year to be honored. Not even a highlight video to show of him.

ISU FAN 1

Atrey22 said:
ISU FAN 1 said:
Exactly correct. We live west of Peoria & it is convenient for us & have ridden the shuttle numerous times over the years- and never had a problem. The drivers have radios to communicate regarding people waiting to board both going & coming. Always stayed till the end of the game- and after the waiting line to board the bus is depleated (usually about 10 min. or so after the final horn) & the last partially full bus leaves- they probably assume everyone is out.

How about a radio for someone at RA to communicate the last call for rides?

Top Bottom