Cayman Islands Classic Game 3 vs Boise State, 12:30 PM CST

RedbirdFanatic32

I think we need the win. Bad. Winning this would should get some much needed momentum building, leading into the rest of the non-con.

Brick

Play hard, limit turnovers and take good shots I like our chances

DoubleDeuce

I love waking up and remembering it's a gameday. Should be a tough one...go birds!

saxman210

Not confident. I never thought I’d say that losing a guy who gave us 4.3 pts per game last year in an average of 18 minutes per game would be a huge loss...but here we are. Losing a big with shot altering skills who could give Fayne a break and grab some rebounds has hurt more than I thought. I can only hope that once Taylor gets back, that loss hurts less.

What are the chances Milik gets either a technical or a flagrant for a third game in a row?

Phantom

Just get the f*****g win and quit playing like a bunch of sad sacked pu**ies.

Reggie Redbird

I think we will have a good result if:

Milik has more assists than turnovers. I would say his better game was yesterday with 12 points and 16 rebounds yesterday (2 TOs) than vs GA (20 points with 7 TOs).

We shoot above 67% from the FT line. It was better yesterday. We left a lot of points at the line vs GA.

Phil stays out of foul trouble. He's fouled out of both games so far. As our main big man, we need him on the court.

We see the Jefferson we saw vs Akron. I've been impressed with him. You can't expect him to have a solid game every time out; it was just unfortunate his roughest shooting game was vs GA.

Hopefully the answer is no tech and no flagrant. That's definitely something to review with the team about not giving away points and a key foul.

chuckie1980

REDBIRDS 89
BSU 67

Yarb (Now that I can see his face while playing..TNX to StadiumFB-Live) a play is made...and the old Yarb has this penetrating look that just comes natural to him that makes him look like a Bull in Heat. I bet there is a thin cloud of steam rising out of his ears....and how can a REF ignore this....FLAG FOUL #1 (Give the other team 15 points in one possession. )

Fayne Yesterday all the big guys were messed with. My guess they collectively created the issue themselves.

Evans I wince when I am watching him move. Give the old man a couple of more games...and 5-6 3s will swish through the net when we need it. If not...Evans is the type of team captain to replace playing time with kick you teammate's ass time.

I have faith in the BIRDS and MULLER. I want SWEET 16 this year...any way we can get it.

Adunk33

Staff member
IHateWSU said:
I am pretty sure the game is 12:30, not 1:30

Yep! 12:30 P.M. CST.

This game has the feel of the last time we played Boise State. Say what you will about yesterday, but it was a gutty win. Whether they should have had to grind it out or not is irrelevant. Getting close game experience is always important to learn and understand how to close out a game.

You might remember a season ago, the Birds grinded one out against (a bad) South Carolina team. It was followed up by an 18 point loss to Boise State.

Boise returns 44 of the 82 points they scored against us last season, including three starters. We got burned by this Jessup kid off the bench who went 3-4 from 3 and scored 13 points in 18 minutes. Luckily that Chandler Hutchinson guy has moved on. This year, they are led by newcomers RJ Williams (6'7 guard-17.5 points, 7.3 rebounds, known for turning the ball over with 10 through 4 games), and Derrick Alston (listed as a 6'8 guard, getting 14 ppg, and 4.8 rebounds). Jessup has moved into a starting role with 12.5 ppg. They really only play seven guys.

Williams and Milik will be matched up all day. They are similarly sized and skilled. Williams does not shoot the three ball well but shoots 63% from the floor.

The length of Williams and Alston remind me of Georgia's Hammonds and Claxton. However, Boise's guys don't have the bulk of those two.

Alston shoots 42% from deep and Jessup shoots 40%. The rest of the team shoots around 23%.

Retire 12

Sorry for the time mishap, was just going off a story on the tournaments own website.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Hutchison isn't there anymore so Boise is down. But, I'm not betting on a win because every aspect of the Bird's game is a mess.

Tpguy

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
I've never seen such an unprepared team in my life. This really is bad.

You might want to catch a U of I game :lol: :lol:

chuckie1980

Definitely, TP. I have never seen so much $$$ wasted so close to my home.

Redbird forever. I bleed red. If the play on court is bad...(maybe I will have a few more free nights for myself) but for me....this is my SWEET 16 team.

Top Bottom