College Basketball Coaching Carousel

birdlife

you could say the guys on MMM were "in" on the birds this pre-season. they had muller on a podcast and kept an eye on us throughout the first half of the year. then they, justifiably, started to pay less and less attention. anyway, if you havent heard of them, they do a good job of covering the mid majors (with some slight bias here and there) and they put together this table tracking all the coaching changes, for your viewing pleasure, of course.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2019/3/11/18260194/college-basketball-coaching-carousel-tracker-keeping-track-of-all-of-the-coaching-changes

RedbirdNation24

Love MMM! To your point, they had written an article about how Muller had put together a "borderline perfect" schedule this year as well: https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/7/30/17630426/illinois-state-redbirds-missouri-valley-non-conference-schedule-2018-release-fgcu-byu

Tpguy

I think ISU has now slipped below Mid Major level

ChiRedbirdfan

birdlife said:
you could say the guys on MMM were "in" on the birds this pre-season. they had muller on a podcast and kept an eye on us throughout the first half of the year. then they, justifiably, started to pay less and less attention. anyway, if you havent heard of them, they do a good job of covering the mid majors (with some slight bias here and there) and they put together this table tracking all the coaching changes, for your viewing pleasure, of course.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2019/3/11/18260194/college-basketball-coaching-carousel-tracker-keeping-track-of-all-of-the-coaching-changes
Muller gets credit for scheduling even if it the scheduling. Ended up meaningless

ISU FAN 1

ChiRedbirdfan said:
birdlife said:

Muller gets credit for scheduling even if it the scheduling. Ended up meaningless
Wofford got the auto-bid, but would have gotten an at large had they lost in their conference tourney. So here’s the mid major at large blueprint to shoot for.

Wofford Overall Record 29-4
SoCon Conference Record 18-0
Quad 1 Record 4-4
Beat UNCG twice SoCon season
Won at South Carolina
Lost Home vs UNC
Lost at Kansas
Lost at Oklahoma
Lost at Mississippi State

Knocked off 25-6 UNC Greensboro in the SoCon finals, for 4th Quad 1 win.

Lunardi currently has Wofford as a #7 seed.

Pretty daunting resume that we need to approach to achieve a mid major at large.

Kind of highlights the need for at least 2 Quad 1 MVC teams to have a legit chance.

CaliRdBrd

I feel like Dan has scheduled relatively well. What he has no control over is how perceived preseason hi-caliber teams rank at the end of the season. I mean, who thought Murray State would be a dud a few years ago?
Also, let's see how many P6 teams play Wofford next year. I'm guessing not many...

ISU FAN 1

CaliRdBrd said:
I feel like Dan has scheduled relatively well. What he has no control over is how perceived preseason hi-caliber teams rank at the end of the season. I mean, who thought Murray State would be a dud a few years ago?
Also, let's see how many P6 teams play Wofford next year. I'm guessing not many...
They are arguably losing their 2 best players. It’ll might be safe to play them.

ISU is losing their 2 best players, and it’ll be more than safe to schedule ISU.

cpacmel

Sounds like Brian Barone is gonna get The Edwardsville job. Beane was trying to be a candidate.

jamminjamarsmiley

ISU FAN 1 said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:
birdlife said:

Wofford got the auto-bid, but would have gotten an at large had they lost in their conference tourney. So here’s the mid major at large blueprint to shoot for.

Wofford Overall Record 29-4
SoCon Conference Record 18-0
Quad 1 Record 4-4
Beat UNCG twice SoCon season
Won at South Carolina
Lost Home vs UNC
Lost at Kansas
Lost at Oklahoma
Lost at Mississippi State

Knocked off 25-6 UNC Greensboro in the SoCon finals, for 4th Quad 1 win.

Lunardi currently has Wofford as a #7 seed.

Pretty daunting resume that we need to approach to achieve a mid major at large.

Kind of highlights the need for at least 2 Quad 1 MVC teams to have a legit chance.

Good info here... The SOCON seemed pretty good this season. Unsure if UNCG gets an at large, but Furman was also ranked in T25 at one point. The MVC needs to have teams that can compete for T25 recognition. This means non conference wins. Also - I think Dan should play more "buy" games at P5 schools. I suggest scheduling 1 game against a Kentucky/Kansas/Duke/UNC if they will schedule it.... Then 3-4 more against P5 competition. Wofford had a nice schedule looking at what was posted above.

bombay

If ISU were to move on from Dan, John Brannon would be an interesting candidate.

CaliRdBrd

Article on ESPN about the intrigue surrounding the possibility of Pitino coaching UNLV. If that ass-clown ever coaches college basketball again, I'm done.

ISU FAN 1

CaliRdBrd said:
Article on ESPN about the intrigue surrounding the possibility of Pitino coaching UNLV. If that ass-clown ever coaches college basketball again, I'm done.
How about if Kelvin Sampson wins national COY?

ChiRedbirdfan

ISU FAN 1 said:
CaliRdBrd said:
How about if Kelvin Sampson wins national COY?

He would be perfect for that program and
City.

ChiRedbirdfan

CaliRdBrd said:

If you are a p6 why schedule worfford when you can schedule big name programs. p6 fans don’t want to watch their team play wofford live or on tv and that is the reality

TheTruth

Jesus Shuttlesworth said:
I'd be interested in Billy Kennedy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think a lot of schools will be interested in Billy Kennedy. I have a feeling that A&M will regret the quick trigger and their need to show everyone just how much money they’ve got to spend. They’re about to overspend on somebody.

ChiRedbirdfan

TheTruth said:
Jesus Shuttlesworth said:
I'd be interested in Billy Kennedy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think a lot of schools will be interested in Billy Kennedy. I have a feeling that A&M will regret the quick trigger and their need to show everyone just how much money they’ve got to spend. They’re about to overspend on somebody.

They have always been a big, free wheeling and, too often, dumb spender. But it is easy to spend like that when your annual ath dep revenue is more than the entire mvc universities athletic dept budgets added together .

BTbird

Wonder if Yaklich's name starts getting thrown around this year.

Top Bottom